• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$8 cow treat taxpayers' money like fertilizer, FAP continue to leech

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
No plans for Gardens by the Bay to be self-sustainable: Khaw Boon Wan

Government grants to the national public garden are used to support its community programmes and offset operating expenses, Minister for National Development Khaw Boon Wan says.

SINGAPORE: Gardens by the Bay will continue to receive grants from the Government and there are no plans to make it fund itself completely, said Minister for National Development Khaw Boon Wan on Monday (Jan 19).

In a written answer to a Parliamentary question from NCMP Gerald Giam on whether there are plans for Gardens by the Bay to be commercially self-sustaining eventually, Mr Khaw said 90 per cent of Garden by the Bay’s recreational garden spaces and facilities are free and accessible to the public.

“Gardens by the Bay is a national public garden for Singaporeans. It is a people’s garden meant for all to enjoy,” Mr Khaw. “Since its opening, it has run a wide range of non-ticketed programmes and activities to reach out to our local community,” he said.

Some examples include major festivals and events such as the Mid-Autumn Festival @ The Gardens and the recently concluded Christmas Wonderland.

The grant to Gardens by the Bay is thus used to offset the operating expenses incurred in the upkeep of this as well as to support its active community programming, he said.

- CNA/ct
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/no-plans-for-gardens-by/1602210.html

how can this be fore all to enjoy when it is not even farking free?

blessed

Alfrescian
Loyal
This garden is for Singaporeans to enjoy? I thought my last visit there saw many foreigners enjoying the free gardens. So why claim it is for Sporeans to enjoy?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
This garden is for Singaporeans to enjoy? I thought my last visit there saw many foreigners enjoying the free gardens. So why claim it is for Sporeans to enjoy?

Singaporeans are too busy working to pay the government so they can support GBTB and such.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singaporeans are too busy working to pay the government so they can support GBTB and such.

I often visit GBTB. Bought the membership card and renewed it every year. Sinkies should appreciate this modern 'Hanging Gardens of Babylon' that PAP built for all sinkies to enjoy.