• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$79.5B pumped into Temasek in the last 10 years.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was just told that $79.5B has been pumped into Temasek since 2005. Thats 35% of the $223B of the Portfolio as it stands today. Could someone figure this one out.

Thats a lot of money. The Government needs to clarify.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
$79.5B over 9 years is over $8B per year - equal to the govt's average annual tax revenue from GST.

Without disclosure as to how Temasek obtains funds, it is impossible to determine how much of the growth in fund size is due to investment returns and how much is due to fresh injections.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ho-ching-1.jpg

I just need 1 more chance to recoup my losses! Just 1 more chance! OK???

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was just told that $79.5B has been pumped into Temasek since 2005. Thats 35% of the $223B of the Portfolio as it stands today. Could someone figure this one out.

Thats a lot of money. The Government needs to clarify.

that's not a lot of $$, you missed out the low cost acquisitions such as changi airport which r highly under valued.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
temasek is such a bullshit fund,the reason why u will never see its results replicated by any hedge fund or sovereign fund anywhere is because u dont have the government throwing endless cash at it and countless of state monopolies at firesale prices.

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
i tot temasek declared itself a private company?

how come govt give money to a private company?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was just told that $79.5B has been pumped into Temasek since 2005. Thats 35% of the $223B of the Portfolio as it stands today. Could someone figure this one out. .......

Leong Sze Hian would be interested to know the reasons too.

But seriously, I've been telling you guys from time to time here on this forum that those closely related to Familee and even the members of Familee had set up shell companies within shell companies within shell companies in BVI, Caymans, Seychelles, Mauritius, Malta, etc...using funds "borrowed" from Temasick.

The costs of these so-called loans are zero to the borrowers of Familee. When the investments of these shell companies of Familee yield positive returns, some of the profits are then returned to Temasick to clear the loans. If there is any leftover profit, Familee gets to keep it.

I've been sticking my neck out to tell you the above, what a little bird from the West told me a few moons back. Do you know that I risk being exposed by legions of PAP porlumpars here who are policing this forum?

Believe what you will but the above info is one of those that the United Stasi of A. uses as leverage on Familee.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I called this chap who is close to this and asked him about the $5B and he told me this. I could not figure out if these low cost acquisitions are part of the injection. They need to be transparent.

that's not a lot of $$, you missed out the low cost acquisitions such as changi airport which r highly under valued.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The transparency is lacking. Temasek and the Govt has been giving the impression that Temasek since 2002 has been working on its own steam These are material to any discussion and assessment of Temasek's performance. All funds have frequent injections as more customers sign up unless it no longer takes new customers but these are made known.

$79.5B over 9 years is over $8B per year - equal to the govt's average annual tax revenue from GST.

Without disclosure as to how Temasek obtains funds, it is impossible to determine how much of the growth in fund size is due to investment returns and how much is due to fresh injections.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what appears in MOF FAQ on its website.

http://app.mof.gov.sg/reserves_sectionone.aspx

Q12. Has the Government transferred funds to Temasek or GIC to show better performance?

No, the Government has not and does not transfer funds to Temasek or GIC to improve their performance figures.

In the case of Temasek, the Government is its sole shareholder. The Government injects capital into Temasek from time-to-time as part of the Government’s allocation of fresh flows of funds, and to allow Temasek to plan its future investment strategies. These capital injections are reflected in Temasek’s accounts and are made public

An occasional misperception is that capital injections can be used to improve the reported returns performance of Temasek. Capital injections can increase the size of the portfolio but do not improve the investment returns6 . Temasek’s reported returns figure follows the widely accepted practice of computing returns, which is to deduct any capital injections from (and withdrawals by) the Government in making such calculations. Temasek’s returns figure is reviewed and regularly published in its annual report.

In the case of GIC, the Government may also allocate fresh flow of funds to be managed by GIC. Such allocations also cannot improve GIC’s investment performance figures