• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

3,150 new citizens to be welcomed to the singapore family this weekend

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Real Singapore

3,150 NEW CITIZENS TO BE WELCOMED TO THE SINGAPORE FAMILY THIS WEEKEND
Post date: 30 Aug 2014 - 7:56pm

citizen-022513e_1_0.jpg

This weekend, there are a series of citizenship ceremonies being help in over 14 different locations around Singapore with a total of 3,150 new citizens being welcomed.

PM Lee Hsien Loong attended several citizenship ceremonies in Ang Mo Kio and Sengkang West today and he said that he hopes new citizens will do more to integrate into Singapore society.

At the afternoon ceremony, over 150 new citizens received their certificates and Pink ICs. In the morning session, 200 new citizens were welcomed.

National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan also welcomed new citizens in another ceremony at Republic Poly where he said to the 194 new citizens there that they play a big part in welcoming even more new-arrivals to Singapore.

(See: Khaw Boon Wan: New citizens can help to welcome in even more foreigners)

PM Lee explained to his new constituents that they should join in to celebrate Singapore's 50th birthday next year and he acknowledged that their decision to change citizenships was a major decision.

PM Lee said that the new citizens probably still have a lot of adjustments to make and need to get used to Singapore culture. He asked Singaporeans to help welcome the new citizens and interact with them on a personal level.

End Of Article​

10288739_766148310084825_1956243321795466702_n.jpg
10351913_10202054669784047_1287119110333714963_n.jpg

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The PAP needs these new citizens to vote for them in the next election in order to win.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this country is going down the shithole....3000 more reasons why u should get out of here and migrate to australia.

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]PM Lee urges new citizens to engage in the community[/h]
[h=2]Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has urged new citizens to engage in the community where they live and take part in community activities. He said he hopes the new citizens will actively integrate into society and discover more about Singapore.[/h]
pm-lee-3.jpg
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong speaking at the National Citizenship Ceremony on Saturday, Aug 30.

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has urged new citizens to engage in the community where they live and take part in community activities. Speaking at a citizenship ceremony at the Ang Mo Kio and Sengkang West constituencies on Saturday (Aug 30), Mr Lee said he hopes the new citizens will actively integrate into society and discover more about Singapore.

About 150 new Singaporeans from the constituencies received their citizenship certificates and identification cards at the ceremony in the afternoon.

Rege Abhijit Suresh is from India and Luneva Zlata from Russia. They met in Japan and decided to get married and settle down in Singapore. On Saturday, the couple and their son Vijay officially became Singapore citizens.

The decision to make Singapore home was not a very difficult one for them. Rege said: "If we are going to settle down here, no point staying as a permanent resident. So we said 'let's get citizenship - for his future'. Also it makes more sense - from all perspectives, from education, and honestly from the National Service perspective, I think it's a good thing that he goes in and get some discipline in him."

Rege and Luneva have been in Singapore for eight years and have learnt to integrate into society. Luneva said: "Even in my marriage, I'm married to an Indian, so Indian culture is different. So for me, if I can adapt to my husband, I can adapt to the culture in Singapore ... I like Yakun toast, I like Indian food, I like Chinese food, there's nothing I don't like in Singapore."

pm-lee-at-citizenship-data.jpg

Prime Minister Lee (2nd L) giving out citizenship certificates at the National Citizenship Ceremony on Saturday, Aug 30.

Speaking at the citizenship ceremony, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong noted that changing citizenship is a major decision. "It's not just weighing up the benefits and the costs rationally and doing a spreadsheet and say 'Okay, now cost-benefit breaks even', but committing your heart - what identity do you adopt, what values will you make your own, where will your loyalty lie," Mr Lee said.

Prime Minister Lee acknowledged there will be some adjustments new Singaporeans will have to make because they all come from different cultures. But he said he is confident that their roots will grow year by year, just as it was with the older generations of Singaporeans.

Mr Lee encouraged the new arrivals to serve the community alongside Singaporeans and to celebrate Singapore's 50th birthday next year with fellow citizens. He also urged residents to help the new citizens fit in on a more personal level - by inviting them for community events and for meals at their homes.

At an earlier ceremony in the morning, another 200 new Singaporeans living in the Ang Mo Kio and Sengkang West constituencies received their citizenship certificates.

- CNA/al

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Engage my arse, when time is right, liquidate everything and go far far away, left Sinkies to suffer the aftermath. SONG BOH

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Alternative View

10628577_758608807533787_3099828567101878098_n.jpg

PR from Tianjin, China, berates Singaporeans who complain and says they should be sent to India and China to see "how great is our government (sic)".

The comment appeared under Lee Hsien Loong's Facebook update on new citizens receiving their certificate at a ceremony today.

What are your views of these new citizens and PRs telling us how to "appreciate our government"?