• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

‘I need 20 years to pay off my HDB whereas my parents paid up in less than 10’ — Singaporean airs grievance online

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

‘I need 20 years to pay off my HDB whereas my parents paid up in less than 10’ — Singaporean airs grievance online​

Beatrice Del Rosario - Yesterday 10:00 am
1683278075132.png

hdb-february-2023-bto-launch-review:-affordable-developments-for-people-of-all-budgets

SINGAPORE: An online citizen recently shared a post contrasting the current payment timeline for an HDB flat with that of the previous generation. As senior citizens will recall, HDB flats could be fully paid for sooner. The screengrab showing past and present timelines has got Singaporeans talking online about the cost of public housing.

An online user took to Facebook on Wednesday (May 3) to share a screengrab of an online post. “I need 20 years to pay off my HDB,” the post read. It then contrasted the general payment timeline for the previous generation. “Whereas my parents paid up in less than 10 years.”

“Both four-room HDB,” the post continued. “My parent’s HDB (was) bigger in size. My salary (is) more than my parents’.” The post then concluded with a question: “Why leh?”

The stark contrast sparked conversation among netizens. “That’s inflation lah,” said one. A few others referred to the political side of the issue. “You reap what you sow and get what you voted for,” said one.

Another wrote, “You ask LW (Lawrence Wong) and his party why, lah! After all, they are voted in to serve the people, right? Anyway, that’s what they always say during campaigning.”

Another commenter took a more playful approach saying, “Don’t complain, just write down on a paper ‘Your tiny leased flat would may cost you 2m.’ Keep the paper inside an angbao, and inform your descendent (not to)open until xx years later. When xx years come, your words left behind might come true, and you may be labeled a “farsighter.”

With the pinch of inflation being felt worldwide, the prices of property, food, household goods and many other things have become hot topics of conversation.

Image: FB screengrab / Umbrage Singapore
Image: FB screengrab / Umbrage Singapore© The Independent Singapore

The post ‘I need 20 years to pay off my HDB whereas my parents paid up in less than 10’ — Singaporean airs grievance online appeared first on The Independent Singapore News - Latest Breaking News

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/worl...1&cvid=47e0338f7cc145998dddf4af6599b8aa&ei=45

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Feeds the monster and wonders why the monster grows bigger and fucks you up even more. Not very smart. :wink:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
And pay off a car loan within 3 years. And the cars were used till it dropped as it was easy to fix.