• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

something is bugging me...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
folks, can help me solve this puzzle?

1. please correct me if i'm mistaken, and i believe these ERP gantries can pick up the IU's identification and then charging the unit via cashcard.

2. and why are we using credit cards to charge now?

3. which leads me to the last question: why do we still need cashcards in the first place if they can bill us at the end of the month right from the beginning?

:confused::eek::confused::eek:

is this a scheme to suck more money out from the peasants or am i missing something out here?

HELP!!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1. please correct me if i'm mistaken, and i believe these ERP gantries can pick up the IU's identification and then charging the unit via cashcard.

3. which leads me to the last question: why do we still need cashcards in the first place if they can bill us at the end of the month right from the beginning?

is this a scheme to suck more money out from the peasants or am i missing something out here?

HELP!!!

Ahh!...every thing here designed by the MIW's is to serve their interest & maximize their profits, you just PAY!

That is why everyday, every motorists passes the gantries, the device emit a sound that says:

or translated in English "Fark":biggrin:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Better be careful of credit cards. They are a US invention. Now the economy is fucked, US may purposely compromise all credit cards in the world as a global financial nuclear weapon.
Since USA plays to win, let the credit system die and everywhere in the world will be fucked. Pretend that some hacker compromised the system when it is their own fuckers doing it.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even EZlink card need to be purchase and will expire in 5 years. A lot of things that they planned are not working as it use to be. The truth is that the media is being controlled that why the damage control they can do.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal

HELP!!!

This is where the opposition must be strong in Parliament, we can have the interest earn from collecting money from us in advance, to be return in a form of Tax rebate or better road or even donate to the needy for food and school fees.Instead, it is now quietly mask under some corporate numbers as profit and legally pay out to fat cats as bonus.

dunkidme

Alfrescian
Loyal

HELP!!!

not everyone can afford credit cards.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Even EZlink card need to be purchase and will expire in 5 years. A lot of things that they planned are not working as it use to be. The truth is that the media is being controlled that why the damage control they can do.

come to think of it, you're quite right about it... now i wonder about those biometric passbooks... as well as those biometric identification cards... :eek::eek::eek:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
not everyone can afford credit cards.

bro,

you missed the point.

if the IU can go under the gantry without the need of having the cashcard inside in the first place, why didn't they just send the bill?

if they can detect the absence of a cashcard in the IU, they can certainly bill you later when you've gone under the gantries with or without a cashcard, right?

why this new deal of using credit cards? why don't they just bill the driver directly at the end of the month? who benefited from this cashcard deal? :eek::confused::eek::confused:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
take money fr u 1st ... juz like carparking coupons ...

oni dey can owe u money ... how can let u owe money? ... if u dun pay, how? hau? ...

sage

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

you missed the point.

if the IU can go under the gantry without the need of having the cashcard inside in the first place, why didn't they just send the bill?

if they can detect the absence of a cashcard in the IU, they can certainly bill you later when you've gone under the gantries with or without a cashcard, right?

why this new deal of using credit cards? why don't they just bill the driver directly at the end of the month? who benefited from this cashcard deal? :eek::confused::eek::confused:

Gahment want you to pay if not instantly at least with payment gauranteed by credit card company. However it will be good if they can send out bill at the end of the month. In that case, we all, only 500,000 of us, drag and don't pay. After several months with millions of cases to deal with they may get fed up and abolish erp altogether.

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure I'm correct or not but here is what I understand.

Cash Card Payment Mode
ERP Gantries will send a short radio wave using a short-range radio communication system installed in the ERP gantries, to car's IU to deduct the appropriate ERP charges on your cashchard. The PCB in IU is programmed to do the reading of cash card and also the deduction of charges.

Credit Card Payment Mode
Same theory as cash-card. However, you will register your IU with your credit card on Motorpay website, with a monthly subscription. ERP gantries will have additional software or program where it will read your IU's ID and record the amount. From there, it tally the record on with the Motorpay's database. Once match, it will charge to your credit card. If no record found, it will inform LTA where you will be fine.

If you have cash-card in your IU and you are also using credit card payment mode, cash-card payment will take the precedence.

The advantages of credit card payment is for ppl to avoid paying extra fine if they forget to insert their cash card in their IU. However, looking deeper, using credit card payment need to pay monthly subscription fee. This amount of money will in turn be pocketed by PxP and also the credit card company.

Just my 1 cents humble opinion.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
sorri.. with regards to the bug that is bugging you?? does it look lidat????
i think it was just trying to say Hi :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bug.jpg

something is bugging me...
HELP!!!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gahment want you to pay if not instantly at least with payment gauranteed by credit card company.
po2wq said:
..take money fr u 1st ... juz like carparking coupons ...
oni dey can owe u money ... how can let u owe money? ... if u dun pay, how? hau? ...
Zhihau, the beauty of pre-payment (stored value) and now guranteed by plastic supplement. Credit's NOT on.. not even 30days. Unless job creation with collection unit or farmed out. Maybe some strong armed tactics?
..good if they can send out bill at the end of the month. ...only 500,000 of us, drag and don't pay. After several months with millions of cases to deal with they may get fed up and abolish erp altogether.
Oh, we wish:p

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know I will blow my cover when I say this, but I have to say it.

First off, allow me to let off my steam.... F88K THOSE MOTHERF88KERS AT LTA and Ministry of Transport !! LIM PEI F88K YOU ALL DEAD, YOU MOTHERF88KING CHEE BYE KIAs !!!!!

Donkey years ago, when I was a working class driving my car to do sales, I was fined a couple of times - $30 each time for being forgetful, I forgot to put in my cash card. I wrote to LTA, Ministry of Transport, see my MP, and even suggested monthly billing. All these motherf88kers at these departments said no, no, no, and no. I still lan lan pay my fines.

Look at what they are doing now ? Isn't it what I had proposed years ago ?? If these motherf88kers have any brains, I will be surprised !! Or is it that they are waiting and listening for instructions from LKY ?

All these motherf88kers, typical Jar-Liao-Bee !!!

:oIo: LTA, F88K YOU Motherf88kers... :mad:

HELP!!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

HELP!!!

When the ERP scheme was first launched, the contract for payment ie cashcard was given to a GLC, can't recalled the name but I believe it was led by a lady scholar. It was more or less a monopoly. They did not allow other payment cards to compete.

They did not want to have an end of month billing fearing that they might end up with late payments and debts. There was also stored value funds which they can milk as people would have topped it up without spending it. The float for this must have been huge in view of the monopoly.

I think they have finally caved into pressure.

The Govt will never allow a position where a GLC will fail. When DBS was launched, it had a 25 year protection. Foreign banks were not allowed to hook up to local ATMS and now allowed to incrase their ATMs. POSB was gifted to DBS. Thats is why it has never ever got is radar right and always seemed to struggle.

Look at SIA. The Govt could not control the International market so SIA learnt from the very start to compete aggressively without receiving favours. SIA is not noted for its distinctive service and its well organised flight ops but DBS has never been noted for anything in banking even thought both share the same parents.

As of late, SIA however is behaving like it sibiling. Heard that they are the joke of the town having hedged oil at a ridiculously high price compared to its competitors.