• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FTs Say Sinkiepore Sucks!!

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners in S'pore set up Facebook group called "Singapore Sucks"

getFullSizePhoto.do

STOMPer Charmaine is angered by foreigners in Singapore who had set up a group on Facebook to ridicule the nation, saying that it has been forced into workaholism by its strict governance, among many things.

Said the STOMPer:

"The group claims that as a result of the strict governance in Singapore, Singaporeans have no freedom and are forced into workaholism. Despite the economic progress, Singaporeans are lacking in creativity and cultural development.

"On one discussion board, people are encouraged to vent their frustration about the governance of Singapore.

"The group picture of this interest group shows the Singapore CBD area being shot by missiles.

"While it was mentioned in the description of their group that the pictures were strictly tongue-and-cheek, it is indeed one joke carried too far.

"Why should these foreigners post this sort of photo online?

"The CBD area is Singaporeans’ symbol of pride, a place where our family and friends work.

"It is evident that the people who set up this group are trying to tarnish the reputation of Singapore and encouraging others to do so as well.

"Freedom of speech does not equal to speaking untruths. These people can comment about Singapore but they should not write lies on their pages to deceive others.

"As a Singaporean, I am really sad and angered by this group of people and I appeal to ALL Singaporeans not to join this group."

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not the first incident. See..... our country welcome these foreigners & yet they make a mockery of Singapore. Sick foreigners! :mad:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually what they said is true...i agree completely. the peasants are just slaves for the PAP elites.

but the missiles shots on CBD are really untrue..unless you have the command of a RSAF fighter squadron...

do you have pride in CBD? you guys need to travel outside of SGP more...hehe...

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Sucks!

"The best government is one that governs least" is the kind of quote that puts a frown on the faces of Singaporean lawmakers. While Singapore has enjoyed stable economic growth for decades now, its people and culture have not progressed forward. Prolonged periods of tight government control on all aspects of life have created an atmosphere of workaholism because there is simply nothing else to do. The purposes of this group are to raise awareness for people from everywhere in the world about the current state of Singapore and for members to vent their frustration.

It is believed among many forward-thinking Singaporeans that their control-freak government has hindered creativity and cultural progress. For that Singapore needs a liberal government... and for that to happen Singaporeans have to change and have to start asking for a change.

Some key facts highlighting the Singapore's backwardness in a number of areas are listed below:

1. In 2008, Singapore ranks 153rd out of 195 nations by Reporters Without Borders in the Worldwide Press Freedom Index, just slightly ahead of countries like Cuba and China.

2. In a similar index, Singapore ranks 154th out of 195 in the Freedom House press freedom world ranking.

3. Singapore uses the death penalty extensively and has, according to Amnesty International, the world's highest execution rate relative to population size.

4. In Singapore, post-mortem organ donation has been made mandatory under the Human Organ Transplant Act, which kicks in once a patient is legally defined dead (under the Interpretation Act).

5. Government agencies have been known to use or threaten to use litigation against bloggers and other Internet content providers. The Internet in Singapore is almost devoid of political discussion and dissent only occurs on websites and discussion forums run from outside the country.

6. The city-state's Media Development Agency (MDA) has banned a long list of films and other forms of expressions that contain "political" or "sexually offensive" materials.

7. Despite the fact that Singlish is the most widely used language in Singapore, the language is carefully avoided by the broadcast media and rarely used in public speeches.

8. Singapore is a major supporter of the Burmese military junta, which lives on Singapore's supply of arms, communications network, and health care.

9. The list contineus...

"Disclaimer: This group exists to critique the policies of Singapore's government, especially the PAP, and to spread awareness of the plight of Singaporeans. It does not intend to attack the citizens of Singapore, and any aspects of the group that could be construed as threatening, such as the group picture, are strictly tongue-in-cheek."

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hypocrisy at its best. If the gist is with the PAP, why name the group Singapore Sucks? PAP is not representative of Singapore.

Wen Jiabao sucks so China Sucks, Mohan Singh sucks so India Sucks, Arroyo sucks so Philippines sucks so on and so forth.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not the first incident. See..... our country welcome these foreigners & yet they make a mockery of Singapore. Sick foreigners! :mad:

Try not taking it personally. They are making fun of the system & ft who have worked in Spore have their own stories to tell :rolleyes:

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

It's OK as long as my FTs worship me like Kim Jong Il. Err...I mean God! *hee*hee*

Wau lau eh uncle.
Can change picture or not??

Foreigners oledi say we not creative and you keep using the same old picture
You just prove them right leh.

See long liao will tired of it one leh.

:o :( :o

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wau lau eh uncle.
Can change picture or not??

Foreigners oledi say we not creative and you keep using the same old picture
You just prove them right leh.

See long liao will tired of it one leh.
u re going to see him daily in your 50 quid soon. :biggrin:

helicopview

Alfrescian
Loyal
workaholism is truly alive in Singapore. Do you see pp saying the same for thailand, malaysia, aust, usa?

"Singaporeans are lacking in creativity and cultural development'' I thought it was a undisputable fact. Why get so upset..Just treat it like a cartoon

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
workaholism is truly alive in Singapore. Do you see pp saying the same for thailand, malaysia, aust, usa?

"Singaporeans are lacking in creativity and cultural development'' I thought it was a undisputable fact. Why get so upset..Just treat it like a cartoon

I dun even feel angry or sad about it.
Wat kind of creativity we have if we are going to micro manage and controls every thing.

*LOL*

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually what they said is true...i agree completely. the peasants are just slaves for the PAP elites.

But why are peasants just slaves? Wasn't it the great Jah_Rastafar_I that proclaimed not long ago that SG will not be what is is today if not for the 75% Chinese population???

How did this overwhelming ethnic society end up being peasant slaves to the elites??

Any self respecting Chink, if any, out there willing to answer this?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I dun even feel angry or sad about it.
Wat kind of creativity we have if we are going to micro manage and controls every thing.

*LOL*

Thailand has great amount of creativity. Just watch their TV advertsiment and you will know.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners in S'pore set up Facebook group called "Singapore Sucks"

STOMPer Charmaine is angered by foreigners in Singapore who had set up a group on Facebook to ridicule the nation, saying that it has been forced into workaholism by its strict governance, among many things.

Said the STOMPer:

"The group claims that as a result of the strict governance in Singapore, Singaporeans have no freedom and are forced into workaholism. Despite the economic progress, Singaporeans are lacking in creativity and cultural development.

"On one discussion board, people are encouraged to vent their frustration about the governance of Singapore.

"It is evident that the people who set up this group are trying to tarnish the reputation of Singapore and encouraging others to do so as well.

"As a Singaporean, I am really sad and angered by this group of people and I appeal to ALL Singaporeans not to join this group."

Just imagine how a Male! Singaporean! who has served National Service in Singapore! will feel.