• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Facebook login asking for ID photo

Yamato

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was trying to log into my Facebook account that I have not use for as long time and they are asking me for a photo from my IC or driving license etc

Is it right for a service provider to be asking people for such personal items to verify identity?

Will you give?

I certainly will not give however that was the only option for me. Not fair.

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Facebook used to repeatedly asked me for my phone number. My mind was like NO, fuck you very much, Mark Zuckerberg.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Was trying to log into my Facebook account that I have not use for as long time and they are asking me for a photo from my IC or driving license etc

Is it right for a service provider to be asking people for such personal items to verify identity?

Will you give?

Your identity is none of their business. This is why I don't have a permanent facebook account. My account is expendable and I have a few running at any one time.

If they've locked you out of your existing account just create a new account and re-invite your friends.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuck facebook

fuckfacebook.png

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will you give?

U probably forgot your password? Otherwise, no way facebook can verify whom u are to give u access to the account.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The term is called ID Proofing and it is something banks and even Governments including Singapore are working on. I too was surprised how things have evolved this fast. The next time they want to authenticate, they will ask you take a selfie and they use a matching algorithm to confirm its you with the photo provided. The Banks and Govt will use the digital photo in the passport or ID chip to do the matching. They will be provided with access to the chip on official Govt IDs.

Looks like FB is getting your reference photo ready for the next stage. The trouble is how people have anchored themselves with FB and few other apps with the single-sign on feature that they have become captives.

Your identity is none of their business. This is why I don't have a permanent facebook account. My account is expendable and I have a few running at any one time.

If they've locked you out of your existing account just create a new account and re-invite your friends.

Yamato

Alfrescian
Loyal
U probably forgot your password? Otherwise, no way facebook can verify whom u are to give u access to the account.

Unfortunately this is not the case, my password is correct. Problem is I have not logged in for a long time and this time I try to log in from a new notebook, they told me I needed to verify as this is a "new device", hell they even know its a new device.

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will you give?

When you first sign up, you did not tell them exactly who you are (presumably, no real name, address, telephone number, photo, etc).

So how the hell are they going to verify your identity by you giving them some documentation now? Very strange and seems some sort of scam.

Worse comes to worst, just create a new user account.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When you first sign up, you did not tell them exactly who you are (presumably, no real name, address, telephone number, photo, etc).

So how the hell are they going to verify your identity by you giving them some documentation now? Very strange and seems some sort of scam.

Worse comes to worst, just create a new user account.

I wonder too this is very strange

chucky

Alfrescian
Loyal
The photo in your avatar will do nicely. :smile:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theres a recent bbc documentary called 'what Facebook knows about you' and its pretty hard hitting stuff.

what many don't see is the extent to which fb intrudes into individual privacy….even if you visit other sites that fb has nothing to do with, FB gets informed.

if you use fb on your mobile, not only do they have your no (with your consent), they also know where you are every second of the day…so they can bombard you with 'relevant' advertising depending on your location.

If an individual did this, there would be a jail sentence for cyber stalking.

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal

Will you give?

too bad lah

Who ask you so suay name yamato, might be that ww2 criminal mah