• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Some quick thoughts from my trip to China

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's like a University grad going for job interview but the potential employer forms his impression of the job seeker based on his poor PSLE results.

Ok..you sum it up aptly..

China, with a population of 1.4 billion...u met only with a very very small fraction of its people...

There are still nice people around there, and not all are scums.

Shut Up you are Not MM

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just got back from Jian Ou, Fuzhou the other day and would like to share some of my thoughts and experiences...

Jian Ou is almost identical to the under-developed, non-tourist parts of Bangkok, except that things are as expensive as shit. Clothes (of all things) are two to three times more expensive; household electronics are all Chinese but at higher-than-Japanese prices, and even a can of hair wax I bought was 2x the Singaporean price. Food is cheap, though mostly bland -- the province is deathly afraid of spices, to the point where I cried out in excitement when I saw garlic used in a veggie stir fry.

I'm a heavy beer drinker, and the first couple of days I drank till I got bloated and wondered why didn't I get drunk. Then I discovered that their beers are weak as shit (the standard is 3.6% alcohol, even the Chinese Budweiser), and 5% is considered strong to them. Spent the rest of my trip having neat vodka instead, which I despised.

Walking on the street is a barrage on my senses because of the non-stop honking and the very occasional smell of shit coming from sewage drains. On the plane back, the Chinese passengers were farting (Jesus) and taking so many dumps after dinner that the smell of shit got recycled right into the ventilation system. I wrapped the blanket around my face like a ninja and put my knees up against the seat in front of me, which of course was reclined quite a ways back (happened to me on the way to Fuzhou as well).

All in all, I hope to never go anywhere in China ever again. Though in a word of fairness, the Fuzhou Chinese are quite friendly, chatty, and very family-oriented. I didn't mind the loud, boisterous family gatherings in the restaurants I dined in because I thought that's the way it should be, in comparison to Singaporean outings where the only thing you hear is the sound of cutlery.

Ok that's it.

It is obvious that you went to the WORST PART of China and deliberately pick on the worst side to smear China.

I had been to many countries and today's China is better than Singapore and even Japan.

253731606ee7a8ce8b05b18a459c49f47ac82736.jpg

https://img0.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/25373/253731606ee7a8ce8b05b18a459c49f47ac82736.jpg

This is a nice Toilet in Shenzhen @ this URL:

http://f.amap.com/4a8SU_0B43iIO

It is nicer than Changi Airport, MBS, RWS, Paragon, etc.

That was why I took a panorama photo of it when I was there. Truely 5 stars 6 stars and beats not just Singapore, but beat Tokyo & Las Vegas as well. Better than Mumbai Taj Mahal 5 Star Hotel which charges US$300 per night, the bath room inside is not even as good as this! Well designed well built well maintained and the entire mall 君尚百货 @ 深圳市福田区福华三路269号君尚百货F1层 off 购物花园 MRT Station is very nice, I shopped, I ate, and I went to hair saloon.

You obviously deliberately pick some shit

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok..you sum it up aptly..

China, with a population of 1.4 billion...u met only with a very very small fraction of its people...

There are still nice people around there, and not all are scums.

Ok la. 1.4 billion but how many percent are of the standard you speak of? The rest all subhumans

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Once again people mistake good infrastructure as first world. The behaviour principles and civil mindedness of the people matters more. China is still way behind.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS was just sharing his experience from going to one part of the country. I am sure he cannot be saying things that are comparable to Shanghai. And most of know enough to avoid these places and see things that are nice and fascinating.

If given a choice every Singaporeans would go to one of the 1st World countries rather than relocate to Shanghai. It about a whole host of things from culture, manners, equality, freedom, plus an excellent place to raise your kids and start a generation.

I have friends and ex-colleagues who work in various parts of China and some for well known MNCs but would rather get posted to NY, SF, London, Rome or even Tokyo but not everyone is lucky or even qualified to work in these 1st World places.

I have also have friends who relocated to China after retirement to get in touch with their roots, learn about the culture and the appealing history which I think is great. They have shared things which many of us are amazed such top state schools with even a halal canteen for their muslims countrymen who made it to these schools with good grades.

I think we should welcome people like TS who want to share such experiences.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is obvious that you went to the WORST PART of China and deliberately pick on the worst side to smear China.

I had been to many countries and today's China is better than Singapore and even Japan.

253731606ee7a8ce8b05b18a459c49f47ac82736.jpg

https://img0.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/25373/253731606ee7a8ce8b05b18a459c49f47ac82736.jpg

This is a nice Toilet in Shenzhen @ this URL:

http://f.amap.com/4a8SU_0B43iIO

It is nicer than Changi Airport, MBS, RWS, Paragon, etc.

That was why I took a panorama photo of it when I was there. Truely 5 stars 6 stars and beats not just Singapore, but beat Tokyo & Las Vegas as well. Better than Mumbai Taj Mahal 5 Star Hotel which charges US$300 per night, the bath room inside is not even as good as this! Well designed well built well maintained and the entire mall 君尚百货 @ 深圳市福田区福华三路269号君尚百货F1层 off 购物花园 MRT Station is very nice, I shopped, I ate, and I went to hair saloon.

You obviously deliberately pick some shit

aiyah, of course lah if you selectively post a 6.9-star restroom in prc for all to see it can be deceiving too. but that's not the typical restroom in prc. the typical restroom in majority of locations in the prc is this.

IMG_0086.JPG

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those with low self esteem, please refer to this:

TS was just sharing his experience from going to one part of the country. I am sure he cannot be saying things that are comparable to Shanghai.

And for those who can't read, let me reiterate: I don't care about infrastructure and not once did I lament the lack thereof, other than smells from sewage drains. My main complaints can be summed up in three parts: prices, Internet, people.

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS was just sharing his experience from going to one part of the country. I am sure he cannot be saying things that are comparable to Shanghai.

I think he did when he said:
All in all, I hope to never go anywhere in China ever again.

That must surely include Shanghai, Beijing, Zhuhai and Shenzhen.

When one makes a sweeping statement like what he did based on one's experience with just one small town (and we all know how big China is), be prepared to be challenged. It really nothing to do with one's self esteem.

But I do agree, and I'm sure most of us do, that we should welcome more people like TS to share their experiences.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
singo pussies whining about china….you kunts….it is a country 14,000 times bigger
and offers a lot more complexity than living in a bubble.

toughen up….cant go to china, cant go to india, where kan u kunts go then?

3 day tours were invented for singos.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he was just relating his experience. What I did find interesting is that some chose to take the extreme viewpoints. An example is comparing with India. Why not Tokyo, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur let alone Copenhagen, Paris etc. Another is citing infrastructure at a location within China was not where he went.

If he gave a negative review of Shanghai I am sure we would find it disappointing.

If you are given a posting overseas with everything paid for the family from school to various allowance and you can choose between any city in China and Sydney what you think most people would do. Remember China is the second largest economy in the World while Australia in not even in the top 10.

It all about context.

I think he did when he said:

That must surely include Shanghai, Beijing, Zhuhai and Shenzhen.

When one makes a sweeping statement like what he did based on one's experience with just one small town (and we all know how big China is), be prepared to be challenged. It really nothing to do with one's self esteem.

But I do agree, and I'm sure most of us do, that we should welcome more people like TS to share their experiences.

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't mean to necro what is already a dead thread but I mean this dude Bonut (bo lamparji har?) feels compelled to tear my face, so what am I to do?

You mean to say PRICES, INTERNET, and PEOPLE are based on principalities? You mean Shenzhen gets a different sort of Internet from Jian Ou? You mean to say Beijing has no Chinese people? You mean to say Shanghai is cheaper than Jian Ou?

I mean look at your own contributions to the thread. Asking about fucking SIM cards, roaming charges, and YOUTUBE? (lol).

"Be prepared to be challenged?"

I'm looking forward to your Shanghai thread boy.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't mean to necro what is already a dead thread but I mean this dude Bonut (bo lamparji har?) feels compelled to tear my face, so what am I to do?

You mean to say PRICES, INTERNET, and PEOPLE are based on principalities? You mean Shenzhen gets a different sort of Internet from Jian Ou? You mean to say Beijing has no Chinese people? You mean to say Shanghai is cheaper than Jian Ou?

I mean look at your own contributions to the thread. Asking about fucking SIM cards, roaming charges, and YOUTUBE? (lol).

"Be prepared to be challenged?"

I'm looking forward to your Shanghai thread boy.

A different view means tearing your face ? And anyone who disagrees with you on your view on China has low self esteem ??

Prices, Internet and People. If I remember correctly, Internet was never mentioned in your first post.

As for Prices, they are definitely not consistent throughout China. The food prices in Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen are different. The groceries in Shanghai are cheap. I do my shopping at 联华超市。Fuck, even the prices of the same items in Cold Storage, FairPrice and Sheng Siong are different. I am not saying your experience in Fuzhou is inaccurate. It's just not representative of the whole of China.

As for People, yes they differ too. The people in Shanghai are definitely different from those in the ulu areas I have been to, such as Guilin and Shantou. Yes, they may all be Chinese, but education and standard of living plays a big part in how people behave, even of the same race.

It's your prerogative to "hope to never go anywhere in China again", but if you are looking at China through a small hole called Fuzhou then I say again - be prepared to be challenged. China is not Fuzhou. Just like Singapore is not Pulau Ubin.

Your information on Fuzhou is indeed helpful.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
He came to Singapore and only stay in geylang. And complaint the country is fuck with kuay bu.

I read tge 1st two paragraph oredi know he is negative person. Donrmt bothered after that.