• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

V@Summerplace by Connoisseur

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, just wanted to start a thread regarding this development/developer. I find there's very little information about their developments & developer on the internet. Would be great if can get people's inputs. Heard they're launching another mega high rise residential development near Pacific Mall.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it still on? I thought it was launched like 1 year+ back and now there is still not much news :confused:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh my goodness my colleague just bought into this development.

I think the track record of this developer maybe not so strong. The location looks pretty good though.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
This developer is linked to Country View, the CEO of Connoisseur is the son of one of the board members i think.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry. Not too sure about the details of his purchase. Just that he bought 1 unit there.

Buying in Johor from unknown developers has to be careful. We cannot just assume that things will be like Singapore.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry. Not too sure about the details of his purchase. Just that he bought 1 unit there.

Buying in Johor from unknown developers has to be careful. We cannot just assume that things will be like Singapore.

There are quite a number of condos having this delay issue too. If costs rises too fast or there is a labour crunch, some projects may be delayed and the developer may find it more profitable to abandon the project than complete and compensate the owners for the delay.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are quite a number of condos having this delay issue too. If costs rises too fast or there is a labour crunch, some projects may be delayed and the developer may find it more profitable to abandon the project than complete and compensate the owners for the delay.

I think if one buys from a reputable developer shouldn't be a problem , lah.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well. Can only know better a few years. Maybe the state Govt is flooded with envelopes approval submissions that it just cannot cope with the load.

Probably it's just as simple as that.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well. Can only know better a few years. Maybe the state Govt is flooded with envelopes approval submissions that it just cannot cope with the load.

Probably it's just as simple as that.

SPA can't be taking more than 3 months for state consent unless it is a special case like leasehold property or bumi conversion. Mine took about 1 month each for both properties. I recommend to get your friend to check with the lawyer or developer (suspect) again to see which party is delaying. It is not a good sign if after 1 year of launch there is still no foundation work. Either the developer is facing cashflow issue or the cash is already not there.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to visit over the weekend, construction started already and by the looks of things prob 5% done/ongoing. Sales lady said target to finish by end 2016, would be cool if they can deliver on that!

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to visit over the weekend, construction started already and by the looks of things prob 5% done/ongoing. Sales lady said target to finish by end 2016, would be cool if they can deliver on that!
That's great. Those early buyers of the V@Summerplace and Skysuites is laughing all the way to the bank. If RTS materialised, they will be the nearest to it followed by Suasana.

solelyone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sky Suites build until very tall already, at least reach 8-10 floors already. Not sure how many floors more to go.

Construction of Sky suites is now at its 16th floor (based on last week). 15 floors left.

Last edited:

ElfieFay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to look at empty units on d still available 1+1unit, Duplex unit n found there r plenty of holes n cracks.. almost all plugs r slanted meaning they r not straight.. There seem to have a moldy smell in it as it had been vacanted long time n it was not properly clean up..

The interior of the building has green mold or fungus growing.. Lobby area is very hot.. it seem that they r saving on the maintenance fee or other reasons??? It's only 1year n the maintenance is already like this.. Hope they will improve on it as it is a nice building..

Warranty period is ending roughly around early2018. If one were to buy it now n get everything done by end2017, there will only be 1mth plus to check for serious defects.. Warranty period is not extendable n Developer is not willing to give extended warranty or discount for this problem.

Deleting V@SummerPl from my mind..

ElfieFay

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm looking for property in or near CIQ.
V@SummerPl is the only 1 in CIQ which has already completed n is already 1yr old fr last yr 2016.

I'm initially intetested in getting 1 unit there but after viewing the empty units, will decide to move on to other property.

If there r already many see-able defects, there might be other un-see-able defects that need time to check...n warranty is expiring soon.

They only maintain the ShowRoom Unit.
If 1 is viewing it n may be attracted to it so if any1 is interested, please view the empty units available..
It's personal preference. Maybe some1 won't mind them.

Just keep in mind that warranty is expiring soon so if there r any serious defects, there's no more warranty.
Warranty period is ending roughly around early2018. If one were to buy it now n get everything done by end2017, there will only be 1mth plus to check for serious defects.. Warranty period is not extendable n Developer is not willing to give extended warranty or discount for this problem.

ElfieFay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard lots r for rental for people working in SG n AirBNB. Most R&F staffs r also staying there as I went to see their ShowRm n staff attended to me told me that most of them r staying there as it's near. They too, told me that there r many defects. Fixtures n Fittings r not smooth n r poorly installed.

It's good for rental since all or almost all defects should be fixed by the owner of the unit.

Think mostly were bought by investors renting out..