• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
20k THB using the easy to calculate 1SGD to 25THB conversion rate would be 800SGD but nowadays the rate is more like 24.5 so would be 800+ for that meal. How much would a similar meal cost in SG? I would assume that restaurant charges european prices or maybe slightly less but i think the pricing would be similar to what it would charge if it operated in SG, you agree?

having dinner now with the person in the photo, she reminded me that meal in Cafe des Amis was 29k baht with 6 bottles to go and 2 bottles there. Actual meal with the 2 bottles there was like 9k baht

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am not sure why you can't see the pic but I will post another one.

Oh is it, I wonder if it was the fish sauce which gave it the good taste.
I had this dish once on my last trip to Bangkok and it has become my fav dish at the moment.

I am fairly new to the Thai scene and happy to make frequent trips to Bangkok soon.

whattoeat-thailand-padkrapow-960x640.jpg

Thats krapow moosaab literally Thai basils with minced pork

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Miss my lunch today so made up with the dinner. Crystal Park is at the east side of Bangkok. Its not a big mall like Central Eastville very close to it.

The establishment has two parts, the main restaurant (The Brasserie) and wine shop (The Godfather) which carries all sorts of high end alcohol as well, you'l be very surprised what they carry. This restaurant is opened by The Water Library which has many restaurants all over Bangkok. Owner is a Myanmese.

The two shops side by side

The Godfather

The restaurant

One don't find a Hendrick's in a restaurant everyday

Don't drink Spanish wine so often anyway many good Spanish wines are underrated. This is one of their greats from the famous Ribera del Duero region popular for its Tempranillo variety of grapes.

So it's gin for me to start with

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I highly recommend this place because of the quality of the food, great chef and service too. Prices for the food is also very reasonable but the wine cold be expensive.

Hot freshly baked bread with homemade butter

4 starters, blue cheese platter, we actually brought our own blue cheese cos this restaurant don't serve this

Rockets with parma ham and parmesan cheese and truffle cream sauce

Frog legs - forst time ordered this I'll say its just so so, don't like the batter

Pan fried foie gras with tamarind sauce

Preparing the Amarone for the mains

Nicolis Amarone wouldn't say it's the best but good enough for the meats to come

Lamb shank this time was a little bit too sweet, gave feedback to the chef

A great striploin

Perfect to finish off the evening with a sip of Calvados, an apple brandy

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Craving for our Singapore style Indian food, where to find? Why Singapore style? Because most of our Indian food is southern Indian problem overseas most restaurants are northern Indian food.

There are many south Indian restaurants in Bangkok but only this Tamil Nadu serves meat the others strictly vegetarian. Went there for lunch.

Found inside Silom Soi 11 a very narrow soi

A very inconspicuous shop

Simple menu - boss told me half his customers from Singapore and Malaysia

Simple but clean

Great thosai

Rasam soup and Indian fried chicken - one can hardly find this soup in Singapore anymore except in Serangoon

Daal

Mutton briyani

Meat simply breaks apart in your mouth

We had a great meal and will be back for more soon

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
You never heard of old adage?
If you need to ask....you probably can't afford it

That makes it even more intriguing and exciting. Otherwise, I will not even bother to follow this thread. If you post a thread on drinking pepsi cola and eating chicken rice, I am sure it's never going to arouse my interest.

It's like watching Khemanit Jamikorn. You follow her news because you know you are never going to get laid by her.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wouldn't mind laundering her :p

8980216e292aa13aa1c4de1b3d20a842.jpeg

Actress ‘Patt’ turns herself in to police over money laundering charges

Actress Napapa “Patt” Tantrakul turned herself in to the Narcotics Suppression Bureau to face charges of conspiracy to launder money.

She arrived at NSB headquarters at 9am on Monday to find a large number of reporters waiting. Napapa, who looked tense, did not say anything to reporters as she entered the building.Lawyer Arkhom Khongsawat, who represents Napapa, said Bt500,000 had been prepared to apply for her release on bail.

The NSB issued two summons for Napapa to face charges after investigators discovered that the actress possessed money her husband – motorbike star Akarakit “Benz Racing” Worarojcharoendet – had received from a network led by alleged Lao drug kingpin Xaysana Keopimpa.

It is expected that investigators will seek a detention order for her from the Criminal Court on Monday while the probe continues.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315230

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Have your burger outside the Suvarnabhimbi Airport. Just spent $30 for 2 burgers at Burger King it's too expensive

Double cheese burger

Whopper double

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...you didn't order the set meal which is cheaper. individual items cost more together.
Think the point is that makan prices in Suva airport are not known to be cheap, even for fast food like BK.

Ala carte double whopper adds to S$14.50, and dbl cheeseburger S$10 -not far off than Sg's.

Of course, one could try the cantina at basement or a quick sandwich at convenience store at the corner of the car park (near exit 3).
But perhaps that cramps froggy's style :wink:

Last edited:

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm late to the party but welcome back Froggy. This subforum was never the same without you.

Looking forward to many more great food/travel/life posts from you