• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like Malaysia, their petrol price got up got down, unlike 'somewhere', got up no down :wink:

malaysia petrol price raise from ~90 cents in the 80s to today 2.90, average salary remain the same

singapore petrol price currently ~$2, average salary has double.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Friends of mine got inundated with calls recently from friends, relatives and even strangers who are calling them about housing, etc.

One of them was pretty sick but still took the time to show some folks new to JB around the estates.

Funny thing though, at the end of the tour, they then told him they were locals but that they had been living in SG for the past forty years. Now they are determined to come out here as well.

I have been helping out in a few cases and of late, really got a lot of enquiries. Referred folks to medical, car maintenance, shoe related industries, etc. Seems the interest is growing.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard from customers that the jams at tuas during morning peak 7am-9am is atrocious for last 6 mth..sometimes q for 45 minutes. Arent the customs doing anything to improve the jam situation?

Eh Iphone5 i curiousle u always mention customers or clients in ur post ..u in what line or sellg what if i may kaypoh?

rogersk8ter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Friends of mine got inundated with calls recently from friends, relatives and even strangers who are calling them about housing, etc.

One of them was pretty sick but still took the time to show some folks new to JB around the estates.

Funny thing though, at the end of the tour, they then told him they were locals but that they had been living in SG for the past forty years. Now they are determined to come out here as well.

I have been helping out in a few cases and of late, really got a lot of enquiries. Referred folks to medical, car maintenance, shoe related industries, etc. Seems the interest is growing.

Yes Wuqi, my relative who is selling her corner terrace in Leisure Farm Resort BWV placed an ads in Straits Time and she was bombarded with enquiries. She hv to answer to all sorts of qns till her handpone batt ran flat by afternoon.

rogersk8ter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went there last Friday. At the middle of the huge car park the msia police stationed a mobile police post (as a deterrent i guess). Its important to note that the car which was broken into had a bag on the seat which can be seen. Even if u r in sg u shd not do that what more while abroad. Then pls do not make it like you are random innocent victim. Its common sense not to leave any valuables or valuable to you openly in the car. PERIOD.

well said!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
malaysia petrol price raise from ~90 cents in the 80s to today 2.90, average salary remain the same

singapore petrol price currently ~$2, average salary has double.

Did SG average salary double? Low income earner salary has been stagnant. I know an office cleaner in the 1980s and her pay was $600 then, now I know a school cleaner and her pay is $700.

Last edited:

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
can we buy diesel vehicles in msia? like the diesel turbo Hulix?

malaysia diesel has high sulphur content and not suitable for new euro4 and euro5 vehicle esp continental. Even those korean car using european engine also suffer. better to get petrol vehicle.

hilux is euro3 and should be ok.

My friend drives a new model diesel car in SG but cannot pump diesel in Malaysia :(

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes Wuqi, my relative who is selling her corner terrace in Leisure Farm Resort BWV placed an ads in Straits Time and she was bombarded with enquiries. She hv to answer to all sorts of qns till her handpone batt ran flat by afternoon.

Agree, especially for bros and me who have to call back and sometimes some took more than 45 minutes. In the end, i sent a standard template FAQ to them after the first 15 minutes and sent them to bros as well to save everyone time. Also good for them as a reference as some will ask the same question repeatedly. A whole extended family came and then another, i don't mind sponsoring time and petrol/diesel but wife is getting a bit upset at what she calls is my "national service."

Found a pretty reasonable lawyer for one of my bros who was stuck with a couple who really wanted to buy from him. Very honourable chap who stuck to the deal despite the agent and his wife telling him otherwise (20-30k difference) as nothing was inked yet.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Euro 4 or 5 continental diesel vehicles, I believe the particulate filter on the car can be removed to accept pump diesel grade but do check with the sales person if this is true.

In MY, since RON95 is subsidized, I say just buy a petrol car :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A couple of updates, some folks in a new condo development starting with G are telling Singaporeans and other PRs who have HDB units in Singapore that they can still bypass HDB MOP. Please check and verify that the paperwork says Commercial and not Residential. If its Commercial then no problem but in this case, seems like it was still Residential.

It is really bad to tell folks that they can buy such units and not to be subject to the MOP rules so please do take note, always check the documents and S&P that you are buying.

As a reminder, all S&P are standardized and should not be different. Any such exceptions must be made to the proper authorities and the clauses to be documented and provided to the owner. Any deviations should be properly consulted with ones lawyers.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For Euro 4 or 5 continental diesel vehicles, I believe the particulate filter on the car can be removed to accept pump diesel grade but do check with the sales person if this is true.

In MY, since RON95 is subsidized, I say just buy a petrol car :smile:

True, anyway a friend of mine always recommended me to use diesel from Esso, so i will monitor and see. :smile:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
A couple of updates, some folks in a new condo development starting with G are telling Singaporeans and other PRs who have HDB units in Singapore that they can still bypass HDB MOP. Please check and verify that the paperwork says Commercial and not Residential. If its Commercial then no problem but in this case, seems like it was still Residential.

It is really bad to tell folks that they can buy such units and not to be subject to the MOP rules so please do take note, always check the documents and S&P that you are buying.

As a reminder, all S&P are standardized and should not be different. Any such exceptions must be made to the proper authorities and the clauses to be documented and provided to the owner. Any deviations should be properly consulted with ones lawyers.

Only residential units (which includes serviced apartments classified as residential on commercial titled land) are required by Housing Ministry to use the standardised S&P per the Housing Act. If its a commercial or industrial unit, they are not required to use the Housing Ministry's standardised SnP.

http://www.hba.org.my/laws/housing_reg/2007/2007-12-01-hdr.htm

A standard S&P regulated by Housing Ministry looks like this:
Schedule G for Sell-then-build landed - http://www.hba.org.my/laws/housing_reg/2007/schG/schG-2007.htm
Schedule H for sell-then-build high-rise - http://www.hba.org.my/laws/housing_reg/2007/schH/schH-2007.htm
Schedule I for Build-then-sell landed - http://www.hba.org.my/laws/housing_reg/2007/schI/schI-2007.htm
Schedule J for Build-then-sell high rise - http://www.hba.org.my/laws/housing_reg/2007/schJ/schJ-2007.htm

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Only residential units (which includes serviced apartments classified as residential on commercial titled land) are required by Housing Ministry to use the standardised S&P per the Housing Act. If its a commercial or industrial unit, they are not required to use the Housing Ministry's standardised SnP.

http://www.hba.org.my/laws/housing_reg/2007/2007-12-01-hdr.htm

Thanks Mingchye, i should clarify here, the reminder was for my earlier posts referring to residential units which will have to use the standard S&P and there should be no exceptions unless they get special exemption from the governing body.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did SG average salary double? Low income earner salary has been stagnant. I know an office cleaner in the 1980s and her pay was $600 then, now I know a school cleaner and her pay is $700.

Oh , our Minister pay not only double , it is like 10x leh !

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believed it is legally OK to buy condo (Malaysian can them service apartment). Most of these developments are sitting on commercial land and can be classified as commercial property right? Can bypass the lampa HDB MOP rule that clamp the sinkies!

Status
Not open for further replies.