• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Recruitment of Informants is whole different thing. Not on payroll. Comes from special vote.

There are a few categories of informants and some of them are paid on monthly basis, depending on your scope of information.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I'm a law abiding citizen, that means I also abide by OSA. There's no such thing as the whole truth for the public, whether Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, UK, USA, ROC or PRC. Otherwise, governance and policing can't function properly and that's bad for the public and country, regardless of who's in power.

Read Scroobal's post, giving you half truth is just too lenient.

Agents can be planted in organizations. Informants can be planted too. Informants can be on contract basis, pay as you inform or on regular payroll. Depends on how you define it but to me, they are agents.

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. You can work all your life for them. They might not be on ISD payroll but their "salary" can come from PA payroll, pension, NTUC payroll, other Govt payroll, false front company, cash deposited every month in POSB acct etc. The latest trend is working overseas as businessman but collect money from overseas. PAP CEC before 1965 had one but completely vanished. Then they realised that his back ground was not known. All parties including PAP, NGOs etc will have them.
There are a few categories of informants and some of them are paid on monthly basis, depending on your scope of information. Goh Meng Seng

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is SID exactly? Is it some kind of Military Intelligence, since it has something to do with Bt Gombak.

Recruitment

SID - All Honours Grads from SIngapore Unis will be shortlisted and called for interview at Bt Gombak. They also recruit NS men from various grades and during NS. They also set up false front and advertise for executives, sales person , IT professionals etc.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Scroobal,

Apart from the payroll from the undercover organizations, there are allowances given as well. From which fund? Ask MHA.

As a player in this dangerous game, I have to make sure that I know my opponents well.

I have this feeling that ISA will be used against PAP's political opponent(s) again in the near future. I hope I am wrong but if things continue as it is now, this will not be a remote option for PAP.

Goh Meng Seng

Yes. You can work all your life for them. They might not be on ISD payroll but their "salary" can come from PA payroll, pension, NTUC payroll, other Govt payroll, false front company, cash deposited every month in POSB acct etc. The latest trend is working overseas as businessman but collect money from overseas. PAP CEC before 1965 had one but completely vanished. Then they realised that his back ground was not known. All parties including PAP, NGOs etc will have them.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Join the police force for a start. All ISD operatives, agents, whatever you call them in glamorous American movie terms, are still just police officers.

Some things changed a decade ago. The senior officers, most of them, absorbed into Intel scheme. The junior officers are still makan paus.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Scroobal,

Apart from the payroll from the undercover organizations, there are allowances given as well. From which fund? Ask MHA.

As a player in this dangerous game, I have to make sure that I know my opponents well.

I have this feeling that ISA will be used against PAP's political opponent(s) again in the near future. I hope I am wrong but if things continue as it is now, this will not be a remote option for PAP.

Goh Meng Seng

Frankly, given your past history, I am quite surprised you do know how ISD works. Any chance you working for them?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agents can be planted in organizations. Informants can be planted too. Informants can be on contract basis, pay as you inform or on regular payroll. Depends on how you define it but to me, they are agents.

Goh Meng Seng

You missed out another angle. Not necessarily to plant. Can also cultivate those already in target organisations. Faster that way and less suspicious.

Let me just say this - they have all entities of interest well-covered. If the ID of some of their agents are made known, many of you will die from shock!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SID - All Honours Grads from SIngapore Unis will be shortlisted and called for interview at Bt Gombak. They also recruit NS men from various grades and during NS. They also set up false front and advertise for executives, sales person , IT professionals etc.

a friend of mine was called up for an interview after NUS. she had no idea what the position was for and how they got her info. but it was made clear to her if she were to be shortlisted, her background (including social circle - ie boyfriend) would have to be scanned too.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Goh Meng Seng

In Singapore, we don't call them agents. We call them informants. The word and title informant is legal and important because it's covered under statute laws for personal and identity protection. Informants will be paid in cash or in kind from time to time depending on the arrangement.

Is the bugger still buggering you in HK? See your HH gang boss. Ask him to get rid of the bug. LOL!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Frankly, given your past history, I am quite surprised you do know how ISD works. Any chance you working for them?

Of course I have to know about them and not because I work for them. Most of the time, those who work for them know even less about ISD because they work in cell format, thanks to Communist training.

There is something call counter-intelligence; as someone say, just read books on secret service.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Basically, nothing could possibly surprise me. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

You missed out another angle. Not necessarily to plant. Can also cultivate those already in target organisations. Faster that way and less suspicious.

Let me just say this - they have all entities of interest well-covered. If the ID of some of their agents are made known, many of you will die from shock!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Call whatever you want but to me, in a nice way, I regard them as agents, else, MOLES. :wink:

Well, nobody mess around with me in HK. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

In Singapore, we don't call them agents. We call them informants. The word and title informant is legal and important because it's covered under statute laws for personal and identity protection. Informants will be paid in cash or in kind from time to time depending on the arrangement.

Is the bugger still buggering you in HK? See your HH gang boss. Ask him to get rid of the bug. LOL!

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course I have to know about them and not because I work for them. Most of the time, those who work for them know even less about ISD because they work in cell format, thanks to Communist training.

There is something call counter-intelligence; as someone say, just read books on secret service.

Goh Meng Seng
All along I thought you were from ISD - NSP Cell.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A frequently used tactic is, at a very early stage, try to weed out those who have leadership potential in the target organization, either thru intimidation or dirt digging or some combination. Those who have weak character or some personality flaws, let them remain. Over time the target organization becomes dominated by those weaklings which makes it an ineffective force. This is much better than open confrontation. Outsiders seldom guess what is happening.

That is why Sg opposition for so many years has remained weak. A lot of gd people joined, but quickly targetted once their potential was discovered.