• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Duterte Angry That Sinkies Fuck Care Pinoy Labour Law! We Will Not Up Maid's Pay!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: From May 1, the minimum salary for domestic workers from the Philippines will be raised from S$550 to S$570, the Philippines Embassy’s Overseas Labour Office (POLO-SG) said on Friday (Mar 31).

In a notice to its more than 200 accredited employment agencies, the embassy’s Labour Attache Ramon Pastrana said this is due to the “fluctuation of exchange rates of the USD” in relation to the Singapore dollar.

The last revision for the minimum salary took place in 2012, where it went up from S$500 to S$550.

Singapore has about 240,000 domestic workers and about 70,000 are Filipino.

Besides the pay increase, Mr Pastrana also spelled out the Labour Office’s plans to take a tougher stance on employment agencies who collect “placement fees” by deducting a portion of a maid’s salary. Placement fees are service fees paid to the agency for its work in facilitating employment for the domestic worker. This includes paperwork and negotiations with prospective employers, among others.

Currently, under Philippine law, agencies are not allowed to charge any placement fees to domestic workers. But in Singapore, the Ministry of Manpower allows agencies to deduct up to a maximum two month’s worth of a domestic worker’s salary for placement fees. Agencies may choose not to deduct any amount as well.

According to the notice, the Labour Office “received reports that employment agencies in Singapore continuously charge Filipino domestic workers placement fees through salary deductions of one to eight months.”

"Due to this alleged blatant disregard of Philippine laws and regulations and despite the many briefings conducted by POLO-SG to address the situation, POLO-SG hereby announces the following policies to take effect immediately,” it said.

These policies include “immediate suspension of documentary processing” for agencies who collect placement fees through salary deduction. All accredited agencies will also be required to submit updated name and contact details and salaries of domestic workers, as well as the name and contact details of their respective employers.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...o-go-up-may-1-philippine-embassy/3642042.html

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If pinoyland not happy with pinoys working conditions in Singkieland.. the pinoys can always work elsewhere

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Philippine Embassy has already implemented this, some time back already, if your contract don't read as $570-$600 basic pay, with every Sunday off....they would not endorse the contract. Don't know, what the "hohah"is about the $570?

If you can afford a Filipino worker, who can speak some English, then employ..if not you have, choices now, Mynamar, Indonesians, Cambodians, Indians, Sri Lankans.....

Just pay MOM correctly...that is the most important...ha ha ha...if you can't afford a maid, your wives, stay at home, look after the kids.....but some, in fact, quite many, need a maid for looking after their invalid elderly parents..& there is a huge demand for caregivers...

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Philippine Embassy has already implemented this, some time back already, if your contract don't read as $570-$600 basic pay, with every Sunday off....they would not endorse the contract. Don't know, what the "hohah"is about the $570?

If you can afford a Filipino worker, who can speak some English, then employ..if not you have, choices now, Mynamar, Indonesians, Cambodians, Indians, Sri Lankans.....

Just pay MOM correctly...that is the most important...ha ha ha...if you can't afford a maid, your wives, stay at home, look after the kids.....but some, in fact, quite many, need a maid for looking after their invalid elderly parents..& there is a huge demand for caregivers...

Why don't duturdte concentrate on giving the workers in pinoyland a better deal? Why must kpkb about the conditions of OFW?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why don't duturdte concentrate on giving the workers in pinoyland a better deal? Why must kpkb about the conditions of OFW?

Every incoming president, must put on a show that they are looking after the OFW...or else, their OWWA will not make money. They have learnt from the whities here, with their "wayang" also....now they are milking the OFW silly with their TESDA that they have to pay at least PHP4,500, before they can be given that "certificate" to come out to work. Then, they come here, the employer have to pay $120+ for orientation course...in which they have already being trained in pinoyland...basic mandarin, customs etc...

You get the idea....it is about making money from the workers..with training, upgrading etc..does it sound familiar to you? CAN or CANNOT...ha ha ha

So, Diudirty...must make some noises....."new broom sweeps clean"....after a while , all will be quiet...until the next term or next president!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every incoming president, must put on a show that they are looking after the OFW...or else, their OWWA will not make money. They have learnt from the whities here, with their "wayang" also....now they are milking the OFW silly with their TESDA that they have to pay at least PHP4,500, before they can be given that "certificate" to come out to work. Then, they come here, the employer have to pay $120+ for orientation course...in which they have already being trained in pinoyland...basic mandarin, customs etc...

You get the idea....it is about making money from the workers..with training, upgrading etc..does it sound familiar to you? CAN or CANNOT...ha ha ha

So, Diudirty...must make some noises....."new broom sweeps clean"....after a while , all will be quiet...until the next term or next president!

The worse thing is the pinoys still think he is the best..I think his rating is 70.%

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I told my maid that I would pay her the usual salary. If she's not happy, she's free to resign and return back to Duterte's shithole. She gratefully agreed to my terms.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What the Pinoys are saying is basically that they prefer to starve rather than earn less than U$400 per month.

Employers here are dumb (mostly from 70% what) to give in to their demands-there are Burmese/Cambodian/Indonesian/Thai maids to choose from.
I noticed in my place that Pinoy maids are decreasing in numbers while those from Burma are taking over them-and these Burmese maids pick up Mandarin and dialects very quickly too. How many Pinoys bother to learn Mandarin/dialects?-

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I told my maid that I would pay her the usual salary. If she's not happy, she's free to resign and return back to Duterte's shithole. She gratefully agreed to my terms.
of course she didn't mind - not having to wash the dishes, with you bringing dinner home in styrofoam boxes and all...:biggrin:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
If pinoyland not happy with pinoys working conditions in Singkieland.. the pinoys can always work elsewhere

How abusurd to cite US dollar fluctation......... when USD shot thru the roof, peenoise NO noise ........ now slight dip they demand adjustment. How fast they learn from papigs.

The peenay wholes in Manila slums and US bases charge in Piso or USD????

Why our MOM stand ldly by to hv peenoise embassy give direct orders to our EAs? Do EAs represent FDW employers? When did EAs defend or protect employers' interests? We got into this ridiculous state of affairs becos our MOM is totally useless - FDW pay rose from 150 to 570 isn;t this absurd???

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How abusurd to cite US dollar fluctation......... when USD shot thru the roof, peenoise NO noise ........ now slight dip they demand adjustment. How fast they learn from papigs.

The peenay wholes in Manila slums and US bases charge in Piso or USD????

Why our MOM stand ldly by to hv peenoise embassy give direct orders to our EAs? Do EAs represent FDW employers? When did EAs defend or protect employers' interests? We got into this ridiculous state of affairs becos our MOM is totally useless - FDW pay rose from 150 to 570 isn;t this absurd???
Mom will not interfere as they will never dare bully foreigners.. Just locals. N bottom line is don't hire Php...Hire from other countries. Send all the Php maids back...See what happens next.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hi sir, be careful their embassy may come knocking your door.
As far as I know, all the embassy in sg are very pissed with their countryman coming here to work as a domestic workers as this is slavery of slavery as a human being.
Try calling any embassy and enquire about fdw they will fuck you upside down :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why are maids needed in the first place? Kiwis get along fine without full time domestic help.

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are maids needed in the first place? Kiwis get along fine without full time domestic help.

Exactly my point. Why? For the majority of households, maids are not needed but sinkies just love to show off that they have maids to order around to do simple chores that they can do themselves.

I often see maids walking dogs. Wtf.. if you need a maid even to bring your dog for a walk, why have a dog in the first place.

Sinkies are really spoilt and useless fuckers.