• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat HDB Resale Price Affected - Not all older flats eligible for en bloc (SERS)

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore will cease to exist in 2047 when I take my last breath. All these questions will be inconsequential.

but ur hdb flat must exist during its 99 year conundrum,like energy it cannot be created nor destroyed only transferred.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Something would only happen to the losers who inherited the first generation of HDB flats. They are our version of sinkie losers, pretty much like the American version of the losers who stay in their parent's basement instead of moving out when they reach adulthood.

When my kids grow up and get married, I expect them to fuck off from my bungalow and start their own life in their BTO flats. If they continue to succeed in their professional lives, they can sell off the BTO and move up a more luxurious home. Otherwise, be content to stay in their BTO until they pass on. And the cycle repeats itself for their own kids.

Even for singleton losers, most of them I know aspire to buy their own HDB apartments once they are above 35 years old. They too don't wish to remain forever with their parents unless they are underachievers. In most societies, voters don't have much patience for underachievers. We expect voting adults to be able to take care of themselves.

Actually this holds more significance than you think. First a lot of the so called "CPF" savings are backed by the HDB property asset class.

If the govt does let leases lapse with no renewal option, then the property market will see a significant reaction.

Second, what about banks that give mortgages for such flats? If prices collapse and the banks also have no way to recover their loans they will be affected as well.

I know many people say "aiyah this thing so far down the road not my problem lah." Yeah that is the typical attitude of sinkies.

Not just HDB but also private properties with 99 year leases. Currently we see enblock at increase in plot ratio. But it will hit a limit. Then what then when no developer wants to buy since the plot ratio cannot go higher. Then how?

So sinkies are silly. Short sighted. You work so hard. "invest" in lease hold properties. It is like saying invest by renting a property then sublet? All wealth and asset can go up in smoke return to the government coffers. Who wins? Temasek wins.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all so called hdb "leases" are actually prepaid rentals. best in world class in terms of getting suckers to believe they own their hdb flats. sinkies are easily psyched and psycho'ed by higher mortals. like nk kimchis best citizens to rule over. soixante neuf.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually this holds more significance than you think. First a lot of the so called "CPF" savings are backed by the HDB property asset class.

If the govt does let leases lapse with no renewal option, then the property market will see a significant reaction.

Second, what about banks that give mortgages for such flats? If prices collapse and the banks also have no way to recover their loans they will be affected as well.

I know many people say "aiyah this thing so far down the road not my problem lah." Yeah that is the typical attitude of sinkies.

Not just HDB but also private properties with 99 year leases. Currently we see enblock at increase in plot ratio. But it will hit a limit. Then what then when no developer wants to buy since the plot ratio cannot go higher. Then how?

So sinkies are silly. Short sighted. You work so hard. "invest" in lease hold properties. It is like saying invest by renting a property then sublet? All wealth and asset can go up in smoke return to the government coffers. Who wins? Temasek wins.

banks dont have to give mortgages to flats that have a lease shorter than X amount of years,i think theres a law for that?

but hes right,this is not sinkies problem,this is many years down the road,but this is PAP's economic problem.

right now we are still in the early stages of the leases,the horizon is still far off,prices can still inflate with no regard for the long term consequences,but there is a bell curve for the market value of the HDB flats,and once we pass that critical peak,it could be 50 years old or 60,and people realise there can be no more appreciation in the hdb lease anymore,its all depreciation and downhill from there,there will be increasing momemtum to sell and cash out,the ponzi bubble will burst and the value of our hdb flats will go to hell in a handbasket and along with all their cpf.the value of hdb cannot go up infinitely its impossible,once the lease reaches less than 40 years left the value is going start going down,and the people who buy it would be reluctant to pay market price and demand a discount because their flats is going to be next to worthless in 20 years time.this would force prices down even more and set off a chain reaction.

its like a car coe,why dont u see it appreciating?

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
They should have 99 year COE category. Maybe Sinkies will be dumb enough to make that appreciate.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should have 99 year COE category. Maybe Sinkies will be dumb enough to make that appreciate.

sinkies have the golden touch. can turn the otherwise downtrodden donut guetto joint serving losers, bums and homeless in the u.s. into throngs and hordes of long lines at all times in swanky sinkie malls. can't believe sinkies can patiently line up for donuts during dinner until i see it everytime with my own eyes. there's something awfully wrong with sinkies.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
sinkies have the golden touch. can turn the otherwise downtrodden donut guetto joint serving losers, bums and homeless in the u.s. into throngs and hordes of long lines at all times in swanky sinkie malls. can't believe sinkies can patiently line up for donuts during dinner until i see it everytime with my own eyes. there's something awfully wrong with sinkies.

Food. Sinkie love to line up for food. You will hear them proudly say line up dunno how long for this and that eg some famous char kway teow or bak chor mee or chicken rice etc if the food come fast to them it is no good must wait long long then good

Same with going clinic also. Clinic long queue must be good doctor. No queue quiet clinic means lousy doctor

Same with bak kwa. Lim chee Guam wait for hours.

Stupid third world mentality.

First world people have much much better respect for their own time than to wait in a queue for food! Only homeless and beggars do that. We see queue we go elsewhere less crowded.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Food. Sinkie love to line up for food. You will hear them proudly say line up dunno how long for this and that eg some famous char kway teow or bak chor mee or chicken rice etc if the food come fast to them it is no good must wait long long then good

Sinkies are participating in the game called "Survival of the Fittest". You go to nex mall and you see those food shops without queues - these will surely close down within one year. The competition is very intense. The longest queue at nex mall is probably the sushi shop where every plate costs just S$1.50 and you have only 40 minutes eating time. Shiok! Less than the required 69 minutes for eatshindie to properly chew his food.

Same with going clinic also. Clinic long queue must be good doctor. No queue quiet clinic means lousy doctor

This one is true. The Healthway clinic at Lorong Ah Soo has no queue, the doctor sucks and they charge higher fees. The clinic over at the other block helmed by an old auntie doctor and her son has a queue, but I think she is good and she charges considerably lower than the Healthway clinic.

The best dentist I ever met was Dr Oliver Hennedige at Tanjong Katong. His clinic's queue is super long. But his tooth extraction and implantation skills is matchless in my opinion. My molar tooth extraction was almost painless and the body posture he made while extracting the tooth really got style man. Plus his charges are reasonable.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

First world people have much much better respect for their own time than to wait in a queue for food! Only homeless and beggars do that. We see queue we go elsewhere less crowded.

same with lining up for prostitutes. more uncles waiting, more reviews, more expensive mean good and worth the wait. remember the underaged teen who ensnared dozens of "upper class" sinkie clients and got them conviction and jail time? some of them forummers of sbf.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

How about wake up at 830am, go to polling center and queue for one and a half hours to vote for PAP?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.......my point is what will happen to the market value of all these hdb flats that have reached close to the end of their physical lifespans?right now most of our hdb flats are still relatively young in their 20s and 30s and 40s.what happens in 2047 when a large percentage of hdb flats are in their 40s and 50s and 60s.and their physical lifespan are even shorter......who would want to buy these junk?and if there are no buyers will the market collapse?

Good point about the market value/financial part-how about the structural/engineering part?-can those flats even last 70/80 years
As we are well aware of spalling concrete in HDB even within 3/5 years, lifts problem and now plaster/concrete slabs/façade wall collapsing from HDB.
Anyway the 70% asked for it

Last edited:

Kakamora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point about the market value/financial part-how about the structura/l engineering part?-can those flats even last 70/80 years
As we are well aware of spalling concrete in HDB even within 3/5 years, lifts problem and now plaster/concrete slabs/façade wall collapsing from HDB.
Anyway the 70% asked for it

Just walk along the older potong pasir blocks, you will be shocked by the condition of the void decks and even the original doors of the HDB units are collapsing due to weathering.