• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat True Blue 3rd-Generation Sinkie at End of Road!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Divorced 38-year-old PMET live in JB, jobless for 8 months and feeling suicidal

Post Published: 10 August 2017
Author: admin
Found in section: Latest Articles
Hi Gilbert,

I truly need help I am feeling suicidal at times. My life has been a challenge since the beginning of my life. I try to get pass through by trying to compare myself to the less fortunate. I do not know how much longer I can hold on. I hope we can meet up and talk.

I also hope you can publish the following at your site. Hopefully, there would be some like-minded readers who can provide some insight about my situation. If you can, please edit it for me.

I am just stating facts and grieves of my life, if you want to be critical, please step out of your comfort zone and reply at a logical level. I am a true-blue Singaporean with roots as deep as 3 generations, aged 38.

While in Secondary school, I started my working life sweeping the streets, literally. My single mom couldn’t afford to send me to a computer school after secondary school which was my interest. Thus, I have to work on school nights and weekends as a hotel cleaner from 11pm to 7am but that took a toll on my health and my education. Not to mention I had family issues. Unable to handle it, I dropped out of school, worked my way up slowly. After a few years of local jobs and my own business, I started my career in a multi-national company with rapid rise to management level. However, armed with only a O level cert, I could not get above $4.5k salary even though the role usually gets more, alot more.

When I tried to get a new job, I couldn’t as I was not “educated” enough. I even remember when I went for an interview with a local hiring agency, the director of the company asked me why am I getting paid $4.5k with only a O level education. Moving forward, everyone wants to negotiate my salary dependent on my previously-earned salary.

This would not happen in any other 1st world nation as they would not only look at your education only but your ability and the job role they offering as well. A culture only present in Singapore among developed nations!

To SINGAPORE HR Folks : Does it really matter, what I drew in my previous role? Would you pay me a roadsweeper’s salary if I did 6 months of sweeping the roads as I cannot get employed? Staff remuneration should be based on the fact that what role you are offering, and a competitive remuneration to ensure retention.

I stopped work so I can go after a Masters as a maturde candidate. I have passed my Masters without even taking a degree course. For those who are wondering, how? I not ashamed to say I am pretty smart (Singapore Mensa tested at 142 IQ) and anyone I know would easily tell you I have pretty high E.Q. as well. I never needed to go to school to learn these stuff, I read or learn through life experiences and pretty much grasp almost anything.

8 months have almost passed since completion of my Masters, and I still don’t have a job. I was even willing to take up non-IT roles as Condo Manager for $3k. Though I was able to impress in the interview, I was not offered a role. Only to find out later, that it was likely they were only willing to offer $2.8k for the position, which is the same they are willing to offer an inexperienced staff with diploma.

I cannot get government jobs or government-related jobs which are advertised everyday, simply because I do not fit the profiled definition of a normal candidate.

I have about $100k in the CPF unusable. I can’t afford a HDB, as I need to be employed and I cannot apply for BTO. Furthermore, I went through a divorce, I cannot get a HDB BTO home without waiting for 3 years after my divorce. I would be 39 by then, and by the time I get a home, I would be 45.

I now sit in J.B. (Malaysia) still applying for jobs in Singapore while trying to figure out if I can start out on my own. Even trying to be an entrepreneur in Singapore is difficult, I cannot afford an office location. I cannot apply for grant for entrepreneurship as I have a previous company when I started my IT business. This is restricting me from applying for a government grant under the entrepreneurship programme.

All those people who support the current political administration, please tell me what is wrong with the picture? Am I not hardworking? Am I dependent on the government to spoon feed me? Am I too demanding?

I am stressed to the extreme, though I don’t show it to people much. I still put up a fighting front, as no one likes a person who complaints too much. But it is getting to me, I needed an outlet.

I need to know that there are also people like me who seep through the gap so I don’t feel so alone.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This would not happen in any other 1st world nation as they would not only look at your education only but your ability and the job role they offering as well. A culture only present in Singapore among developed nations!

bollocks. to increase his chances of getting employed, perhaps he can stop making false assumptions and spewing fake news by living in those cuntries first, experiencing firsthand the job market there, going through various cycles of interviews, landing jobs, and working through several of them over some time. the fact that he hasn't been there and done that yet claims he knows how it works indicates a flawed character - someone any astute employer will easily pass. has he considered that perhaps it may not be his education or lack of thereof nor his not so stellar qualifications and track record but his "i know it all yet i'm not there to verify" attitude that turns employers off? in google hr speak, they would call him a "knave", and one trained hr expert can sniff him out in a few words of his application.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
bollocks. to increase his chances of getting employed, perhaps he can stop making false assumptions and spewing fake news by living in those cuntries first, experiencing firsthand the job market there, going through various cycles of interviews, landing jobs, and working through several of them over some time. the fact that he hasn't been there and done that yet claims he knows how it works indicates a flawed character - someone any astute employer will easily pass. has he considered that perhaps it may not be his education or lack of thereof nor his not so stellar qualifications and track record but his "i know it all yet i'm not there to verify" attitude that turns employers off? in google hr speak, they would call him a "knave", and one trained hr expert can sniff him out in a few words of his application.

he is probably a mat, hence his comfort in living there. and its cheaper. so his savings last longer.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
He was earning $4.5k a month in his job with "only" O level cert.

What happened to that job? He quit to do masters?

So stupid!?

Divorced. Why? Had an affair? Cheated on wife. Sometimes this has NOTHING to do with how smart or high your IQ is. It is about the way you live, carry yourself, values etc.

There is A LOT more to this story.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was earning $4.5k a month in his job with "only" O level cert.

What happened to that job? He quit to do masters?

So stupid!?

Divorced. Why? Had an affair? Cheated on wife. Sometimes this has NOTHING to do with how smart or high your IQ is. It is about the way you live, carry yourself, values etc.

There is A LOT more to this story.

his so called "masters" is highly dubious without a bs stepping stone. it's basically bs until i can verify the paper mill, i mean degree.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
and what is it with this Mensa 142 IQ thing?

I have no idea what my IQ is as I have never taken such a test. And never bother to. My IQ probably super low and I am super stoopeed. Papsmearer and RaIders can attest to that. But I make more than $4.5k leh. I also don't have masters.

This guy so smart but earn so little. I see already I feel so good.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another typical one-sided story from Gilbert, assuming the letters are real in the first place.

1) Asking previous pay is standard HR question. Since he never got an offer in the first place, how would he know that HR will only pay based on his last drawn salary? Sounds more like he didn't make the cut and hallucinated a story to massage his ego.

2) All that nonsense self-proclaimed garbage like high IQ and EQ is a sign of character and lack of self-esteem issues. All the people I know in real life who like to boast along the lines of "anyone I know would easily tell you I have pretty high E.Q. as well. I never needed to go to school to learn these stuff, I read or learn through life experiences and pretty much grasp almost anything." are usually egoistic and narcissistic problematic chaps.

3) First he bitches about how HR should pay for what the job is worth regardless of the candidate, then he turns around and bitch about how an employer was not willing to offer him a condo manager job for 3k despite him having a Masters.

4) And what's that nonsense about 2.8k being the starting salary of an inexperienced diploma holder? What is he smoking? I was not aware these day inexperienced dipolma holders go around asking for 2.8k. The most common I heard is 2k for non-technical work and 2.2k for technical jobs.

5) Guy even has the cheek to bitch about government not willing to offer him more money to be an entrepreneur "just because" he had previously taken money (grant) in a previously failed IT business. Self-entitled piece of shiit if you ask me.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Self-entitled piece of shiit if you ask me.

AYE! And this is the type of sinkie that likely votes PAP also. LOL! Probably says things like "How you expect me to vote for the opposition candidate when his/her education level cannot compare with the PAP candidate?"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have watched Gilbert after he returned from Oz and set up the charity. He made thru one audit after a complaint. You can't touch this guy.

More fake new from gibert. But don't u worry dear Shan will take care of all these fake new peddlers very soon!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should have joined the civil service,there he would have been paid and promoted according to his wildest dreams and what he feels he deserves and not a single cent below his dignity.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should have joined the civil service,there he would have been paid and promoted according to his wildest dreams and what he feels he deserves and not a single cent below his dignity.

he can try applying for this job as it pays usd696k x 2 per year. but i think it's fake news.

http://www.todayonline.com/chinaind...lds-largest-telescope-china-therere-no-takers

IMG_0047.JPG

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
and what is it with this Mensa 142 IQ thing?

I have no idea what my IQ is as I have never taken such a test. And never bother to. My IQ probably super low and I am super stoopeed. Papsmearer and RaIders can attest to that. But I make more than $4.5k leh. I also don't have masters.

This guy so smart but earn so little. I see already I feel so good.

Sometimes, a 75 IQ jackass can get lucky too and make money.