• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Halimah Not Running For Presidency?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Halimah is not cut out to be the next President. She is pushed into it. How can someone do a job well when she is reluctant and does not have the personal conviction that she wants the job and is confident of doing it well?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
You talk as if you are Halimah. Pisang.

I sense that halimah is in a dilemma. It is not in her to renounce her race nor be a 100% running dog.

But she has sold her soul to pap.

So what shd she do now??

That's the dilemma most pap ministers face when they decided to sell their souls to the devil.

Look at what happened to MBT, NEH, VB, GKY, LHK, RL.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Halimah is not cut out to be the next President. She is pushed into it. How can someone do a job well when she is reluctant and does not have the personal conviction that she wants the job and is confident of doing it well?

absolutely agree. so i am expecting halimah to wake up from her slumber soon, come to her senses and say no to the EP

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

I heard many of her family members and friends have advised her not to stand for the EP.

Even if she stands and win in an undemocratic and unmeritorious EP election, does halimah cherish going through what SRN and TT did and be the butt of the jokes?

what kind of percentage wld she get? what kind of snide remarks wld the indian community pass on her? how will Singaporeans receive her as the 'officiall" Elected Singapore President? These are the some of the cruel truths she will ahve to face for the rest of her life?

Why not remain dignified as Speaker of Parliament and be more respected by Singaporeans rather than be a scorned President who gets less than 50% in a rigged election??

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tony Tan is regretting big time for being the big time PAP endorsed candidate but who can only managed 35% of the popular votes. This is such a blemish on him.

Does halimah want to go the TT route? or stay as Speaker?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
In today's ST advertisement this pundek was addressed as Dr Halimah Yacob... what was the name of her thesis, which U ???
No respectable politician should allowed herself to be addressed such when the honorific was not earned by formal study... much like another pundek called Nishi who used her MBA gotten from SPU - a non existent university of Southern Pacific.

Why these pple stooped so low? Dun know how to study but want the glory!! Pui pui pui. How can you ever represent all sgian? Your relatives are even ashamed of you

Humplimah was conferred an honorary Dr. Of Laws by NUS ok, so donch pray pray. NUS say she can call herself Doctored. U better pray balls ok?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I heard many of her family members and friends have advised her not to stand for the EP.

Even if she stands and win in an undemocratic and unmeritorious EP election, does halimah cherish going through what SRN and TT did and be the butt of the jokes?

what kind of percentage wld she get? what kind of snide remarks wld the indian community pass on her? how will Singaporeans receive her as the 'officiall" Elected Singapore President? These are the some of the cruel truths she will ahve to face for the rest of her life?

Why not remain dignified as Speaker of Parliament and be more respected by Singaporeans rather than be a scorned President who gets less than 50% in a rigged election??

Bullshit lah. For $4.3 million a year, she will cross the floor of the Parliament, get down on her knees and suck Tharm's uncircumcised lancheow in the middle of a parliamentary session.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bullshit lah. For $4.3 million a year, she will cross the floor of the Parliament, get down on her knees and suck Tharm's uncircumcised lancheow in the middle of a parliamentary session.

Yes, SRN, TT did that. Let us see whether halimah is any different.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Initially Halimah thought that being nominated by LHL and being elected President of Singapore is a honour she would cherish and desire. But the huge public outcry by Singaporeans over the manipulated Reserved Presidency and abt an Indian who is desperate enough to renounce her race just to be President drums some reason into her mind. Now Halimah is in two minds. Be President and be forever despised or be an MP and regain some dignity and respect.

To stand or not to stand? That's Halimah's dilemma

I sense that she will make the honourable choice and decline to stand

Dont assume lah. Not everyone hardup of such post. How u know Halimah hardup for presidency post? Maybe 2nd chance boss cos he applied for it.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
All sinkies should be like halimah who is of immigrant stock but followed malay cystom and traditions. Like baba and nyonyas.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont assume lah. Not everyone hardup of such post. How u know Halimah hardup for presidency post? Maybe 2nd chance boss cos he applied for it.

halimah will make an announcement soon whether she is gg to run. Be patient, you will be able to know whether she is hardup or not

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
halimah will make an announcement soon whether she is gg to run. Be patient, you will be able to know whether she is hardup or not

Whether she accept it or not its really non of my concern. Bread and butter issue more important to me. Now even if she agree to accept it, she would probably be an unwilling President, imo.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether she accept it or not its really non of my concern. Bread and butter issue more important to me. Now even if she agree to accept it, she would probably be an unwilling President, imo.

of course bread and butter issues are important. They are basic and fundamental issues. But as we mature as a country and a people, issues such as manipulated Presidency and rigged elections are important too. If we dont care abt these higher order issues now, a day will come when bread and butter issues will get worse.

Have you heard of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
of course bread and butter issues are important. They are basic and fundamental issues. But as we mature as a country and a people, issues as manipulated Presidency and rigged elections are important too. If we dont care abt these higher order issues now, a day will come when bread and butter issues will get worse.

Have you heard of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs?

Very simple. Who hold the power? President or PM? Very obvious right. So whether teres a EP or not it really got nothing to do with me. Will it affect ur future, career, family etc?