• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAS appoints ex East German spy and informant as national coach?

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
so why do u even bother who they appoint?
and you have not answer my question on how it is going to help the team by slating the coach off even before he starts ?

Today I don't even watch the live telecast when the foreign legionnaires play against another country for a cup final. So this make me a fair weather fan? I think FAS is a fair weather team!

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
yea mate, strange appointment maybe
however slating him off even before he starts work is a whole different story.
that guy has been involved in the sport for more than 40 years.
surely he must know something about it to last that long...

it is even more strange when someone who doesnt follow sinkie football anymore comes out and slate the coach off and then proudly claimed he isnt bothered about sinkie football.
you guys sure have a lot of fairweather fans in sinkieland, no wonder the support is at its all time low.

The appointment of Stange is Strange.

jw5

Loyal
Sinkie FAS like to ride on coattails of others success....even though no direct contribution on their part....
I coin this as the Julia Nickson/Rex Goh/Vanessa Mae syndrome.

Shit, I actually know who these people are.
Julia starred in Rambo movie.
Rex was a member of Air Supply.
Vanessa is a violinist cum pop star.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so why do u even bother who they appoint?
and you have not answer my question on how it is going to help the team by slating the coach off even before he starts ?

It bothers me because it is MY national team. And I don't like my national football team losing to the likes of Philippines again. Appointing an unsuitable manager (with dubious employment history) will increase the chances of that happening. I can't explain things more clearly than that....

So were you very proud when Tiffany, Stephanie and Dorothy(?) became the flag bearer at the Olympics and won medals for singapore?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shit, I actually know who these people are.
Julia starred in Rambo movie.
Rex was a member of Air Supply.
Vanessa is a violinist cum pop star.
yes, and the only sinkie link about them is they were born or had a sinkie parent but that's about it.....but pap govt likes to bask in their glory machiam they had a hand in their success.

jw5

Loyal
yes, and the only sinkie link about them is they were born or had a sinkie parent but that's about it.....but pap govt likes to bask in their glory machiam they had a hand in their success.

Former England footballer Terry Butcher and current manager of scottish club Inverness CT was born in S'pore.
10 years younger than Stange too.
They should have appointed him and claimed he is a homegrown talent. :biggrin:

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
mate, make up your mind what it is that you want..
u can't just say you are bothered about them losing to a pino team and then claim that they dont even bothered to watch them..

dubious employement history u claimed?
like i said, look at his on-field employment record.
he has been involved in the sport for more than 40 years.
surely he knows a thing or 2 about football.

and for the third time, tell me how does slating him off even before he starts is gonna help?

It bothers me because it is MY national team. And I don't like my national football team losing to the likes of Philippines again. Appointing an unsuitable manager (with dubious employment history) will increase the chances of that happening. I can't explain things more clearly than that....

So were you very proud when Tiffany, Stephanie and Dorothy(?) became the flag bearer at the Olympics and won medals for singapore?

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
sorry mate, judging from the response here, butcher wont be good enough

Terry Butcher - Teams managed
1990–1992 Coventry City
1993 Sunderland
2002–2006 Motherwell
2006–2007 Sydney FC
2007 Brentford
2009– Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Bernd Stange - Teams managed
1970–1971 Carl Zeiss Jena (youth team)
1971–1976 Carl Zeiss Jena (assistant)
1976–1978 Carl Zeiss Jena
1978–1980 East Germany U21
1980–1982 East Germany (assistant)
1982–1984 East Germany (Olympic)
1984–1988 East Germany
1988–1991 Carl Zeiss Jena
1991–1992 Hertha BSC
1993–1994 VfB Leipzig
1995–1996 Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
1996–1997 CSKA Kiev
1997–1998 Carl Zeiss Jena
1998–2001 Perth Glory
2001 Oman
2002–2004 Iraq
2005–2007 Apollon Limassol
2007–2011 Belarus
2013-Present Singapore

Former England footballer Terry Butcher and current manager of scottish club Inverness CT was born in S'pore.
10 years younger than Stange too.
They should have appointed him and claimed he is a homegrown talent. :biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mate, make up your mind what it is that you want..
u can't just say you are bothered about them losing to a pino team and then claim that they dont even bothered to watch them..

Why not? Being a supporter and being disappointed by your team are not mutually exclusive events. Any Liverpool fan since the 80s knows what I'm talking about.

dubious employement history u claimed?
like i said, look at his on-field employment record.
he has been involved in the sport for more than 40 years.
surely he knows a thing or 2 about football.

and for the third time, tell me how does slating him off even before he starts is gonna help?

Fact 1: He was a Cold War informant who was paid by the secret police to report on his own players
Fact 2: He was willing to coach the national team under the Sadam's Ba'ath party regime when all guns were pointing towards Iraq.

These 2 achievements reek of wild risk taking and poor judgement of character.

I'm fine with 40 years of coaching experience. But how many accolades has he gathered? "Qualification into the second round" deemed an achievement? Also note the number of clubs he's been with since East Germany -- he averages 2 years per stint.

I'm not here to 'help' anyone. I am not a blind supporter who goes "rah rah" when a single match has yet been won. And looking at this guy's credentials, I'm pessimistic about his chances of ever reversing the decline of our football scene.

jw5

Loyal
sorry mate, judging from the response here, butcher wont be good enough

Terry Butcher - Teams managed
1990–1992 Coventry City
1993 Sunderland

Bernd Stange - Teams managed
1998–2001 Perth Glory
2001 Oman
2002–2004 Iraq
2005–2007 Apollon Limassol
2007–2011 Belarus
2013-Present Singapore

Thanks for the info sexy one, I had totally forgotten Butcher once managed Sunderland.

But that Perth Glory Stint for Stange, hmmmmmmmmm.............................. :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks jw, how come my post go salah thread.

ok my 2 baht. manager and trainer all important. but players even more important cos they are.the one fighting the war.

how come sinkee team is dominated by malays arh? last time maybe have a few outstanding malay players but now how? i say put in more sinkee chinese and indian. maybe we will see some improvements. indians sibeh ho run one leh. why restrict to a team of malay dominated players?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we used to have a very very team. loca indian manager some more. its the player lah.

lets bring back the kallang roar!!!!

jw5

Loyal

ok my 2 baht. manager and trainer all important. but players even more important cos they are.the one fighting the war.

how come sinkee team is dominated by malays arh? last time maybe have a few outstanding malay players but now how? i say put in more sinkee chinese and indian. maybe we will see some improvements. indians sibeh ho run one leh. why restrict to a team of malay dominated players?

There's one very good player in the current S'pore set up, a Malay guy called Hariss Harun.
Very composed on the ball, good energy in midfield, very aware of what's going on, i.e. very intelligent player.
He speaks very well too, saw him being interviewed a couple of times on tv, imo sure to be a future S'pore team captain.

He's so good that Shebby Singh, global advisor of Blackburn Rovers, :rolleyes: wanted to bring him over to England for a stint with the club.
Ok, this may not be a plus for him for some of you football critics, but he's still a really good player. :biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good point.. My guess is maybe we Chinese don't really want a career in football.. Back then in the 90s during my school days, I was selected to go for trials at Farrer Park field for the then Milo football Academy.. I diligently went for training every weekend for 3 straight months.. As a boy all of us dreamt of playing for S'pore in the Malaysia Cup and stepping foot on the famous Kallang Stadium pitch..

In our group there were quite a number of Chinese boys from other schools too.. 4 Chinese boys in my cohort were selected for the Spore Lions City Squad for that year's tournament..

As for me, one Mat friend intro me to Fire Disco tea dance on a Saturday afternoon and I lost interest after that in going for my football training.. The rest as they say is History..:biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
frankly, i prefer someone who went through thick and thin with sinkees. why not fandi? why not sundram?why ang moh har? i sianz.

Fandi tulan with FAS for many reasons.. So he's out of their selection.. Only hope is with Sundram.. But they just want Sundram to concentrate on the Malaysia Cup squad..