• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

villan33

Take good care man. I am planning to move to Palazio at Mount Austin. Anyone renting out or any experience?

i have a high floor unit fully furnished just renovated that is available for rent at rm1200. has a double pool view, unblocked jb city/singapore views and balcony. palazio has full facilities and is in good location near aeon tebrau city, tesco, sunway college and sultan ismail hospital. u can contact me at 60197794328 if u r interested and i can whatsapp you the pictures.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
have several offers anything from 800-1000rm. for a studio. I need to pull out some time to meet the agents next week. But im already all packed up. Just hope to see other options and meet others staying there

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
does anyone know if there is any requirement to open a bank account in malaysia? Will our government be able to know if you have one?

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would appreciate it if any one can advise whether bringing carpet over to M'sia is subjected to import duty. Thanks.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks bro. so how are you coping? Still having money in our banks? How much do they charge you if you draw money from our banks over there?

etmusic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you only need your passport to open an acc with may bank in Malaysia. I have an acc with them and I don't have an address in Malaysia. That's 2 years ago.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
For foreigners, Maybank can open only for (1) work/employment permit holders and/or (2) Malaysia property with Maybank loan.
This is the general rule, not sure if there are exceptions. Made a wasted Sat trip to Maybank. Asked to return and try on weekdays.

CIMB or UOB may allow Singaporeans to open account. Anyone else can confirm? Also trying to figure out as someone I know need to cash in a Malaysian cheque.

does anyone know if there is any requirement to open a bank account in malaysia? Will our government be able to know if you have one?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I opened one, under RHB recently. No issues. Only thing is now for all the banks, we cannot use the CDM to put in cash but cheques etc ok. Must use counter service.

chewlwb

Alfrescian
Loyal
For foreigners, Maybank can open only for (1) work/employment permit holders and/or (2) Malaysia property with Maybank loan.
This is the general rule, not sure if there are exceptions. Made a wasted Sat trip to Maybank. Asked to return and try on weekdays.

CIMB or UOB may allow Singaporeans to open account. Anyone else can confirm? Also trying to figure out as someone I know need to cash in a Malaysian cheque.

I applied leave on a weekday also to try to open a Malaysian bank acct. Wasted trip.

I got the same response from Maybank as you: only open bank acct for Singaporeans if a) got Malaysian work permit, or b) got Malaysian address. Then, I tried CIMB. The staff said they open for Singaporeans only if a) have Malaysian address, or b) get Malaysian housing loan from them.

Crept

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can try heong leong too.. They do provide singapore to open account. Just need passport.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
i heard stan chart also. thanks everyone for the options. BUt i probably wont choose sinkie bank. Whats the point of leaving otherwise?

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I opened a bank account with cimb recently. They only need your passport, ic and a msian address. Maybank rejected me cos I must be working and staying in msia. I am not working.

chewlwb

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can try heong leong too.. They do provide singapore to open account. Just need passport.

Thanks Crept.

I went down today to try the Hong Leong Bank at Bt Indah. You're right. They only required my SG passport to open account. No need for MY address, MY phone number or apply housing loan. SG address and SG phone number accepted. Minimum sum of MYR 350 to open and you get Internet banking, visa debit card and cheque book. Excellent and polite service too!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
MERCER 2017
QUALITY OF LIVING RANKINGS

Rank City Country

25 Singapore Singapore
60 Osaka Japan
63 Nagoya Japan
71 Hong Kong Hong Kong
76 Seoul South Korea
85 Taipei Taiwan