• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How To Check If Your Maid Has Been Radicalized?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My method is simple; if she won't eat pork, ask too much questions about halal, she's been radicalized. Maid is maid, she don't have the privilege to ask too much questions about the halal-ness of the food. Not happy, can always go back home or go back to the agency. John Tan won't stop her.

I used to have an indon maid. She was friendly and hardworking. She ate whatever we ate, not our scraps but warm food from our portions. Sometimes she ate with us, sometimes she ate before us, but never after us. It is not polite to serve people leftover scraps, even if she is a maid. But we had a rule; my family is not muslim, so even though the maid stays with us, we are not going to alter our habits to suit her. It also applies if the maid is a vegan. We eat pork, we serve pork at our meals. She is expected to prepare pork dishes when we buy fresh pork from the market.

The maid quite enjoyed our pork dishes. She didn't give us trouble throughout her employment and from the way she ate and looked happy with us, it is quite easy to tell that during that period, she wasn't radicalized. I can't vouch for her behaviour now, after she returned to Indonesia. Her no-pork diet and the widespread beliefs of intolerance there may have warped her simple mind since.

Singaporeans have been urged to bring to the attention of the authorities any family member or friend they suspect of being radicalised or planning terror activities.

But what about domestic helpers? We need to be concerned about them too. A recent report has stated that there have been nine cases of radicalised maids detected here since 2015 (Two new cases of radicalised maids in S'pore; July 5).

Family members and close friends are in the best position to notice signs of radicalisation within their circle.

But how would employers do so with their maids, given that most maids are engaged to look after either the elderly or young children while the employers are at work?

All the maids in the report were radicalised through social media.

Given that most maids today possess smartphones, would employers have the right to check those devices for signs of radicalisation or extremism?

Some tips from the authorities on how and what employers can do would be helpful.

Priscilla Poh Beng Hoon (Ms)

http://www.straitstimes.com/forum/letters-in-print/how-to-spot-signs-of-radicalisation-in-maids

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U better screen her emails and fb usuage,she might have sent the coordinates of ur house to ISIS.

Between regardless of ur family's habits,u are an employer,u are obliged to look after ur employees rights.i don't care if u have to serve her Maggi mee goreng

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
John y dont u tell tat straight to spore Mufti?

You can tell the mufti for me. The muslims least likely to radicalize are those who eat pork, drink or have become ex-muslims. Period.

I know of such muslims or ex-muslims, and they are usually nice people - sociable, helpful and friendly.

I also know of some devout muslims. Many of them often tend to be more quiet, resentful of non-Muslims and often go around with a chip on their shoulder. They blame ISIS and al qaeda and most problems on everyone else except on muslims. They get angry when muslims are killed but stay silent, indifferent or even happy when muslim mobs rampage through churches, temples and slaughter non-muslims. Those sort of muslims are usually already ISIS supporters within the legal boundaries. Not sure when they will actually go take up arms for ISIS or some other terror outfit.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can tell the mufti for me. The muslims least likely to radicalize are those who eat pork, drink or have become ex-muslims. Period.

I know of such muslims or ex-muslims, and they are usually nice people - sociable, helpful and friendly.

I also know of some devout muslims. Many of them often tend to be more quiet, resentful of non-Muslims and often go around with a chip on their shoulder. They blame ISIS and al qaeda and most problems on everyone else except on muslims. They get angry when muslims are killed but stay silent, indifferent or even happy when muslim mobs rampage through churches, temples and slaughter non-muslims. Those sort of muslims are usually already ISIS supporters within the legal boundaries. Not sure when they will actually go take up arms for ISIS or some other terror outfit.

Then u shld go rpt to rhe authority those u mentioned above.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So basically what u are saying is most non Muslims are corrupt and sinners?they need various substance of abuse in order to compensate for the lack of spirituality and morality in their lives?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Then u shld go rpt to rhe authority those u mentioned above.

If they don't stir shit here, I generally close one eye.

I am the sort of boss who don't mind ordering a couple of halal meals for my mozzie serfs, but I will not permit a situation during corporate functions where everyone is forced to eat halal just to accommodate a handful of mozzies. I don't make such leeway for vegans, I will not make such leeway for mozzies either.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they don't stir shit here, I generally close one eye.

I am the sort of boss who don't mind ordering a couple of halal meals for my mozzie serfs, but I will not permit a situation during corporate functions where everyone is forced to eat halal just to accommodate a handful of mozzies. I don't make such leeway for vegans, I will not make such leeway for mozzies either.

Dont invite muslims. Better still dont employ muslims too

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dont invite muslims. Better still dont employ muslims too

I am not muslim. I am an equal opportunity towkay. As long as you can work well in a team, can contribute to our profitability, you will be hired regardless your race and religion. I am not muslim. :smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not muslim. I am an equal opportunity towkay. As long as you can work well in a team, can contribute to our profitability, you will be hired regardless your race and religion. I am not muslim. :smile:

Talk cock lah u. To u all practising muslims r terrorists. Look at all ur post dumbass

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Offer to send her to Syria and join ISIS. If she accepts she is radicalized. So simple.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Talk cock lah u. To u all practising muslims r terrorists. Look at all ur post dumbass

To me, only a small fraction of muslims are actual terrorists like ISIS or al qaeda. But most practising muslims give either moral support or are sympathetic to islamic terrorists. Big difference.

Look at the photos below. I don't think I am too far from the truth. Your posts also convince me that I am very likely to be correct.

2016_12_02_16987_1480637866._large.jpg

indonesia-blasphemy-1.jpg.size.custom.crop.850x574.jpg

Last edited:

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
If on your maid day (if you give any), she suddenly wears a black hijab or nijab, report to your maid agency. Forget mufti, as an infidel it is rather awkward to step into the holy mufti office to provide evidences. Or if she has a bangalah boy friend, check for his signs like long beard or over pious.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To me, only a small fraction of muslims are actual terrorists like ISIS or al qaeda. But most practising muslims give moral support to terrorists. Big difference.

Look at the photos below. I don't think I am too far from the truth. Your posts also convince me that I am very likely to be correct.

2016_12_02_16987_1480637866._large.jpg

indonesia-blasphemy-1.jpg.size.custom.crop.850x574.jpg

Only dumbass like u know nothing abt indon politics.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you ever cross sword with any forummer who would get extremely upset and unhappy when a single rohingya muslim is killed even though he is non-related in any way, report him to boss Sam sir! This is the sign of over brainwashed and extremism.