• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How much grab/uber driver earn per month?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think your number not correct
I spoke to a grab driver today, he told me on average he drive 6-7 hour and one day can earn 100
After deduct the commission and petrol
As the car is owned by himself.
So if the driver rent the car , then how much they earn!?
Left peanut

Then why still so many go to drive?

I pengz steeling getting better n better. Less than few hrs. Can pengz this amt. Dun drive hard ; drive smart.:p v fun!

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Beemer owner needs to use lunch hour to earn few extra bucks. Might as well dun drive. Sia suay.

I'm one of those driving a new g30 and sometimes pick up hitch passengers when coming/going to work. Makes me quite envious of single men these days. The amount of hotties hitching from east to mbfc every day is insane.. Anyway it feels more green, feels charitable, once in a while get intense conversations... not everything is money... Of course the flipside is sometimes would pick up hopeless milennials with 0 social etiquette who plonk themselves at the back and play phone throughout with earphones on

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am begining to wonder if private hire drivers are aware that they can make these claims. The challange is apportioning the expenses between generating income and using it for private use. Nowdays if you operate your consultancy or business from your HDB, you make tax deductible claims based on rent proxy for using a room within the flat. In the past HDB did allow HDB flat to used at all so the tax authorities will not allow it. Now they do. But not many are aware of this.

I suspect the same with private hire drivers.

UG drivers are treated differently from taxi drivers by our tax authority.

Taxi drivers everything also can claim. Diesel, rental, even car wash also can claim. No such luck with UG drivers.

One reason could be that taxi cos. pay a taxi license fee to our gov. UG tout their biz as a app for mobile, and do not pay any license fees to gov. Of course, there could be other reasons as well.

The other difference btw taxi drivers and UG drivers is when the car is involved in a accident. Taxi drivers max. outlay is $1,000 (this one hearsay only). UG drivers, if rental, the outlay could be $4,280, if it is the UG driver fault. Worst still, some rental companies like LCR (Uber rental arm) will continue to charge you rental when the car is under repair at the workshop. For own car, commercial insurance excess will be very high (close to 4k).

Gigo88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am begining to wonder if private hire drivers are aware that they can make these claims. The challange is apportioning the expenses between generating income and using it for private use. Nowdays if you operate your consultancy or business from your HDB, you make tax deductible claims based on rent proxy for using a room within the flat. In the past HDB did allow HDB flat to used at all so the tax authorities will not allow it. Now they do. But not many are aware of this.

I suspect the same with private hire drivers.

Scroobal,

IRAS reason for not allowing deductions on rental, petrol etc. is because it is difficult to determine the amount of time each driver spent on driving UG, hence difficult to appropriate the cost. However, this can be easily solved by allowing a certain % of gross income as costs. Say you earned 30k from UG, and allow to deduct 30% as costs, hence, nett income will be 21k.

That's why I try to limit my income to about 50k per year, and try not to cross too much into 7% tax bracket. Cost as a % of income for UG should be about 40 - 50%. Paying 7% on gross income is similar to 14% on nett income (if costs constitute 50%).

Not to forget that most UG cars are running on petrol. The tax we pay on the petrol, is then taxed again as part of our income. Double taxation.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In ozland, they use a log book or can use accounting software to account for business use...
the things associated with running an UBER or Grab car is tax,,,fuel, gst, erp and all that BS are tax,,,and please after all this,,,the driver if work 7 days a week might get 4k a month after expenses..4 K a month and pay tax,,,that is BS,,,singkieland prides itself on low direct taxation,,,so why even bother to tax these ride sharing drivers? after all their expenses have high taxes,,,,not like they are earning 10k per month after expenses,,,there is no way a ride sharing driver can siam their expenses,,,like they cannot don't buy fuel,,,cannot don't use road,,,

Scroobal,

IRAS reason for not allowing deductions on rental, petrol etc. is because it is difficult to determine the amount of time each driver spent on driving UG, hence difficult to appropriate the cost. However, this can be easily solved by allowing a certain % of gross income as costs. Say you earned 30k from UG, and allow to deduct 30% as costs, hence, nett income will be 21k.

That's why I try to limit my income to about 50k per year, and try not to cross too much into 7% tax bracket. Cost as a % of income for UG should be about 40 - 50%. Paying 7% on gross income is similar to 14% on nett income (if costs constitute 50%).

Not to forget that most UG cars are running on petrol. The tax we pay on the petrol, is then taxed again as part of our income. Double taxation.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm one of those driving a new g30 and sometimes pick up hitch passengers when coming/going to work. Makes me quite envious of single men these days. The amount of hotties hitching from east to mbfc every day is insane.. Anyway it feels more green, feels charitable, once in a while get intense conversations... not everything is money... Of course the flipside is sometimes would pick up hopeless milennials with 0 social etiquette who plonk themselves at the back and play phone throughout with earphones on

You talk cock la.
Grabhitch passengers sit in front seat not back.
Machiam like car pool and good for those who wants supplement income for that expensive car but dun wan others to know....like giving friends a ride. But with the new decal thingy.....pitchar lobang already

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro for patiently explaining this. There is a lot of flux not just here but around the world. I guess it will take sometime to get this right for all parties.

Scroobal,

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you.

In ozland, they use a log book or can use accounting software to account for business use...
the things associated with running an UBER or Grab car is tax,,,fuel, gst, erp and all that BS are tax,,,and please after all this,,,the driver if work 7 days a week might get 4k a month after expenses..4 K a month and pay tax,,,that is BS,,,singkieland prides itself on low direct taxation,,,so why even bother to tax these ride sharing drivers? after all their expenses have high taxes,,,,not like they are earning 10k per month after expenses,,,there is no way a ride sharing driver can siam their expenses,,,like they cannot don't buy fuel,,,cannot don't use road,,,

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You talk cock la.
Grabhitch passengers sit in front seat not back.
Machiam like car pool and good for those who wants supplement income for that expensive car but dun wan others to know....like giving friends a ride. But with the new decal thingy.....pitchar lobang already

Riders always want cheapest option. First hitch/pool then the other options.
If they insist sit behind what can person giving lift do, except take note and avoid in future.

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sit in front,sit behind,paste decal who cares?

Situation in Singapore and world-wide so bad as long as making an honest living to feed family and send kids to school who cares...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Riders always want cheapest option. First hitch/pool then the other options.
If they insist sit behind what can person giving lift do, except take note and avoid in future.
He can refuse la.
Sit infront or behind might be no issue to some.
But for someone who drive hitch means he want face a lot and won't be caught dead looking like an Ahmad.
Now with the proliferation of private hire cars. I've banned my family and maid from siting behind when front passenger seat is vacant. Only exception is the family dog. I dun want to be mistaken as a UG driver

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sit in front,sit behind,paste decal who cares?

Situation in Singapore and world-wide so bad as long as making an honest living to feed family and send kids to school who cares...

Feed family must see eat in food court or restaurant. Kids must see go elite or Neighbourhood schools. Such is the culture in sg.
Imagine if you UG driver queuing up to pick up your kids from school along with the other parents.....they see the decal thot your kids booked uber.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

If u can do hitch until 六親不認! Then u will become hitch 神.
Me Zoom...drop bye bye then see see ewallet.:o:p

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can refuse la.
Sit infront or behind might be no issue to some.
But for someone who drive hitch means he want face a lot and won't be caught dead looking like an Ahmad.
Now with the proliferation of private hire cars. I've banned my family and maid from siting behind when front passenger seat is vacant. Only exception is the family dog. I dun want to be mistaken as a UG driver

asian people and their 'face' :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are hitch driver, you prefer your passenger sit behind or in front?

if passenger is sweet looking female with short skirt sit behind, preferrably in middle. if auntie ah soh looking sit in front. if butch looking with sinkie scowl lie in trunk.