• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interesting places around Shanghai ... anybody ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
True. Suzhou and Hangzhou are the Paradise on Earth. The girls are pretty but I was told that many pretty ones have moved to Shanghai, a bigger city. You should know since you were there for one year.

I'm not sure about SZ & HZ pretty gals moving into Shanghai. Anyway SH, SZ, HZ speaks almost the same language. They all could understand each other is one speaks own language. One thing I very sure is SZ and HZ gals are more gentle gals in China not just compare to SH gals.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
西湖 is vastly over-rated. i dont find it nice or scenic at all. but if you are already at hangzhou then might as well look see look see.

To fully appreciate the scenery you must read up or listen to the stories behind each scenic spot.

I personally believe West Lake is very beautiful all year round if only there are no Chinese people. Been there many time and the thing that spolis it is really the Chinese tourists. The whole place will be packed with people and some are very rude and uncultured. I understand this Friday when I am there it'll be pack because its weekend and close to CNY.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
joetys said:
I'm not sure about SZ & HZ pretty gals moving into Shanghai. Anyway SH, SZ, HZ speaks almost the same language. They all could understand each other is one speaks own language. One thing I very sure is SZ and HZ gals are more gentle gals in China not just compare to SH gals.

One thing I find hard to explain. Why are Shanghai guys afraid of their ladies? Looks like the guys do all the housework and the gals just enjoy life.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
One thing I find hard to explain. Why are Shanghai guys afraid of their ladies? Looks like the guys do all the housework and the gals just enjoy life.

I also wonder why and its true. But my Shanghainese wife is ok leh, lucky for me? I guess it always comes down to the men la.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Shanghai guys are pussy whipped. Kia bor to the extreme.

I used to work with a man from Shanghai. Nice guy, humble and he knows his job well.

He was married, and his wife was in Shanghai. One day he brought his wife to Singapore. Took her to the various tourist destinations. He wanted to bring his wife over to stay with him.

She said 'No thanks.' and went back to Shanghai. He was disappointed but couldn't do anything.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Clone said:
龙井 is good stuff.

I like to smell tea, I love the aroma of 龙井.

Yeah dining by 西湖 having 东坡肉 is quite something. :wink:

Tea can even be eaten dry.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... One day he brought his wife to Singapore. Took her to the various tourist destinations. He wanted to bring his wife over to stay with him.

She said 'No thanks.' and went back to Shanghai ...
sinkieland where got fite wif ze bund ...

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
joetys said:
No no way. It's a small little 佳家汤包。

I was taken to a 饺子 restaurant once in Pudong called the 新梅陇镇。They served 108 types of 饺子。 Could not find it anymore. Anyone can help?

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You have just help me set my next target :biggrin:

So far, I have only tried (not counting chickens) Shenyang, Shandong, Hubei, Hebei, Fujian, Shanxi, Anhui. :biggrin:

hi there

1. bro, just be careful!
2. any chick will declare itself as some suzhou chick knowing that you are hunting for one.
3. honest, they are plenty fake suzhou gals hovering downtown or in sip.
4. if you are loaded, even a mongolian gal can instantly turn into a suzhou gal.
5. trust me, i am in & out chineyland very very frequently.
6. pus there! don't mess around!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I was taken to a 饺子 restaurant once in Pudong called the 新梅陇镇。They served 108 types of 饺子。 Could not find it anymore. Anyone can help?

I'm taking this down and find out when there.

jw5

Loyal
Can save time now la going to Hangzhou by HSR (High Speed Rail) takes only 45mins. From Hongqiao Train Station in Shanghai directly ointo Hangzhou's city center station which is very close to West Lake.

Hehehe, thanks for the update, haven't been for a few years already. :o

There's also fish cooked a special way in Hangzhou right? It's available in most of the restaurants.
West lake definitely worth going at least once.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct me if I'm wrong. General Yue Fei's temple is located @ Hangzhou ? I remember they have 2 statues of Qin Kuai and his wife kneeling outside the temple. Tourists are invited to spit on the two statues.

I'm just wondering one FINE day Sinkieland will have a similar tourist attraction @ MacRitchie Reservoir with ex-Kempetai kneeling in front of Lim Bo Seng's Memorial.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Khun Ying Pojaman said:
Correct me if I'm wrong. General Yue Fei's temple is located @ Hangzhou ? I remember they have 2 statues of Qin Kuai and his wife kneeling outside the temple. Tourists are invited to spit on the two statues.

I'm just wondering one FINE day Sinkieland will have a similar tourist attraction @ MacRitchie Reservoir with ex-Kempetai kneeling in front of Lim Bo Seng's Memorial.

You are correct regarding Yei Fei's temple.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are several Yue Fei temples in China, but the one in Hangzhou also was where Yue Fei was buried.

http://baike.baidu.com/view/120884.htm#2

58af236d8120feca4216942a.jpg

W020091229315422900236.jpg

8bc3a701e961ba32728da500.jpg

f7426d8d0f9e7523b21bba38.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok guys, here we go. On this street there are two things you need to try:

100.jpg