• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat iPhone 8 to be launch on Tuesday 12th Sep

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the original apple campus store remains at infinity loop. when it was first opened it didn't sell devices, just accessories and gifts. now it's a full fledge store. the store in the new campus is work in progress and quite spectacular. there's also a visitor center where the store will be. 9000 trees and counting, but plants not full grown yet....

I've visited the old store & bought a few souvenirs there myself. I can see the attraction of people who want to take a picture at the Apple HQ. I've got a Few photos of standing in front of the Apple HQ:biggrin:

The Apple Store at the Spore Apple factory also had a gift shop. It was run by voluntary staff & only open to Apple staff & was very popular.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've visited the old store & bought a few souvenirs there myself. I can see the attraction of people who want to take a picture at the Apple HQ. I've got a Few photos of standing in front of the Apple HQ:biggrin:

The Apple Store at the Spore Apple factory also had a gift shop. It was run by voluntary staff & only open to Apple staff & was very popular.

google also has a visitor center with a gift shop. many tiongs and gooks stop by in bus loads to get group pics and shop. all these geeks love to work at the big 3 in the valley: appl, fb, and goog.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
looking at the models....I'd say best pick is the iphone 7 after the price drops on Black Friday
8 is not much different from the 7. X is overpriced.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looking at the models....I'd say best pick is the iphone 7 after the price drops on Black Friday

looks wise yes. but upon further scrutiny the iphone 8 is all glass including the back. the only metallic surface is at the round edges, home button rim, and camera bevel. home button is still there. if you're thinking of buying an iphone 7 might as well buy an iphone 8 at usd699 for base model (64gb). sorry no 128gb model. next up is 256gb. the chipset is a11, of course more powderful than a10 on iphone 7. iphone 7 base model will only be discounted usd99. moreover, iphone 8 has location support from all 4 major satellite systems: assisted gps (u.s. navstar), glonass (russia), galileo (eu), qzss (japan). iphone 7 only has assisted gps and glonass.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
looks wise yes. but upon further scrutiny the iphone 8 is all glass including the back. the only metallic surface is at the round edges, home button rim, and camera bevel. home button is still there. if you're thinking of buying an iphone 7 might as well buy an iphone 8 at usd699 for base model (64gb). sorry no 128gb model. next up is 256gb. the chipset is a11, of course more powderful than a10 on iphone 7. 12mp camera. iphone 7 base model will only be discounted usd99.

Canada pricing difference is quite a bit. Iphone8 64GB is CAD$929 256GB CAD$1129. Iphone 7 (at the moment) 32GB CAD$739 128GB $869

I'd still go for the Iphone 7 128GB. Hopefully it can drop more by Black Friday and after the 8 is released. 128GB for below CAD$750 would be good.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Canada pricing difference is quite a bit. Iphone8 64GB is CAD$929 256GB CAD$1129. Iphone 7 (at the moment) 32GB CAD$739 128GB $869

I'd still go for the Iphone 7 128GB. Hopefully it can drop more by Black Friday and after the 8 is released. 128GB for below CAD$750 would be good.

most of us losers can only afford usd699. our own froggy tycoon can afford to buy model xxx at usd6969 for his maid. i'm envious. will retire from jaga job and sign up as froggy's manservant.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
"Apple’s iPhone X will be available on Nov 3 in Singapore, with prices starting from $1,648 (64GB, without contract) to $1,888 (256GB, without contract). Pre-orders start from Oct 27.

The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will be available on Sept 22, with prices starting from $1,148 (64GB, without contract) for iPhone 8 and from $1,308 (64GB, without contract) for iPhone 8 Plus. Pre-orders start from Sept 15."

Jeeez this is a $340 premium for an X over the 8+ for the 64GB base model. No way the maid gonna have this any time soon.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
most of us losers can only afford usd699. our own froggy tycoon can afford to buy model xxx at usd6969 for his maid. i'm envious. will retire from jaga job and sign up as froggy's manservant.

I would be his driver. I can get behind the wheel of a Lexus, an Isuzu and a Toyota.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I would be his driver. I can get behind the wheel of a Lexus, an Isuzu and a Toyota.

The Isuzu truck was gone for good, couldn't convince the wife the need for 2 trucks to prepare for the next Bangkok flood so one had to go. There was a addition to the fold when the ML was abruptly cancelled after the coup the deposit which could not be returned was used to get a Pan4, reluctantly.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Apple’s iPhone X will be available on Nov 3 in Singapore, with prices starting from $1,648 (64GB, without contract) to $1,888 (256GB, without contract). Pre-orders start from Oct 27.

The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will be available on Sept 22, with prices starting from $1,148 (64GB, without contract) for iPhone 8 and from $1,308 (64GB, without contract) for iPhone 8 Plus. Pre-orders start from Sept 15."

Jeeez this is a $340 premium for an X over the 8+ for the 64GB base model. No way the maid gonna have this any time soon.

Will you buy for retired jaga to be your manservant? :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple has made choosing an iPhone harder :(

There are just too many options available. The only model I am not considering is the iPhone X because Samsung is charging Apple plenty of $$$ for the OLED screen. I am not willing to pay both Apple & Samsung the tax.

Suspect that Apple still has to work out some of the kinks from the X because I notice that the demo did not go as smoothly with the facial unlock thingy.

As I'm not as well off as Brother Froggy I have to be more careful about $ :smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple has made choosing an iPhone harder :(

There are just too many options available. The only model I am not considering is the iPhone X because Samsung is charging Apple plenty of $$$ for the OLED screen. I am not willing to pay both Apple & Samsung the tax.

Suspect that Apple still has to work out some of the kinks from the X because I notice that the demo did not go as smoothly with the facial unlock thingy.

As I'm not as well off as Brother Froggy I have to be more careful about $ :smile:

a lot of howlian peeps will go for the x. afterall it's only usd300 difference from the 8. usd300 is nothing these days. it's like filling up premium gas once a week for 6.9 weeks. tiongbu's would sell their cheebyes and buy the x.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a lot of howlian peeps will go for the x. afterall it's only usd300 difference from the 8. usd300 is nothing these days. it's like filling up premium gas once a week for 6.9 weeks. tiongbu's would sell their cheebyes and buy the x.

For some the iPhone is going to be their only computer, so maybe they can justify spending the extra $. I actually spend more time using a desktop computer & that is why I will be getting a 27" iMac. Really need a good screen because of my poor eyesight :o

The iPhone is a replacement for an old 5s. I actually prefer carrying a lighter Nokia phone & only need an iPhone when I travel where WeChat, line, Skype,.. are useful modes of communication.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am in looking to replace my long, long gone iPhone 4s...currently I am using a cheap brand new Samsung, which is only for calls/text/whatsapp.

Before Apple Store Singapore was down for the main event...I copied down all the iPhone prices by configuration, from SE to 7 plus...I will skip the current generation of iPhone 8, it cost S$1,048.00, my budget is something below the S$900 mark. The iPhone 7 with 32GB is now $888.00 , the 128GB is now $1,048.00. Looks like I be going for the iPhone 7.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before Apple Store Singapore was down for the main event...I copied down all the iPhone prices by configuration, from SE to 7 plus...I will skip the current generation of iPhone 8, it cost S$1,048.00, my budget is something below the S$900 mark. The iPhone 7 with 32GB is now $888.00 , the 128GB is now $1,048.00. Looks like I be going for the iPhone 7.

Read that in the US the price of the iPhone SE was reduced.

Did the prices in Spore fall?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read that in the US the price of the iPhone SE was reduced.

Did the prices in Spore fall?

I did a little Research, days before the keynote address & Apple Store Singapore went off line, I copied down all the prices of the iPhones:

32GB 128GB 256GB
SE $658 $828 -
($568) ( $728)

6S $888 $1048. -
($728) ($888)

6S plus $1048 $1218
($888) ($1048)

7 $1048 $1218 $1388
($888) ($1048) ( not stated)

7 plus $1248 $1418 $1588
($1088) ($1248) ( not stated)

In brackets ( ) are prices copied just after Apple Store Singapore came back on line, just after the keynote address. The SE at $568, is pretty enticing at that price, quite fast phone but Apple are sneaky people, another one more IOS update, maybe to 12 or....they older iPhones in the series, were get 'crippled'...that is why I am looking at the iPhone 7 with 32GB at S$888, at least it is below S$1,000.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did a little Research, days before the keynote address & Apple Store Singapore went off line, I copied down all the prices of the iPhones:

32GB 128GB 256GB
SE $658 $828 -
($568) ( $728)

6S $888 $1048. -
($728) ($888)

6S plus $1048 $1218
($888) ($1048)

7 $1048 $1218 $1388
($888) ($1048) ( not stated)

7 plus $1248 $1418 $1588
($1088) ($1248) ( not stated)

In brackets ( ) are prices copied just after Apple Store Singapore came back on line, just after the keynote address. The SE at $568, is pretty enticing at that price, quite fast phone but Apple are sneaky people, another one more IOS update, maybe to 12 or....they older iPhones in the series, were get 'crippled'...that is why I am looking at the iPhone 7 with 32GB at S$888, at least it is below S$1,000.

Don't like the current format found in the Apple site because it makes it difficult to compare the prices of the many,....many iPhone models :smile:

Although the 7 prices are attractive. The features of the 8 are more future proof. Then it's only a few hundred more to upgrade to an X. It's never easy choosing an Apple product :(

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trick to prolonging the life of an iPhone is not to update the OS…Im still
on 9 and my processor runs fast as ever. Had to change battery once but that
can be done easy peasy for 25-50 bucks.

My smartphone policy viz Apple is strict….upgrade every two models…..no exceptions.
Was supposed to get 7S but held out thinking this years anniversary model 8 will be
special. Being the elitist cunts they are, Apple had to go and create a new category
for specialness…the X…while the rest of the masses get the 8.

The X has a major design flaw in that black tab on the top of the screen…it will
intrude into any video you are watching and chop the picture into two….VERY ANNOYING.

A quick glance tells me that all these phones have design modifications….and mostly are full
of gimmicks that will appeal to either the super young or super dumb.

I don't really care to send anyone an animoji or unlock a phone with my face.
I liked some of the new camera functions such as portrait lighting…very cool
but I'm not a photographer….i take pics of things i want to show someone…
like a leaky faucet, damage caused by a contractor etc. Not butterflies and waterfalls.
Being the cunts they are Apple has put the better camera in the 8S with the massive screen
which Im not a fan of.

So looks like the 8 it will be….so all i get is a faster processor, retina display and fuck all else.

Last edited: