• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Which country citizens so fortunate working​ as flight steward can buy bungalow?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canada Flight steward own single family homes, bi level, bungalows too.

I am not sure about now but last time i saw those suburbs in canada are all free standing houses aka bungalows? So everyone owns bungalows right if stay in suburbs?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I am not sure about now but last time i saw those suburbs in canada are all free standing houses aka bungalows? So everyone owns bungalows right if stay in suburbs?

http://www.crea.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/benchmark_home_definitions_for_tableau_en.pdf

I think in Singapore the definition of bungalow is if your house building has land surround it all around. Whereas if one side of house is atttached to the house next to it, then it is a Semi-D. Then if only has land front and back but both sides attached to houses next to it is called Terrace. Correct?

In Canada, if house is attached both sides is called Townhouse. If attached one side is Duplex.

Single Family and Bungalows have land surround all round. Difference is for Bungalows it is usually just main level and basement (might be walkout). No second upper storey. Popular with smaller families and retirees as the main level has the kitchen and master bedroom with ensuite bathroom.

Walk out basements are where the basement actually opens up to the yard. Has a door where you can go out to the yard. (Only underground or part underground 3 sides, One side totally open above ground) So actually it is a 3 storey house. If it is not walk out basement, then you go to the basement there is no door exit. It can have small windows close to the ceiling for light as it is all undergound 4 sides.

Suburbs have all kind of housing (Townhouse, Duplex, Condo, Single Family, Bungalow) so it has nothing to do with where you live.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.crea.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/benchmark_home_definitions_for_tableau_en.pdf

I think in Singapore the definition of bungalow is if your house building has land surround it all around. Whereas if one side of house is atttached to the house next to it, then it is a Semi-D. Then if only has land front and back but both sides attached to houses next to it is called Terrace. Correct?

In Canada, if house is attached both sides is called Townhouse. If attached one side is Duplex.

Single Family and Bungalows have land surround all round. Difference is for Bungalows it is usually just main level and basement (might be walkout). No second upper storey. Popular with smaller families and retirees as the main level has the kitchen and master bedroom with ensuite bathroom.

Walk out basements are where the basement actually opens up to the yard. Has a door where you can go out to the yard. (Only underground or part underground 3 sides, One side totally open above ground) So actually it is a 3 storey house. If it is not walk out basement, then you go to the basement there is no door exit. It can have small windows close to the ceiling for light as it is all undergound 4 sides.

Suburbs have all kind of housing (Townhouse, Duplex, Condo, Single Family, Bungalow) so it has nothing to do with where you live.

No Spore got both terrace and townhouse. The latter is like condo strata status and pay maintenance fees. I read your attachment the Canada townhouse also "pay co-ownership of maintenance fees". So sounds like the same as Spore townhouse instead of terrace. Those other types look like​ either detached or semi detached house.

jw5

Loyal
No Spore got both terrace and townhouse. The latter is like condo strata status and pay maintenance fees. I read your attachment the Canada townhouse also "pay co-ownership of maintenance fees". So sounds like the same as Spore townhouse instead of terrace. Those other types look like​ either detached or semi detached house.

He got all that from the internet. He is not in Canada. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

in north america, there's also the townhouse-condo. the original townhouse concept usually refers to homes stacked like terraces side by side along a street, with multiple stories to a house but standing on a small plot of land with little to no yard (most you get is a tiny front yard or an entry stairway bracketed with decorative shrubs). there's no common area shared with adjoining townhouses. you see them in london, sf, boston, nyc. it flourished during the victorian era. the wealthy used to live in large townhouses with servant quarters for business for themselves and school for their children but owned sprawling country estates outside of town. it was not a step-down from single family or fully detached homes. in fact, cottages (as they were known to be humble detached or single family homes) could not compare to the large and luxurious townhomes in the city. sf still has very large townhome-mansions from the victorian era. today, there's the townhouse-condo, where townhome owners live in multiple floors standing on a small plot of land (parcel) but they share the lot and common areas such as courtyard, swimming pool, tennis courts, pet area, walkways, green areas. in some cases, condo apartments without standing land are stacked in between floors or on top of part of townhomes like a tetris puzzle. the old sinkie shophouse is considered a townhome if the owner buys the 2-storey house and rents out the shop below to a business tenant and the floor above to a residential tenant.

jw5

Loyal
Oic you mean he is scroobal too?

wow you flatter me lah. Me scroobal? I dunno so much about inside scoops in the government. But I don't mind being thought of as scroobal. He is a legend.

He is in this picture. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

attachment.php

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bungalow in my definition is a tropical single storey home with yard around it. a cottage is a country home with yard around it, but it is no way a bungalow. in u.s., we don't consider a home with yard around it either a bungalow or a cottage. it's classified in realtors' lingo as a "single family home" that is fully detached. yes, nayr69 is correct, semi-d is called a duplex. and there's the four-plex and octo-plex. no 6.9 plex. when you own an octo-plex and rent out all units, a different property tax (commercial vs. residential) is invoked.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Wow jw5, I am truly flattered that you think I am scroobal! nayr69sg is scroobal! Wow!

You made my day man. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
Wow jw5, I am truly flattered that you think I am scroobal! nayr69sg is scroobal! Wow!

You made my day man. :smile:

Occasionally, I will deliberately bait your monikers so that you will praise yourself. You fall for it every time. :wink:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In Toronto, a duplex refers to a house legally zoned for two family units.
A house attached to another house on one side is referred to as a semi-detached, in Toronto.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Occasionally, I will deliberately bait your monikers so that you will praise yourself. You fall for it every time. :wink:

Thank you so much jw5! You the man. I really enjoy your how to find women soldiers thread. Very good stuff. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is in this picture. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

attachment.php

My view is he is not scroobal from the way he complained about the polyclinic system and patients with so much grievance and details. I just recalled too he mentioned before about people getting waivers​ from polyclinic and I asked him then how to go about and he did know the details.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My view is he is not scroobal from the way he complained about the polyclinic system and patients with so much grievance and details. I just recalled too he mentioned before about people getting waivers​ from polyclinic and I asked him then how to go about and he did know the details.

he's much more handsome than scroo. every female patient of his in sg wanted him to check out their chests with a stethoscope. he refrained as lack of boobs were in the way.