• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why does Lee Wei Ling feud with Brothers and SIL?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
My opinion is that this has been going on for some time. But while the Old fart was alive, they bury it among themselves. But now that he is dead, all bets are off and its in the open. LWL has been increasingly marginalized in the last few years prior to Old Fart's death. After the death of the mother Gecko. all the assets that Gecko put in a trust were administered by her brother Lee Hsien Yang. She was not made a co-executor and I don't believe she has a much of a voice in the family fortune.

When Old Fart was in the end stages, he had made known even publicly and I am sure to his daughter LWL (who is a medical doctor after all) that his Advance Directive was Do No Resuscitate. He had made it clear that he does not want to be hooked up to machines and kept alive like a vegetable. He just want to die. But the brother Gay Loong disobeyed this directive and prolong the life of Old fart for political gains to use in the elections. this must have irked LWL to no end, as the dear father's wishes were not respected. That the brother would make the father suffer further by dragging out as long as he can and thus having a poor quality of life, must have really pissed her off as a medical doctor and a daughter.

She herself also went against the spirit of the father's will by continuing to live in Oxley Rise even though the father has clearly said that he wanted the house demolished and the property sold and given to 8 charities. By continuing to live in Oxley, LWL has prevented this from happening (a clause in Old fart's will allows her to do that) and thus 8 charities who could have used the money to immediately benefit thousands of people now have to wait until she moves out. This is an extremely selfish move by her. I understand from some sources that prior to the elections, she was encouraged strongly to move out by Gay Loong, so that the house can be sold. A media campaign was designed to highlight the 8 charities and how much they benefited from this gift. the PAP was planning to use this goodwill from the sale of Oxley for the what they thought would be a hard fought and narrow elections. when LWL refused to move out, Gay Loong was pissed off, further causing a schism in the relationship between the 2 siblings. Gay Loong thought he might win less then 50% of the popular vote and the sale of Oxley and it subsequent charity donation would have ensured him of some popular votes. In the end, he did not need it as he won comfortably, but the flame of discord was further fanned.

Finally this one year death anniversary propaganda self aggrandizement and hero worship was the last straw for her. And the feud blew into the open. Anyway, that's my 2 cents on it.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
She herself also went against the spirit of the father's will by continuing to live in Oxley Rise even though the father has clearly said that he wanted the house demolished and the property sold and given to 8 charities. By continuing to live in Oxley, LWL has prevented this from happening (a clause in Old fart's will allows her to do that) and thus 8 charities who could have used the money to immediately benefit thousands of people now have to wait until she moves out. This is an extremely selfish move by her. I understand from some sources that prior to the elections, she was encouraged strongly to move out by Gay Loong, so that the house can be sold. A media campaign was designed to highlight the 8 charities and how much they benefited from this gift. the PAP was planning to use this goodwill from the sale of Oxley for the what they thought would be a hard fought and narrow elections. when LWL refused to move out, Gay Loong was pissed off, further causing a schism in the relationship between the 2 siblings. Gay Loong thought he might win less then 50% of the popular vote and the sale of Oxley and it subsequent charity donation would have ensured him of some popular votes. In the end, he did not need it as he won comfortably, but the flame of discord was further fanned.

Finally this one year death anniversary propaganda self aggrandizement and hero worship was the last straw for her. And the feud blew into the open. Anyway, that's my 2 cents on it.

She did not. See below. LKY stated that LWL can live there as she wishes.

Mr Lee Kuan Yew wrote in paragraph 7 of his will: “I further declare that it is my wish, and the wish of my late wife, KWA GEOK CHOO, that our house at 38 Oxley Road, Singapore 238629 (‘the House’) be demolished immediately after my death or, if my daughter, Wei Ling, would prefer to continue living in the original house, immediately after she moves out of the House. I would ask each of my children to ensure our wishes with respect to the demolition of the House be carried out. If our children are unable to demolish the House as a result of any changes in the law, rules or regulations binding them, it is my wish that the House never be opened to others except my children, their families and descendants. My view on this has been made public before and remains unchanged. My statement of wishes in this paragraph 7 may be publicly disclosed notwithstanding that the rest of my Will is private.”

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
My opinion is that this has been going on for some time. But while the Old fart was alive, they bury it among themselves. But now that he is dead, all bets are off and its in the open. LWL has been increasingly marginalized in the last few years prior to Old Fart's death. After the death of the mother Gecko. all the assets that Gecko put in a trust were administered by her brother Lee Hsien Yang. She was not made a co-executor and I don't believe she has a much of a voice in the family fortune.

When Old Fart was in the end stages, he had made known even publicly and I am sure to his daughter LWL (who is a medical doctor after all) that his Advance Directive was Do No Resuscitate. He had made it clear that he does not want to be hooked up to machines and kept alive like a vegetable. He just want to die. But the brother Gay Loong disobeyed this directive and prolong the life of Old fart for political gains to use in the elections. this must have irked LWL to no end, as the dear father's wishes were not respected. That the brother would make the father suffer further by dragging out as long as he can and thus having a poor quality of life, must have really pissed her off as a medical doctor and a daughter.

my guesstimate : it was distributed roughly this ratio :

lky & kgc Estate -

LHL side : 65%

LHY side : 25% &

LWL side : 10%

total : 100%

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
She did not. See below. LKY stated that LWL can live there as she wishes.

Mr Lee Kuan Yew wrote in paragraph 7 of his will: “I further declare that it is my wish, and the wish of my late wife, KWA GEOK CHOO, that our house at 38 Oxley Road, Singapore 238629 (‘the House’) be demolished immediately after my death or, if my daughter, Wei Ling, would prefer to continue living in the original house, immediately after she moves out of the House. I would ask each of my children to ensure our wishes with respect to the demolition of the House be carried out. If our children are unable to demolish the House as a result of any changes in the law, rules or regulations binding them, it is my wish that the House never be opened to others except my children, their families and descendants. My view on this has been made public before and remains unchanged. My statement of wishes in this paragraph 7 may be publicly disclosed notwithstanding that the rest of my Will is private.”

Please read it again. His will plainly says that he and his wife wants to see the house demolished immediately upon his death FIRST. That is his first preference. Or if his daughter wants to live there, she can continue to do so. This is the option. The house is to be demolished immediately after she moves out. Lets face it, LWL is a rich woman (?) and I am sure she has her pick of luxury accommodations to live in. She does not need to live in that old house. Old fart added that sentence to give face to her, but his intentions is very clear, and it is to have the house demolished ASAP if possible. And considering the proceeds of the sale was supposed to be given to 8 charities, I am sure the spirit of the will was that he hoped LWL took the hint and moved out. Otherwise, in order to prevent her from being kicked out, she was allowed to stay there.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
my guesstimate : it was distributed roughly this ratio :

lky & kgc Estate -

LHL side : 65%

LHY side : 25% &

LWL side : 10%

total : 100%

I am not surprised. There must have been a big money grab after the old fart died and Gay Loong made Whore Jinx take a sabbatical to kow tim the grab for assets. LWL was the big loser and hence is now bitter.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not surprised. There must have been a big money grab after the old fart died and Gay Loong made Whore Jinx take a sabbatical to kow tim the grab for assets. LWL was the big loser and hence is now bitter.

Dun care la.
Just enjoy the show.
Hope more exciting to come.
This could be the spark that cause the inferno

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why she didn't "spark" last year during GE?

Better late than never.
Some waiting for 70% to be enlightened
Others hope for pap splinter group / fractions to grab power
End up pap demise might come from within the familee itself hahaha lky turning in grave haha no grave all ashes.....shit smear on sole

jw5

Loyal
Where is TracyTan when you need her input?

Couple Of Points:

1. Pinky and husband are jealous that Princess praises papa better than they can. :wink:

2. Leongsam has decided not to bring TracyTan back.............. for now. :biggrin:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

This round goes to lwl. Wondered if there is a SC giving her a hand or two ? :(

Which SC could it be?

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple Of Points:

1. Pinky and husband are jealous that Princess praises papa better than they can. :wink:

2. Leongsam has decided not to bring TracyTan back.............. for now. :biggrin:

1. Pinky is luckier than the sister to have a supportive hubby. :wink:
2. Boss, which crown should ah leong tries to page back IYHO?

jw5

Loyal
1. Pinky is luckier than the sister to have a supportive hubby. :wink:
2. Boss, which crown should ah leong tries to page back IYHO?

1. Yes, and perhaps this is one of the reasons for the resentment and feud too. :wink:
2. Which crown? Do you mean which clown or clone Ah Leong should page back? :biggrin:

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Yes, and perhaps this is one of the reasons for the resentment and feud too. :wink:
2. Which crown? Do you mean which clown or clone Ah Leong should page back? :biggrin:

Not crown prince or crown princess, I mean funky tcss type of clown, not the elite type like the kar $chng who writes boring long thesis. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Not crown prince or crown princess, I mean funky tcss type of clown, not the elite type like the kar $chng who writes boring long thesis. :biggrin:

tcss type already got you and me and several others, no need to page for any more. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please read it again. His will plainly says that he and his wife wants to see the house demolished immediately upon his death FIRST. That is his first preference. Or if his daughter wants to live there, she can continue to do so. This is the option. The house is to be demolished immediately after she moves out. Lets face it, LWL is a rich woman (?) and I am sure she has her pick of luxury accommodations to live in. She does not need to live in that old house. Old fart added that sentence to give face to her, but his intentions is very clear, and it is to have the house demolished ASAP if possible. And considering the proceeds of the sale was supposed to be given to 8 charities, I am sure the spirit of the will was that he hoped LWL took the hint and moved out. Otherwise, in order to prevent her from being kicked out, she was allowed to stay there.

inadvertently due to her intransigence and eccentricism or just a spinster's stubbornness to vacate an empty old house full of fond childhood memories, she's helping to preserve the place possibly for posterity. otherwise it would have been torn down by now. i don't think she wants the house to be torn down, thus the continued occupation, and she most likely thinks she's the self-sacrificial holdout to preserve a family legacy. she will most likely wish to live in it for the rest of her life and hoping for it to stay intact as a private family shrine forever for her to haunt in. the ultimate sinkie hantu story is starting right before our very eyes. sinkies in future will thank her for singlehandedly staying put, fighting all forces against her as she hallucinates and imagines, and keeping the oxley little shop of horrors intact for future ghost busters to infiltrate and produce video documentaries with. :biggrin: