• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In memory of the Old Man - "a small development" called Nassim Jade

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
unless the law clearly stated that the Lees should not receive any discount at all for any purchases or they should clear with CAD before buyinh anything..please enlighten me if there is such a law..speed limit is common knowledge no one can claim ignorance...

Its called the Prevention of Corruption Act. Go and read it.

any gratification as an inducement to or reward for, or otherwise on account of —
(i)
any person doing or forbearing to do anything in respect of any matter or transaction whatsoever, actual or proposed; or
(ii)
any member, officer or servant of a public body doing or forbearing to do anything in respect of any matter or transaction whatsoever, actual or proposed, in which such public body is concerned,
shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $100,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or to both

Note it says any gratification. So, even a 0.5% discount is a gratification, much less the 7% discount Gay Loong and Old Fart received. This law explicitly prevents a public employee any means of gratification whatsoever. I would say a $400k discount on a luxury condo is a hell of a lot of gratification.

Last edited:

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
A simple way to look at it is if they would be offered such big discounts if they were not who they were at the point of purchase.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scrooballs you took the post from someone on sgforums but you didn't credit him for the post

It was written by weirdo80 in 19 april 2005 so more than 10 year ago

Anyway look at this

by Datok:

As a matter of fact... I knew someone who did buy a unit in Nassim Jade. She too was given the same discount as what the Lee's had...

They actually wanted her to come out and say that she too was given the same discount. But the thing was that the Lee's had their lawyers from Lee and Lee sent her the letter, but the letter was signed on their behalf by the lawyers from Lee and Lee, instead of one of the Lee's. She was pretty upset about it.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Scrooballs you took the post from someone on sgforums but you didn't credit him for the post

Anyway look at this

by Datok:

As a matter of fact... I knew someone who did buy a unit in Nassim Jade. She too was given the same discount as what the Lee's had...

They actually wanted her to come out and say that she too was given the same discount. But the thing was that the Lee's had their lawyers from Lee and Lee sent her the letter, but the letter was signed on their behalf by the lawyers from Lee and Lee, instead of one of the Lee's. She was pretty upset about it.

It does not matter. the Lees received a discount off the list price of the condos. We know this. this is not under dispute. Whether their discount is greater or lesser then any other buyers is irrelevant. The anti corruption laws are very clear on this, you cannot get something cheaper then what other people had to pay for it. They themselves admitted they did not know how much discount they receive, which is very dangerous thing for a politician to say. At the very least, they should have done due diligence to ensure they did not get a better deal not available to other buyers. The most telling point in the whole saga is that one member got a discount, then they all wanted and requested and got the discount too. If they had to pay the exact same price as everyone else, and if no discount were offered to them, would they still buy the condo? The clear answer is NO. Hence a case of corruption here.

Raider

Anyway look at this

by Datok:

wow wow wow. he kena sexposed by jah. :eek:

good one man lol:biggrin:

longdongsilver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its called the Prevention of Corruption Act. Go and read it.

any gratification as an inducement to or reward for, or otherwise on account of —
(i)
any person doing or forbearing to do anything in respect of any matter or transaction whatsoever, actual or proposed; or
(ii)
any member, officer or servant of a public body doing or forbearing to do anything in respect of any matter or transaction whatsoever, actual or proposed, in which such public body is concerned,
shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $100,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or to both

Note it says any gratification. So, even a 0.5% discount is a gratification, much less the 7% discount Gay Loong and Old Fart received. This law explicitly prevents a public employee any means of gratification whatsoever. I would say a $400k discount on a luxury condo is a hell of a lot of gratification.

i am not lawyer..but from my understanding of the wording...it simply means lao lee received discount and lao lee must provide certain reward to ah Seng for the discount received in order to be charged for corruption...so did lao lee give Ah seng good lobang prior or after the discount ? as for the word gratification- i am not sure if the discount can be considered as such..we need a lawyer...

Last edited:

longdongsilver

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does not matter. the Lees received a discount off the list price of the condos. We know this. this is not under dispute. Whether their discount is greater or lesser then any other buyers is irrelevant. The anti corruption laws are very clear on this, you cannot get something cheaper then what other people had to pay for it. They themselves admitted they did not know how much discount they receive, which is very dangerous thing for a politician to say. At the very least, they should have done due diligence to ensure they did not get a better deal not available to other buyers. The most telling point in the whole saga is that one member got a discount, then they all wanted and requested and got the discount too. If they had to pay the exact same price as everyone else, and if no discount were offered to them, would they still buy the condo? The clear answer is NO. Hence a case of corruption here.

where did the anti corruption law explicitly say that..please enlighten...just treat me like i am an idiot..:p

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/newspapers/Digitised/Article/straitstimes19690823-1.2.91.aspx

I better share the link here on Ag Supt JS Khosa's dismissal lest the CB kia kukubird cum out to accuse me of being a loose cannon.

Against all odds, after his dismissal, Khosa went to the UK to pursue his law degree and later returned to practise in the style of JS Khosa Advocates & Solicitors.

Sadly he was only in his 50's when he suffered a fatal heart attack at the S'pore Cricket Club.

Khosa was badly humiliated by LKY when he went before the Select Committee. He was a committee member of the Law Society. He never recovered from the humiliation which I believe led to his death.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
A simple way to look at it is if they would be offered such big discounts if they were not who they were at the point of purchase.

Then let the investigations commence then. I am sure the allegations would turn up negative, just like Najib. :cool:

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
where did the anti corruption law explicitly say that..please enlighten...just treat me like i am an idiot..:p
hahaha....in case u are not aware, papsmearer is mentally challenged.....
forum host has advised him to take a IQ test...
putting him in a tight spot will elicit a barrage of vulgarity coming your way....be warned...

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is how it works.

The wife was the foremost conveyancing expert in Singapore. Her clientele included the major developers and real estate agents. Any businessman with an ounce of grey matter who wants to be on inside track for a difficult project would go to Lee & Lee. She is after all a Queens Scholar, excelled in Cambridge and is married to the most powerful man in the land. You are not only getting the best brains, you also getting more than the best brains. The Commissioner of Land would tell his PA to say that he was not in when she called his office.

Were you there in the room? If not, either you were the PA or the room was bugged!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aw TS married a Japanese wife ?

house.jpg

Haw Par Villa

220px-Hu_Wenhu2.jpg

aw+boon+par.jpg

Aw Boon Par

butterforfilm--Foter--CC-BY-NC_tiger-cars_1500px.ashx

Interesting nugget I came across....

There was a story of racing rivalry of Au Boon Haw and Sultan Ibrahim of Johore. Sultan Ibrahim was a sportsman and hunter. The incident took place when the Sultan, enraged at being overtaken by Aw Boon Haw in his famous Tiger Car. Sultan Ibrahim shot at the Tiger Car on Bukit Timah Road. It was considered lese-majesté to overtake royalty even on foreign roads. Notwithstanding, the British colonial administration forbade the Sultan thereafter from visiting Singapore ever again except for purpose of going to and from the Singapore airport, then at Kallang.

Was it in that tiger car?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It does not matter. the Lees received a discount off the list price of the condos. We know this. this is not under dispute. Whether their discount is greater or lesser then any other buyers is irrelevant. The anti corruption laws are very clear on this, you cannot get something cheaper then what other people had to pay for it. They themselves admitted they did not know how much discount they receive,
which is very dangerous thing for a politician to say. At the very least, they should have done due diligence to ensure they did not get a better deal not available to other buyers. The most telling point in the whole
saga is that one member got a discount, then they all wanted and requested and got the discount too. If they had to pay the exact same price as everyone else, and if no discount were offered to them, would they still buy the condo? The clear answer is NO. Hence a case of
corruption here.

spot on! nothing ambiguous abt pertinent section in pca. get SC or QC also cant get acquittal.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Khosa was badly humiliated by LKY when he went before the Select Committee. He was a committee member of the Law Society. He never recovered from the humiliation which I believe led to his death.

Am not aware about LKY humiliating Khosa when he went before the Select Committee.

Kindly share what did LKY say to humiliate him?

Thank you.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During one of my visits to SG years ago, I purchased a copy of the Minutes of the "deliberations re: Select Committee" and read it.
I do not recall that apparent part about Khosa.