• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Are The Patrol Police Being Blamed For Running???

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not too sure if I agree with your views, uncle.

While you are right the whole riot burnt itself out, I am more worried about the negative image about our SPF. Doing the right thing? Not so sure uncle. Let's wait for the COI. My greatest fear is that after this incident, other groups, locals or foreigners, may form the impression our SPF is impotent when overwhelmed.

uncle, mata being useless are known to many, the riot just double confirm the image. and angchia no need to fear liao, bunch of useless ppl riding in red buses.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SPF pistol shoot ah neh 50m away not accurate. Ah neh throw beer bottles and projectiles at SPF 50m away very accurate. WTF is happening.

Aiyah! why you? like the Cantonese would want to say " wak gong chai"...ha ha ha...they are saying very quietly, our officers all "BO BO" king....elephant at 50m, they cannot shoot...ah neh can throw beer bottles with accuracy at 50m...maybe they should consider employing them.... ha ha ha ha

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the aftermath of this riot, COI should also focus on he make-up of FRC officers who are the first police officers to respond to cases. Imo, they are THE most important oficers in the SPF. Not elite forces like CID, SOC etc. Why?

How a case escates or is suppressed depends to a great extend on the first officers at scene. You get young officers who are still wet behind the ears and expect them to control a hostile stuation? I dare say if the first officers at scene before the riot took place were lau chiaos and Indians, maybe case would not have escalated. You need to speak their lingo and have the bearing to let them know 'jiak beh kuay.' People at scene, especially troublemakers always make an assessment whether can 'makan' police officers and the situation. May be intoxicated but they are still conscious of their acts.

Similarly, if there is a case of domestic dispute/violence for officers to attend to. If the couple are in their 50s, how do you expect 20-something yr old officers to 'manage' the couple? But if an old timer abut the same age group responds to case, better chance he is able to convince the couple to settle their diffeences.

Young officers on patrol in FRCs with Korean pop star wannabe generation "armpit odour not yet dry" officer riding shotgun with his concentration centred on his smartphone's facebook page. I once stood by the roadside peeing and turned around with my dick hanging out and an FRC passed me by and had not noticed. I was very insulted. Hey, it was six point five inches!

Anyway your observed opinion is not an isolated [a word much in fashion recently] view among old timer POs. Can only self palm face on the way they handle cases as First Officer at Scene. Yeah.... 20 year old officers with 20 year old maturity sure do understand and have perspective of life of those age from one to ninety five.........................

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fire warning shot, liddat one less round liao.

maybe different vocation, told to observe and report back to guard comd and wait for reinforcement. discharge of weapon only in self defense.

Curious question? if you have 10 ah nehs throwing beer bottles, cans, projectiles coming at you....you have a pistol, you run or discharge firearm?? the SPF discharged urine... ha ha ha ha

p.s....their pistol have no bullets..maybe didn't draw out from armskote.

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Curious question? if you have 10 ah nehs throwing beer bottles, cans, projectiles coming at you....you have a pistol, you run or discharge firearm?? the SPF discharged urine... ha ha ha ha

Use to have to reload five rounds manually. Now quick loading with just a twist. But useless when combined with trembling hands and peeing in the pants.

Malaysia and Indonesia hear me out. Infiltrate one thousand commandos Blitzkrieg style into Singapore and spread mayhem. It is yours for the taking.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eric Tan, in his younger days would have fired all 5 rounds! No news on his posting after CPIB.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a case of red tape and bullshit guidelines. In NS, do u know how difficult it is to escalate to an action of use of weapons?

I have mostly forgotten....but the gist is....

1) Issue 1st verbal warning. Stop! Stop!

2) If not heeded, load weapon.

3) Issue 2nd verbal warning. Stop! Stop! Or i will shoot.

4) Fire warning shot.

Lol.....by the time u shout Stop stop! The mob would have killed u!

The timeline never say any policeman asked the mob to stop, it probably means they didnt even bother. Run first more important.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Use to have to reload five rounds manually. Now quick loading with just a twist. But useless when combined with trembling hands and peeing in the pants.

Malaysia and Indonesia hear me out. Infiltrate one thousand commandos Blitzkrieg style into Singapore and spread mayhem. It is yours for the taking.

Sinkies do remember
400 ah nehs drinking toddy can whack a bunch of stinkapore policemen, overturned the police cars and got the police to run into ambulance and run out of ambulance with hands on top to surrender while peeing and shitting in their pants.

What can 4000 sinkies or 40,000 sinkies do?

PAP maggots cockroaches will shit and pee in their pants

No need to fear those bastards

MAKE THOSE BASTARDS IN PAP FEAR YOU

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The timeline never say any policeman asked the mob to stop, it probably means they didnt even bother. Run first more important.

Only a gong cheebye will face those ah nehs and issue 2 verbal warnings, take own sweet time to load rifle....before firing WARNING shot.

By the time u fire warning shot, your face bashed in liao la!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if dont run, walk meh?

Yes walk like the London polis:

This is what an orderly withdrawal looks like
Do you see anybody running with hands up
No formation at all each man for himself
That's the SPF way but not for London bobbies
Why must hide or run cannot walk away calmly

[video=youtube;coRJjqsY-JM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coRJjqsY-JM[/video]

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

While you are right the whole riot burnt itself out, I am more worried about the negative image about our SPF. Doing the right thing? Not so sure uncle. Let's wait for the COI. My greatest fear is that after this incident, other groups, locals or foreigners, may form the impression our SPF is impotent when overwhelmed.

The racial riots of 1964 & 1969 which raged for more than 10 days all over the island were a 1000 times worse than the Little India riot and yet no police vehicle or ambulance were ever overturned and set ablaze.

One former ang-chia police officer, Mr Roy Danker when asked for his views on Sunday's riot in Little India, where about 400 South Asian workers mobbed a bus that ran over and killed an Indian national, Danker said he was shocked that so many police and emergency vehicles were damaged and burnt.

"I don't know what the procedure is now but our jobs then were to protect lives and public property and we would have guarded the vehicles at all costs."

One word to describe the present day mata-matas: Moulanyong!

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Slizerr wrote:

Like Roy Danker I too was part of the Riot Squad in those days and we knew each other. It is sad to see Police Vehicles being damaged in that manner. I retired from the Police Force as a Sr Officer with the rank of Sr Inspector. Roy and I were then constables in the Riot Squad in those days. As a matter of fact some of us formed the backbone of the Reserve Unit as it was known in those days after the withdrawal of the FRU from Singapore after the separation from Malaysia.

We were young then but the training was harsh and rigid under the command of Mr T E Ricketts. We learned from scratch and the experience gained will forever be etched in my memory. I served in the SPF for 26 yrs in various units and during my time I have dealt with various incidents but I have never seen Police Vehicles being damaged or torched.

Some of my colleagues were Malaysians but because of the separation had to go back to their own country but through the years some of whom remained in PDRM have kept in touch with me.

One of them told me recently in local bahasa quote " Apa suda jadi Singapore sampai orang mogoh bakar Kerata Police" Dalam kawasan Malaysia ini perkara tak boleh jadi." ("What has happened to S'pore where police cars can be set ablaze by mobs. This will not happen in Malaysia"). I laugh it off and said that this is a different era and times change. But as a former Policeman I cannot help but wonder how this burning of vehicles was allowed to happen. Restraint or no restraint simply put it tarnishes the image of the force.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If there is going to be another riot like this, I am sure our police will finish them all off in no time...This I am very sure....

The police was actually responding to a fatal accident and was not prepared at all. The best course of action was to withdraw from the dangerous scene...no shame at all.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only a gong cheebye will face those ah nehs and issue 2 verbal warnings, take own sweet time to load rifle....before firing WARNING shot.

By the time u fire warning shot, your face bashed in liao la!

Eh you think the ah neh commando team from India ah, dare to bash police. All they do was throw missiles and heckle the cops. Not a single one dared to take up a parang or knife to try stab an officer.

The only possibility your face might get bashed was if they threw a brick at you plus either you sibe suay or you kong kum.

6a00d83451b52369e2019b026926f4970b-550wi

Last edited:

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh you think the ah neh commando team from India ah, dare to bash police. All they do was throw missiles and heckle the cops. Not a single one dared to take up a parang or knife to try stab an officer.

The only possibility your face might get bashed was if they threw a brick at you plus either you sibe suay or you kong kum.

6a00d83451b52369e2019b026926f4970b-550wi

See the ill fitted helmets. Thats how poorly prepard the poodles are. Last minute issue helmet to everyone. No time to get the right size for each.

t0nychat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies do remember
400 ah nehs drinking toddy can whack a bunch of stinkapore policemen, overturned the police cars and got the police to run into ambulance and run out of ambulance with hands on top to surrender while peeing and shitting in their pants.

What can 4000 sinkies or 40,000 sinkies do?

PAP maggots cockroaches will shit and pee in their pants

No need to fear those bastards

MAKE THOSE BASTARDS IN PAP FEAR YOU

You waiting for 2016 again? Loser.