• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PA dog hangs Singapore flag upside down

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Upside-down national flag seen at Tampines CC
20110824.090314_flags.jpg

my paper
Wednesday, Aug 24, 2011
By Shaun Tan

THE Tampines Central Community Centre (CC) has come under fire from irate netizens, after a photograph of a national flag hung upside down outside its premises was posted online.

The flag was among others hoisted correctly on metal poles outside the premises in Tampines Street 83.

Mr Christopher Chia, who waited in the CC's office last Saturday, while his daughter attended ballet class, snapped the photo and posted it on citizen-journalism website Stomp.

Mr Chia, 43, a sales manager, said: "A man went into the CC's office to notify the staff that the flag was upside down. He was pretty peeved, and demanded that the issue be attended to immediately."

He added that the staff member confirmed that the flag was upside down, before getting the caretaker who raised it to rectify the mistake.

Netizen pyjstein said: "Flying flags upside down is an internationally recognised signal of distress."

In a statement to my paper, the People's Association (PA) confirmed that the incident took place last Saturday.

A PA spokesman said: "The Singapore flag should be treated with utmost respect at all times."

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems our country is indeed in distress .
We are being invaded by foreign residents who are given permits and
residency by converted custom officials and converted immigration officials .

We dont know how far and how deep this run .

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
confirmed that the flag was upside down, before getting the caretaker who raised it to rectify the mistake

Caretaker could be a foreign worker..??? :confused: If a local, he should be able to know the the importance of our National Flag...

Netizen pyjstein said: "Flying flags upside down is an internationally recognised signal of distress

Spot on... We are indeed a Nation in Distress with the PAP and their loyal dogs at the helm...

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was in the army and this happen as well. I was guard 2IC and Guard com flew it wrongly. The guard com was a PR malaysian that don't even know how to sing natioanal anthem.

After i told him the mistake, luckily it was 5am in the morning. we quickly lowered it and rectified the mistake. When we were in the guard room, he still ask me you sure the red is on top? i was like.....

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was in the army and this happen as well. I was guard 2IC and Guard com flew it wrongly. The guard com was a PR malaysian that don't even know how to sing natioanal anthem.

After i told him the mistake, luckily it was 5am in the morning. we quickly lowered it and rectified the mistake. When we were in the guard room, he still ask me you sure the red is on top? i was like.....

guard com is a chinese?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
yah malaysian chinese. he was educated till sec sch in malaysia, only had his poly edu in sg.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bet these people from PA will not hang the flats of PAP upside down, wanna bet ? They can hang Singapore's flat upside down but not PAP flag...

la''destitude

I bet these people from PA will not hang the flats of PAP upside down, wanna bet ? They can hang Singapore's flat upside down but not PAP flag...
Hmmm, its almost impossible to hang PAP flag upside down. It looks the same upside down or right side up. Unless, of course, they rotate the flag 90 degrees and hang.