• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie churches targeting hapless foreign workers now

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
O come, all ye foreign workers
Religious groups offer free bus rides, meals, haircuts and more
ST_IMAGES_MPDORM21_A.jpg

Baptised foreign workers kneeling in the Fairfield Methodist Church santuary to receive communion. The church hires 13 buses every Sunday to pick up about 450 Chinese foreign workers from 11 dormitories across the island. -- ST PHOTOS: ALPHONSUS CHERN

By Melissa Pang
A number of religious organisations, mainly Christian groups, have been offering free transport to foreign workers, mostly from China, in a bid to reach out to them.

On Sundays, the workers are typically picked up outside their dormitories or at construction sites with on-site accommodation and taken to the places of worship.

A check with Christian churches found that at least six of them provide such free bus rides.

Sunday programmes vary but usually involve free dinner, praise and worship and Bible classes, and other free services such as haircuts and English-language classes. At the end of the evening, the workers are bussed back to their dormitories.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I walked past the church at the junction of marine parade and joo chiat road yesterday evening and saw alot of ah tiongs there as well.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Actually it is not new. 5-7 years ago, when they started to let those peidu mama come here, the churches were quick to absorb them as well.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As if these Ah Tiongs brainwashed with communism not bad enough already, now brainwashed them with these nonsense dogmatic fairy tales of stupidity.

Last edited:

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these religious organisations have more compassion for foreigners than their own poor, jobless and homeless countrymen.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think bout it as a business lingo, one ah tiong, certain contribution per month to churches, how bout absorbing 1 mil ah tiongs? do the maths.....

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isnt it just like establishing missionaries in war-torn/tribal countries with people who have 3rd world world jungle mentality

I had friends who knew i was of another creed but was extremely pushy till the point they even wanted to pick me up from my house to drive me to their establishment. Guess which religion? People think that by joining a religion establishment their life would improve. Why not try being a religious person in Somalia and see if food will fly into your mouth and get rid of the air in your stomach.

Last edited: