• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Angry birds attack Yishun

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The solutions are:

1. Loudspeakers with sounds of eagles
2. Bright shimmering streamers that move when the wind blows
3. Large helium balloons with pictures of an attacking eagle
4. A static look-alike model of a large eagle that can flap it's wings (battery-operated) and better fierce looking owls perched om tree branches pr high poles.
5. Others like bird wires and chemicals, etc but those are for roofs and ledges.

just shoot the damn birds. they are nothing but filthy rats with wings.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

AngryBirds.jpg

"Shoot us???" :oIo:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Put a scarecrow with the faces of some PAP MIWs... the birds will sure fly off in fright..

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Probably not a good idea. I've read research that says that when a colony of birds have decided a place is worth roosting in, they will stick to it. In fact, when part of the colony is lost, say through intermittent shooting, the remaining will make extra effort to make up the numbers by mating more frequently. The way to get rid of them is to make the whole place untenable, e.g., cutting down the trees (not always the best idea); or as one pest controller suggests, regularly spraying the trees with a grape juice based chemical (which the birds hate).

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's crazy to plant so many trees and let them grow so tall as to be nesting wild birds. The small gardens and parks are good enough for photosynthesis. LKY likes trees so much, ask him to come live in HDB with tall trees beside it.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical sinkies. Birds roosting. Shoot them. Why not cull Ah Tiongs. Or stupid sinkies so our gene pool do not become cesspools at heartlanders.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
News headline: Foreign birds have invaded SG and are now replacing local birds. Local birds need spurs stuck into their feathers to make them compete better with the foreign birds.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Probably not a good idea. I've read research that says that when a colony of birds have decided a place is worth roosting in, they will stick to it. In fact, when part of the colony is lost, say through intermittent shooting, the remaining will make extra effort to make up the numbers by mating more frequently. The way to get rid of them is to make the whole place untenable, e.g., cutting down the trees (not always the best idea); or as one pest controller suggests, regularly spraying the trees with a grape juice based chemical (which the birds hate).

You never suggest. moving the people from the area, so that they birds can roost in peace. Some of them are PR's, some are FT's.:biggrin: PR's = the brown coloured mynahs ( not minahs), the black coloured ones are from India ( introduced by the Raj) are FT's.

Last edited:

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once I drove into a HDB carpark at 5pm and found plenty of shady lots under the trees but was puzzled to see all the cars there parked elsewhere under the hot sun.

I parked in one of those shady lots. When I came back, I found my car covered with bird droppings and the trees were chirping with birds.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once I drove into a HDB carpark at 5pm and found plenty of shady lots under the trees but was puzzled to see all the cars there parked elsewhere under the hot sun.

I parked in one of those shady lots. When I came back, I found my car covered with bird droppings and the trees were chirping with birds.

You never had it so good, eh!?

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Once i was at the turf club in KL punting horses,before the races start, when a crow dropping drop onto my head..
after that every horses that i bet lost their way home and that include me.:*: