• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah tiong buying up Singapore homes. No more curry for sinkies soon.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mainland Chinese Big Buyers of Singapore Homes

On Friday 19 August 2011, 12:28 SGT

Mainland Chinese buyers have emerged as the biggest group of foreigners buying residential property in Singapore this year, according to the latest research from global real estate services firm DTZ.

Over April to June, residential property sales grew a strong 20 percent from the previous quarter, with the Chinese buying 640 properties during that period - 100 units more than in the first quarter of the year, according to the report.

Buyers from the Mainland accounted for 26 percent of all purchases made by foreigners.

An agent from Singapore-based HSR International Realtors, Huang Xiao Qiong, told CNBC that she gets on average 10 clients a month from mainland China and so far this year, she has already sold local properties to 20 Chinese buyers.

"They don't get one house, most of them actually get a few," Qiong said. "One will be to stay in, and the rest will be for investment - whether it is to rent or just to keep until the price goes up."

Thirty-two-year-old David Wei, from China's northwestern Heilongjiang province, who has been working in Singapore for the past couple of years, said that he has been looking to buy an apartment in Singapore for some time now.

He feels property prices here are less volatile than in China and has sold his property in China in order to invest in a two-bedroom apartment in Singapore, which he sees as a long-term investment.

According to Qiong, Chinese businessmen like investing in Singapore, attracted by the island nation's good governance and legal system.

"When they have a bit of cash they think it's safer to put it Singapore," Qiong said.

She added that many people from mainland China also like to send their children to Singapore to study. "Many wives and children stay back in Singapore, while husbands spend most of their time doing business in China," Qiong said.

Connie Chai, Assistant Vice President at DTZ Resale, who's sold more than 10 units this year to mainland Chinese clients, said buyers usually look for a three or four bedroom apartment to live in or as a holiday home, but for an investment they prefer to buy smaller one or two bedroom units.

Barter Mu, 39, who has been living in Singapore since 2007 said he decided to buy a two-bedroom apartment in December last year after his family joined him from Shanghai.

"I think the price was reasonable, because otherwise I had to rent," Mu said. "Also for the long term, I think [prices] still can increase, and I can get a profit from the investment."

While growing in popularity with Chinese buyers, Singapore still has some catching up to do compared with Hong Kong, where mainland Chinese accounted for nearly 10 percent of all property sales in the first half of this year, according to one of Hong Kong's largest real estate firms, Centaline Property. Mainland Chinese made up 7.6 percent of total sales in Singapore during the second quarter of this year, according to DTZ.

But foreigners are continuing to drive up demand for high-end residential properties in Singapore. In the second quarter, foreign buyers made up 43 percent of all properties that were sold for S$1.5 million (US$1.2 million) or more. Whereas 75 percent of all properties that cost S$500,000 or less were bought by Singaporeans in the April to June quarter.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Foreign buyers, foreign buyers... is that all they can say. Well, sinkies get screwed again for being a ball-less coward. Now sinkies can't afford more homes, they deserve it for being ball-less.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is good....................locals should sell to these goons while prices HAVEN"T plunge yet...............

time is running out .....................to sell...................

like that, transfer losses to foreigners.................

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's good our blood brothers are buying our properties better than other useless 3rd world S Asian!
That's why they are called Mainland Chinese ! In case we are in trouble in future it is better to be absorbed by ah Tiong than by our Northern neighbour!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's good our blood brothers are buying our properties better than other useless 3rd world S Asian!
That's why they are called Mainland Chinese ! In case we are in trouble in future it is better to be absorbed by ah Tiong than by our Northern neighbour!

Your northern neighbours are more relac and it is easy to live with them. As long as you let them feel superior as bumiputra, give them some benefits... they pretty much let you screw around without disturbing you. The chinks will swallow you.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn, i hope more indians come over. We cant turn this country into a chinese colony. We will be doomed with their dog eat dog mentality. Dog shouldnt eat one another that is called cannibalism

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Damn, i hope more indians come over. We cant turn this country into a chinese colony. We will be doomed with their dog eat dog mentality. Dog shouldnt eat one another that is called cannibalism

I like the way you put it. Let me correct it for you. This should be your actual message...

"Damn, i hope more FTs come over."

:biggrin:

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

If more of ah neh come here,u don't need to be a scientist to imagine S'Pore standard will be like South Asian slumps and poverty!

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
You damn funny already got 1 evil and you're asking for another to neutralise the other. 2 parasites living off a host how wonderful.

Last edited: