• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

jw5

Loyal
If Arsenal have another indifferent season, Wenger should consider the England job. No other English manager is better qualified for the post and Wenger himself has not ruled himself out after saying he will fulfill his contract at Arsenal until 2017.

(The England job is still a poison chalice for whoever takes it! :biggrin:)

But he will feel awkward if England plays France in the World Cup Final. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Now 3-2 Celtic.

Come on you Rrrrrrrrrrssssss!!! :o:biggrin:

Barnsley coach banned, Hasselbaink implicated in undercover sting

from espnfc.com

Championship side Barnsley have suspended assistant head coach Tommy Wright following allegations of impropriety in the Daily Telegraph, the club have announced on Wednesday.

Wright was filmed by an undercover journalist allegedly accepting a £5,000 cash payment from individuals representing a fake Far East investment fund in exchange for his help in signing Barnsley players and steering the group's clients to the club.

The allegation forms part of the Telegraph's undercover investigation into corruption in football, which on Tuesday accounted for England manager Sam Allardyce's stepping down from his post.

The Championship club said in a statement: "Barnsley FC is aware of allegations made by the Telegraph against Tommy Wright.

"The club has today suspended Tommy pending an internal investigation into these allegations.''

Also featured in the Daily Telegraph's reporting was Queens Park Rangers manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Leeds owner Massimo Cellino.

Hasselbaink, a former Chelsea forward, was videotaped agreeing to a £55,000 deal in which he would speak to investors as a representative of the firm.

i

In a statement issued shortly after the publication of the report, Hasselbaink denied any wrongdoing.

"I have today, through my lawyers, responded in full to the accusations levelled against me by The Telegraph. I was approached by Mr McGarvey and Ms Newell of The Telegraph purporting to be players' agents," he said.

"They offered me a fee to make a speech in Singapore. I do not see anything unusual in being offered to be paid to make a speech. I did not make any promises in return. I did not ask QPR to purchase any of the players who were said to be managed by Mr McGarvey and Ms Newell and did not and would not recommend the purchase of a player for my personal gain.

"I deny any accusations of wrongdoing on my part."

Hasselbaink's club issued a statement of their own, saying: "The club is aware of the allegations made against QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink in The Telegraph.

"First and foremost, the club takes very seriously any alleged breach of the rules.

"With this in mind, the club can confirm that there will be a thorough internal investigation regarding this matter.

"However, we have every confidence in our manager and the robust systems and processes the club has in place."

Cellino, speaking to the same fake investors, was filmed discussing ways his club could circumvent the Football Association's rules regarding third-party ownership.

Cellino said in the video: "I tell you, I spend eight million this year ... on new players. You want to finance that? You want to come 20 percent in that? You got 20 percent of the player -- it's the only way.

"As a shareholder you can finance the club, asking everything you want -- percentage -- you are allowed to do it in England."

In a statement issued shortly after midnight, Leeds described the allegations relating to Cellino as a "non-story.''

The statement read: "The club has reviewed the supposed 'evidence' that the Daily Telegraph have published tonight.

"At no time in this video clip has Mr. Cellino suggested getting around the FA's rules on third-party ownership of players.

"In complete contrast to what has been suggested, Mr. Cellino has made a perfectly proper suggestion which is entirely consistent with the FA's regulations, as the only parties entitled to take benefit from ownership of a player is the club itself.

"If a company commits money to a club by way of investment, taking on the potential for profit but also the risk for loss, then that is a normal, every-day corporate process.

"This is plainly not a suggestion as to how to circumvent the rules, but rather, an accurate albeit concise explanation of how to operate within the confines of the rules and effectively become 'the club.'

"The club intends to make no further comment on this non-story.''

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come on you Rrrrrrrrrrssssss!!! :o:biggrin:

"They offered me a fee to make a speech in Singapore. I do not see anything unusual in being offered to be paid to make a speech. I did not make any promises in return. I did not ask QPR to purchase any of the players who were said to be managed by Mr McGarvey and Ms Newell and did not and would not recommend the purchase of a player for my personal gain.

Jimmy Floyd loves coming to S.E. Asia (First Class, Five star hotel all expenses paid by his Chairman). He probably gets freebee flights on AirAsia X. :smile:

Don't think his job is in danger just yet. :biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Jimmy Floyd loves coming to S.E. Asia (First Class, Five star hotel all expenses paid by his Chairman). He probably gets freebee flights on AirAsia X. :smile:

Don't think his job is in danger just yet. :biggrin:

His job will only be in danger if he gets QPR relegated to League 1. :eek: Come on you RRRRrrrrrrrsssssss!!! :biggrin:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unimpressive 1-0 victory.
United really struggled against this unknown Ukrainian side.
I bet even our resident football expert Jw5 doesn't know too much about Zorya Luhansk. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Arsene Wenger begins his 3rd decade at Arsenal. :biggrin:

i

Wenger legacy remains intact

Arsene Wenger is arguably one the greatest managers in English football. As his 20th anniversary at Arsenal arrives, his early successes and impact on the game ensure that 10 years of failure will be forgiven quickly.

jw5

Loyal
Should have sent the postcard earlier, Sammy. :biggrin:

proxy.jpg

Big Sam's motivational postcards to his players - "Our Journey Has Begun" - turn up on their doorsteps YESTERDAY.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big Sam's motivational postcards to his players - "Our Journey Has Begun"
He should have also recorded himself singing the following song with new and relevant lyrics, uploaded it to YouTube, and e-mailed the link to them! :p

[video=youtube;__VQX2Xn7tI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__VQX2Xn7tI[/video]

[video=youtube;5uYzQQug2-o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uYzQQug2-o[/video]

[video=youtube;DNPAM5ABhvs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNPAM5ABhvs[/video]

jw5

Loyal
He should have also recorded himself singing the following song with new and relevant lyrics, uploaded it to YouTube, and e-mailed the link to them! :p

[video=youtube;__VQX2Xn7tI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__VQX2Xn7tI[/video]

This is a great song, sung by a great singer. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Friday night game. :biggrin:

Everton pegged back by Crystal Palace in fraught 1-1 draw at Goodison Park

i

Romelu Lukaku, second right, made the difference for Everton though their inability to hang on ensured a 1-1 draw.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Final Scores:

Swansea 1 Liverpool 2
Fulham 1 QPR 2

Well Done You RRRRRrrrrrrrrrsssssss!!! :biggrin:

QPR are still no better than a mid table championship side.
May I remind you that we got thrashed 0-6 by Newcastle last month. One of our worst defeats and we have a potential crisis with JFH. :biggrin:

On a separate note WTF is wrong with West Ham United and Slaven Bilic this season?

jw5

Loyal
QPR are still no better than a mid table championship side.
May I remind you that we got thrashed 0-6 by Newcastle last month. One of our worst defeats and we have a potential crisis with JFH. :biggrin:

On a separate note WTF is wrong with West Ham United and Slaven Bilic this season?

The championship is one of the most difficult leagues in the world. And probably the best second tier league as well. :biggrin:

At least Slaven Bilic and West Ham got a point and his job looks safe for now. Unlike Swansea manager Francesco Guidolin. :(

jw5

Loyal
i

Chelsea steady the ship at Hull

After back-to-back league defeats, Chelsea returned to winning ways at Hull. Antonio Conte introduced his three-man defence, and after some growing pains, his Blues ground out a 2-0 victory at the KCOM Stadium.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A decent enough goal but up until that point in the game, he was invisible.
West Ham need to raise their game if they're to avoid relegation and then Payet will surely leave.