• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
halo gwadeeohlah eh sai lai sbf zway din tua pao xian leow tio boh

Lionel Messi has hailed former Barcelona boss Frank Rijkaard as the most important manager of his career

Guardiola keeps saying he wants more from Aguero, apparently he doesn't chase back as hard as De Bruyne. And Guardiola tells every reporter who asks him that Messi is by far the best striker he ever coached. There are potential fireworks between Guardiola and Aguero. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
halo gwadeeohlah eh sai lai sbf zway din tua pao xian leow tio boh

Lionel Messi has hailed former Barcelona boss Frank Rijkaard as the most important manager of his career

Guardiola was a very good player for Barcelona and he is an innovative and creative tactical coach, but many of his past players buay song him, including those at Bayern Munich and Barcelona. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
espnfc's Team Of The Weekend:

i

jw5

Loyal
This fellow will become more important as Kevin De Bruyne may be ruled out for 4 weeks with a hamstring injury. :wink:

i

jw5

Loyal
i

Arsenal's peak 'Wengerball'

In thrashing Chelsea, Arsenal played at a level their manager has long sought.

jw5

Loyal
i

Conte's sizable Chelsea task

Staurday's defeat at Arsenal made clear the job faced by Antonio Conte. Early wins brought optimism but, recently the Stamford Bridge side have played like the one that finished 10th in last season's Premier League.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
***BREAKING NEWS***
Gone after just one game.
Bye bye Big Sam! (At least you had a 100% win record!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37483344
Sam Allardyce has left his position as England manager by mutual consent after just one game in charge of the national team.

Allardyce was filmed advising undercover journalists on how to circumvent rules against third-party ownership, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Video accompanying the report shows Allardyce meeting twice with journalists posing as representatives of a Far East agency who were interested in bypassing rules from the Football Association and FIFA.

"You can still get around it. I mean, obviously, the big money's here," Allardyce said on the video, while also calling the regulations "ridiculous."
A statement from the FA read: "The FA can confirm that Sam Allardyce has left his position as England manager. Allardyce's conduct, as reported today, was inappropriate of the England manager.

"He accepts he made a significant error of judgement and has apologised. However, due to the serious nature of his actions, The FA and Allardyce have mutually agreed to terminate his contract with immediate effect.

"This is not a decision that was taken lightly but The FA's priority is to protect the wider interests of the game and maintain the highest standards of conduct in football. The manager of the England men's senior team is a position which must demonstrate strong leadership and show respect for the integrity of the game at all times."

Former Sunderland boss Allardyce was appointed as Roy Hodgson's successor in July, and he oversaw his first, and only, game in charge as England beat Slovakia 1-0 in a World Cup qualifier thanks to Adam Lallana's late goal.

"Further to recent events, The FA and I have mutually agreed to part company," Allardyce said in a statement. "It was a great honour for me to be appointed back in July and I am deeply disappointed at this outcome.

"This afternoon, I met with [FA chairman] Greg Clarke and [FA CEO] Martin Glenn and offered a sincere and wholehearted apology for my actions. Although it was made clear during the recorded conversations that any proposed arrangements would need The FA's full approval, I recognise I made some comments which have caused embarrassment.

"As part of today's meeting, I was asked to clarify what I said and the context in which the conversations took place. I have co-operated fully in this regard. I also regret my comments with regard to other individuals."

The FA also confirmed that Gareth Southgate will now take charge for the next four matches against Malta, Slovenia, Scotland and Spain while the search for a new manager takes place.

jw5

Loyal

jw5

Loyal
i

Wenger's Champions League obsession

For Arsene Wenger, Champions League glory remains a constant dream. It's become all-consuming for the Arsenal manager, something fuelled by many missed opportunities during his 20 years in charge.

jw5

Loyal
Poor Old Sammyboy. :biggrin:

i

By Gabriele Marcotti

from espnfc.com

Sam Allardyce case highlights FA's poor judgment and decision-making

After a 9½-week romance, the Football Association woke up feeling kind of dirty.

Bribes (quaintly called "bungs" in the lexicon of English football).

Players gambling on football.

Third-party ownership rules being circumvented.

Two hundred thousand bucks (plus first-class tickets and hotel) for the England manager to fly out to Asia, give a "keynote speech" and have him hang out at the bar for a few hours.

The Daily Telegraph's undercover sting of Sam Allardyce leaves the English FA (or simply the "Football Association" as they like to call themselves) once again searching for a new manager and the masses tut-tutting at Big Sam.

If you watched the video and read the transcript you might be left wondering what exactly he did wrong, other than coming across as crass, gossipy and, at one point, silly. The image of him draping a napkin over his face when someone brings up the subjects of bungs and saying "Oh, oh you're not, do not, I haven't heard that, I haven't heard that, you stupid man. ... You can have that conversation when I'm not here. ... You can't go there anymore. ... Don't ever go there." borders on the hilarious.

Even his gravest statement -- when he discusses third-party ownership of players' economic rights and how agents and investors get around the rules -- is rather innocuous. True, third-party investment has been illegal in England since 2008 and worldwide since 2015, but it's equally true that it's hugely difficult to police and it still goes on in covert form.

Yes, Allardyce illustrated one method of getting around the regulations -- another one is agents or third-party investors buying shares in smaller clubs -- and technically he is revealing how to break a rule, but it's not as if he's giving away the recipe for baking crystal meth in your kitchen. He's simply explaining how it's done and it's something anyone with a primary school education could work out on their own anyway.

But maybe that's enough to get the boot.

"I don't know whether he has broken any rules, that is for the [FA's ongoing investigation] to decide," FA chairman Greg Clarke. "But he admitted he had been foolish and we agreed the situation was unrecoverable."

You're left to speculate whether the FA and Allardyce feared there might be more to come in the Telegraph investigation -- or whether, as former FA chief Greg Dyke puts it, England managers have to be "whiter than white" in their ethical behavior.

If that's the case -- unfortunate use of language aside -- this high ethical bar is evidently relatively new. After all, they've happily employed England managers who have been investigated for tax fraud (Fabio Capello), been accused of serious fraud (Terry Venables), had affairs with other FA employees (Sven-Goran Eriksson) and been duped in eerily similar ways to Allardyce (Sven again).

The case against Capello was ultimately settled. Venables, once he left the England job, was later disqualified from being a company director. Eriksson didn't break any laws. But then neither did Allardyce. And if you're talking "whiff of scandal" certainly the cases of his three predecessors qualify.

Yet none of them was shown the door this quickly. All were given the "innocent until proven guilty" benefit.

But heck, maybe the "whiter than white" thing is a new policy. Fair enough.

Yet if that's the case, you wonder about where they put the threshold and what was different in July when they appointed Allardyce in the first place. Remember, he was one of the subjects of the 2006 bungs inquiry conducted by Lord Stevens of Kirkwhelpington. Allardyce was cleared of wrongdoing and, sure, he might have been extraordinarily unlucky to have been accused, but folks who are "whiter than white" generally don't end up being investigated in the first place. Nor do they generally choose guys like Mark Curtis to represent them. Again, Curtis has never been found guilty of wrongdoing, but he's had a fair few allegations lobbed his way in the past two decades.

It might be the nature of the beast. It might be that these guys are victims of jealousy, of hearsay, of the fact that some football folk can't help but continually bad-mouth one another in private. It might be that the FA, in July, were satisfied with the fact that neither Allardyce nor Curtis were ever found guilty of anything.

But then please don't peddle the ideal England manager as being "whiter than white" in his conduct.

"Whiter than white" means the good fortune of never even having been accused, let alone investigated, of wrongdoing. That's what it means.

Now Gareth Southgate, the under-21 boss, will take charge of England through the new year and, in the meantime, we'll get another managerial search. A scan of the early candidates doesn't exactly have you doing backflips. If they're going to stick by the "whiter than white" standard, they'd better do their research on each and every one of them.

Just to be sure, of course.

Former England captain Alan Shearer vented his frustration to the BBC, saying: "I didn't think England could stoop any lower from what happened in the summer at the Euros. Now here we are, a laughingstock of world football."

To some degree, you can live with ineptness on the playing field, if it's accompanied by effort and good faith. Ineptness in judgment and decision-making of this magnitude is much tougher to swallow.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Half Time
Celtic 2-2 Man City
Sterling scored at both end.
Ars 2-0 Basel.

Bayern and Barcelona trail 1-0

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For Arsene Wenger, Champions League glory remains a constant dream. It's become all-consuming for the Arsenal manager, something fuelled by many missed opportunities during his 20 years in charge.

If Arsenal have another indifferent season, Wenger should consider the England job. No other English manager is better qualified for the post and Wenger himself has not ruled himself out after saying he will fulfill his contract at Arsenal until 2017.

(The England job is still a poison chalice for whoever takes it! :biggrin:)