• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sam, Suggestions To Reduce Abuse

jw5

Loyal
Sam and all forummers, let's have some suggestions to reduce abuse.
2 types of abuse.
-- bullying and abuse of forummers
-- abuse of the forum, includding spamming in multiple threads and misuse of the infraction or zapping system.

My suggestions are:

1. No annonymous adding or zapping of points.

2. Points can be given but cannot be returned immediately. Maybe it can be set like the giving of points to the same forummer, 200 days interval or having to give to 100 different forummers first before we can "return". We can start from where we are or we can start from a clean slate for everyone, say 0 points and 1 power.

3. Set up a thread (can be a sticky) to report abuse, instead of just in the infractons folder. The forummer reporting can highlight the nickname, relevant thread and post, and the nature of the abuse. Sam and all forummers can see this thread and ascertain for ourselves whether there is really bullying and abuse or simply a feud between 2 forummers.

4. There can be a similar thread to report good posts or good contributions. We should have more "awards" for good contributions rather than just highlighting the bad. No money involved, but we can even have a "forummer of the month" for starting good threads or providing useful information or even humour.

5. Let's try to have broad definitions of the meanings of bullying and abuse.

In my view, 2 forummers having a feud in a thread and having a go at each other is not abuse or bullying of a forummer. E.g. Cooleo and Papsmearer. But abuse or bullying of several forummers in different threads is, especially if it's someone more senior or simply more abusive than his victims.

2 forummers continuing their feud in multiple forummers is considered abuse of the forum by spamming.
Banning someone for days on end is misuse of the infraction system. Giving an infraction per se is not, otherwise why have the infraction system. But multiple infractions and banning should only be done by multiple forummers, who agree that the guy should be banned.

6. As noted above, no one forummer can give multiple infractions in a day and ban another forummer.

Sam, do you agree and is it possible to include items 1,2 and 6 in the system settings?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Great ideas but too much work for me. :wink: I'd have to spend a lot of time tracking down clone accounts to prevent the controls from being bypassed.

The forum's doing OK now. Those who want to avoid the hustle and bustle can always take refuge in the moderated section which is well policed by the Gestapo.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My suggestions are:

This i can assure you that he will never agree to it unless he sets a new record by doing so. Will in fact lead to more flame wars. As good as removing the reputation system. :biggrin:

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sam and all forummers, let's have some suggestions to reduce abuse.
2 types of abuse.
-- bullying and abuse of forummers
-- abuse of the forum, includding spamming in multiple threads and misuse of the infraction or zapping system.

My suggestions are:

2. Points can be given but cannot be returned immediately. Maybe it can be set like the giving of points to the same forummer, 200 days interval or having to give to 100 different forummers first before we can "return". We can start from where we are or we can start from a clean slate for everyone, say 0 points and 1 power.

3. Set up a thread (can be a sticky) to report abuse, instead of just in the infractons folder. The forummer reporting can highlight the nickname, relevant thread and post, and the nature of the abuse. Sam and all forummers can see this thread and ascertain for ourselves whether there is really bullying and abuse or simply a feud between 2 forummers.

4. There can be a similar thread to report good posts or good contributions. We should have more "awards" for good contributions rather than just highlighting the bad. No money involved, but we can even have a "forummer of the month" for starting good threads or providing useful information or even humour.

In my view, 2 forummers having a feud in a thread and having a go at each other is not abuse or bullying of a forummer. E.g. Cooleo and Papsmearer. But abuse or bullying of several forummers in different threads is, especially if it's someone more senior or simply more abusive than his victims.

2 forummers continuing their feud in multiple forummers is considered abuse of the forum by spamming.
Banning someone for days on end is misuse of the infraction system. Giving an infraction per se is not, otherwise why have the infraction system. But multiple infractions and banning should only be done by multiple forummers, who agree that the guy should be banned.

6. As noted above, no one forummer can give multiple infractions in a day and ban another forummer.

Sam, do you agree and is it possible to include items 1,2 and 6 in the system settings?

wah item 6 is really not advisable. it will kill the fun in this forum

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Great ideas but too much work for me. :wink: I'd have to spend a lot of time tracking down clone accounts to prevent the controls from being bypassed.

The forum's doing OK now. Those who want to avoid the hustle and bustle can always take refuge in the moderated section which is well policed by the Gestapo.

hi there

1. ah sam kor!
2. the moderated thing shall die of its natural death.
3. it is pretty different from here.
4. lacks the colors and characters.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh plsSSSSSSSSSSSSS stop behaving like pussies...oredi there is a "moderated" thread FOR you to hide there and pcc to yourself with no one disturbING, and yet still not enough...u want Sam always mollycoddle you issit? behavin like some fuckin whining pussies...HOR GAO KAN LAH!!! :oIo:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
hi there
1. ah sam kor!
2. the moderated thing shall die of its natural death.
3. it is pretty different from here.
4. lacks the colors and characters.

So be it then. It will mean that the market has spoken and most prefer a bit of fun, rowdiness and a regular fist fight.

jw5

Loyal

You reply so fast, you got even read or not? :o

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
So be it then. It will mean that the market has spoken and most prefer a bit of fun, rowdiness and a regular fist fight.

some pua cheebye kia here who were condemning the authoritarian PAP, now want to behave like PAP...clean this clean dat, censor here and there...ban this person ban dat person...moderate...infract...WTF!!! no better thna fucking pappy culture! :mad::oIo:

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
You reply so fast, you got even read or not? :o

pls grows some balls lah.....online rowdiness also cannot take it, how to suvive in the real world??? no wonder dat 88-yr-old bastard is trampling all over cowardly pussy sinkies...:rolleyes::mad::oIo:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
the only thing unique about this forum is you can screw everyone openly even the host. if you police it till so strict, it will be like other local forums under the blanket of PAP.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the only thing unique about this forum is you can screw everyone openly even the host. if you police it till so strict, it will be like other local forums under the blanket of PAP.

100% Agree. Let it be as it is. No control. Let everyone speak out their mind freely. No barrier/border/red tape.....................
If control this forum will slowly fade away.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
100% Agree. Let it be as it is. No control. Let everyone speak out their mind freely. No barrier/border/red tape.....................
If control this forum will slowly fade away.

Any proof it is fading away or is there an increase? You making it all up?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any proof it is fading away or is there an increase? You making it all up?
The Courtyard Café [Original] is getting lesser threads, the Courtyard Café [Moderated] section is bullshits, so many restrictions there, I will never post anything there.

Anyone who is free can go to Stomp forum, its a dead decaying forum because they divide it into too many sections that the Stompers dunno where to post, and they anyhow ban people and delete threads that are anti PAP topics.

I dun have proof it is fading, but I'm sure Ah Leong can sense it too.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Since you mention my name, well, I have to admit that I bullied Cooleo. When you go at it with an intellectually unarmed person who has Downs Syndrome, it mentally bullying at its worse. I should have known better that Cooleo was the village idiot and brought a knife to a gunfight, and is a mental lightweight. You can see from the amount of time that he spends on this forum, and his banning and infracting people like he is king shit, how miserable his real life is. This is the only sense of power that he has. This is what happens when Cooleo got raped and molested as a child. We should all pity him.................naw.