• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mata looking for armed robber.. Have you seen this man?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Robbery at Bukit Batok
Shin Min Daily News - 4 hrs 41 mins ago
pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">The house at Burgundy Drive that was robbed.</cite>
A private house in Bukit Batok was robbed last Friday.

The robbery happened at 7am in the morning at a three-storey house located at Burgundy Drive near Bukit Batok Ave 3.

A man had sneaked into the house and woke its occupants. The robber then held the male house owner hostage with a knife and demanded money.

Terrified, the wife of the hostage begged the robber not to hurt her husband and gave the man $100.

Not satisfied with the sum, the man demanded a cheque for $100,000. A struggle ensued between the robber and the male house owner, resulting in the owner being stabbed.

The robber then demanded from the owner his car keys and made his escape by driving off with the car. The car was discovered just today, abandoned outside a tyre shop at Bukit Batok Crescent industrial estate.

The victims of the robbery are a couple in their 30s. The male house owner is a 36-year-old Belgium and senior vice president for a local company. His wife, a Chinese, is a medical researcher in her 30s.

The suspect of the robbery is a man between the ages of 20s to 30s, of medium build, about 1.73 metres tall, with black hair and dark complexion. In images captured by a closed circuit camera, the suspect is next to a taxi. Some believe he might have taken a cab to the location of the robbery.

Police are currently investigating the case. Call 1800-2550000 if you know have any information that may be of help.

Source: Shin Min Daily News, 16 August 2011. C

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The "guess which race" tag wasn't started by me. It was invented by m&d and ah neh bashers.

When a chink commits a crime, the racial overtones suddenly disappear. :rolleyes: I'm here to put it back in the spotlight.

yes he's chinese. but at least it's armed robbery. if there's a scale of acceptability of crimes committed, armed robbery definitely sits higher than incest, or killing a best friend during a drunken brawl.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
After detailed analysis of the facts surrounding the case and the picture of the man... i came to the conclusion the robber is a Johorean. I deduce this by elimination.

1) No Singaporean dares to enter a house, rob the owner, stab the owner and escape in his car - this fella has guts and doesn't care about the consequences.
2) Most Singaporeans understand the consequences of such action would be locked up behind bars for life.
3) The person in picture does not look like Ah Tiong. He exhibits a confident body language as if he is operating in his own territory. Ah Tiong tends to be sneaky and if he is desperate enough to rob he is typically hungry and malnourished, unlike the guy in pic who looks well-fed and has a stocky body structure.
Ah Tiong is unlikely to wear Gap, if he wears one it would have been counterfeit made in China wrong spelling type like "Cap"
4) This leaves 2 possibilities - Pinoy or Johorean
5) Burgundy Drive is not an area Pinoys are familiar with, most likely he is a contractor worker who chanced upon the area
6) Armed burglary is common in JB and some of them have lotsa practice back home
7) Johoreans have the impression Singaporeans are loaded and can write a 100k cheque anytime (did he consider how he can encash this cheque???)
8) This guy fits the profile of someone who attempted to rob me in JB

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was wondering why the police was so interested in this case with such urgency and photo flashed. Then I realised the victim was an angmo foreigner. The last time an Angmo Canadian foreigner was stabbed in a bungalow in Bukit Timah during a robbery, they actually activated the Gurkha Contingent and searched the areas.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was wondering why the police was so interested in this case with such urgency and photo flashed. Then I realised the victim was an angmo foreigner. The last time an Angmo Canadian foreigner was stabbed in a bungalow in Bukit Timah during a robbery, they actually activated the Gurkha Contingent and searched the areas.

Police Dog Unit was activated too.