• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FT illegal immigrant tried to bribe mata ....

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man tries to bribe officers with $1,000

AsiaOne

Monday, Aug 15, 2011

SINGAPORE - A 42-year-old man tried to bribe two police officers with $1,000 when they tried to place him under arrest.

Senior Station Inspector (SSI) Sudesh Kumar and Sergeant (Sgt) Yap Yhee Hoe spotted the Chinese man acting suspiciously at Yishun Ring Road on Sunday, August 14.

The man could not produce valid identification and when searched, the officers found a $1,000 note on the him.

Suspecting that he could be an illegal immigrant, the officers tried to place the Chinese man under arrest.

This is when he offered the $1,000 to the officers in exchange for letting him go.

Both officers, from Ang Mo Kio Police Division, rejected the bribe and warned him that making such an offer to a public servant is an offence.

The man was then arrested on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant and the $1,000 note was seized as a case exhibit,

He will be charged in court tomorrow for an offence of unlawful entry into Singapore. If convicted, he can be sentenced to a maximum jail term of six months and caning with not less than three strokes.

The offence of attempted bribery has been referred to the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) for follow-up.

[email protected]

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess which race?

No need. Second sentence of the main report had mentioned he was a Chinese! One of the unlucky Ah Tiongs.

On Saturday morning, there was this karung guni man honking his horn underneath my block. I approached him and asked him in English if he would take my old Sony TV set. In reply he rattled away in Chinese. I made sign language that I don't understand him. I then said "china, china". He nodded. I then walked away. This guy is so lucky. Our government is very generous in granting PRs, long term passes or whatever rubbish you call it, to karung guni men. As our beloved ministers often bleat, these people are going to create jobs for Singaporeans. Sheesh!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need. Second sentence of the main report had mentioned he was a Chinese! One of the unlucky Ah Tiongs.

On Saturday morning, there was this karung guni man honking his horn underneath my block. I approached him and asked him in English if he would take my old Sony TV set. In reply he rattled away in Chinese. I made sign language that I don't understand him. I then said "china, china". He nodded. I then walked away. This guy is so lucky. Our government is very generous in granting PRs, long term passes or whatever rubbish you call it, to karung guni men. As our beloved ministers often bleat, these people are going to create jobs for Singaporeans. Sheesh!

Ah Tiongs go all out to dominate karung-guni business at HDB neighbourhood. There are 2 diff party at blk66x Yishun Ave 4 often quarrelling over their territory. As they blatantly and illegally store their rubbish at HDB void-deck, sometimes they steal rubbish from each other. Whenever someone moves in or moves out, they will drop by for a visit asking if there is a anything to throw away. Even the cobbler near my office is an Ah Tiong.