• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Global Military Power Rankings

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The No. 1 position we all know is held by the USA, followed by Russia and then China.

GlobalFirepower.com (GFP)
GFP provides a unique analytical display of data covering global military powers with statistics compiled through various sources. All manner of countries are considered in the ranking, a spectrum helping to produce a near-complete comparison of relative military strengths from across the globe. The user should note that nuclear capability is not taken into account for the final ranking for this listing is purely a "numbers game" meant to spark debate and including nuclear weapons would clearly defeat its purpose. Therefore GFP comparisons are for consideration in a conventional war based solely on each individual nation's capabilities on land, at sea and through the air while including logistical and financial aspects when waging total war. Sources are stated whenever possible though some statistics are estimated if official numbers are not available.

Final Thoughts
It goes without saying that lists such can be completely subjective, though the GFP intention is to be wholly unbiased.
The final GFP rankings are based on a formula taking some 45 factors into account and compiling totals against each country, applying bonuses and penalties as needed to generate this list....http://www.globalfirepower.com/

Indonesia is ranked 18th, Thailand 19th, Philippines 23rd and Malaysia 27th. So where is Singapore placed in the rankings?

Answer: 41st

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL....................S'pore could have taken on Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines all at the same time..................LOL

those 3 are pushovers..................

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL....................S'pore could have taken on Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines all at the same time..................LOL

those 3 are pushovers..................

too simplistic, winning a war is not simply firepower alone. You still need to win the people over otherwise the civil war can go on forever.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the ranking is quite correct, we may have the expensive and high tech hardware, but we lack the manpower to hold the ground of our neighbour even if we defeat their conventional army. Their guerrilla army will slowly defeat us. Singapore army is a waste of time and money, it serves only two purpose, protect the wealth of the elite and the jobs of FT. In that role, it is doing quite well.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
the ranking is quite correct, we may have the expensive and high tech hardware, but we lack the manpower to hold the ground of our neighbour even if we defeat their conventional army. Their guerrilla army will slowly defeat us. Singapore army is a waste of time and money, it serves only two purpose, protect the wealth of the elite and the jobs of FT. In that role, it is doing quite well.

true, the Indos may lose on firepower, but their manpower is sufficient to sit here in Singapore and squat, as they have 245 million in population.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
true, the Indos may lose on firepower, but their manpower is sufficient to sit here in Singapore and squat, as they have 245 million in population.

And not to forget their level of patriotism is way above Singapore. I'm Singaporean but I do notice that Singaporeans only picked on our own people and when it comes to foreigners, our balls shrank. In a way, Tonychat is right but I do not agree with his "every single post also lambast sinkie" manner :biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
guarantee you will make many enemy here when you suck up to tonychat. Even he will scold you for licking his boots.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unity will always overcome firepower and Technology. Singaporeans are no longer a united front nor does the people feel loyal to their country anymore.. Where else the Malaysian regardless of their Race/religion issues have one thing we dont have..Unity and pure love for their country. Farking Harry and his Dogs have hijacked Singapore. People will always fight for something if they think they have a connection with it. Lky and his Pariahs have taken all credit, making Singaporeans feel they have no part in this country. Im still thinking what the hell am i defending? What a waste of my 2yrs. And if i think bout it properly.. My education, food and housing was all paid for by my Parents hard work, Not a Single cent have we took from the government. Instead its a one way traffic. We have given them(Ministers) their livelihood and we are the ones who have put food into their family's mouth.

End of the day, Fark going back to reservist and all that bull crap, I will not allow myself to be a mercenary to Politicians and the Rich. In time of war.. Give me an M16 and a couple of hand grenades and i will sit outside my door and guard what is really mine.(For 99yrs)

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overall I think the ranking is correct.

Singapore may win the battle, but they cannot win the war.

That, I think is well known to the political elites who knows that we are decendants of peasants, unwilling to fight. The political elites too know that life is already too good for them without resorting to fighting. Unlike other ruling elites elsewhere, who are genuine leaders, the local ones has no balls and guts to lead people into war. They know that if they lose, they and their families will lose their heads. In the end, they ask, why rock the boat?

Singapore being such an open economy cannot afford a fight. Businesses will flee, set up elsewhere and will never come back. The elites know that once the damage is done, there is no way back to prosperity.

So here you have it, we are in a situation where we spend billions just to put up a show that we can win, anytime. When in the real world, our soldiers will shoot their own officiers when they are called to charge under a hail of bullets.

In the end, we will NEVER go to war. Of course there will be disagreement, tension, friction with our neighbours and like what we have done in the past, we bribe, threaten, sabotage, undermine, suck up, kill if necessary just so that our army continues to stay in their barracks and the aura of SAF's invincibility is maintained.

So whoever enters NS and thinks that we are seriously training to fight, I tell them, go and keng la. Let the 'on' ones charge up the hill. You can take your sweet time and walk up while meekly croaking "CHARGE!!!!!". It will not make any difference.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Billions of dollars already being spent in buying high end military toys for our Paper Generals..

But when war comes, all these expensive military wares will be of no use to Spore..

I for one will not be bothered to fight and die for those PAP bastards and their families..

I will not want to defend PAP's interests..

I will not want to defend all those bloody foreign thrash..

In fact, I might just aim my rifle at those PAP scums and the foreign shit thrash that they had brought in to Spore..

Call me selfish, call me a traitor, call me unpatriotic... but my concern is only for my family and for my fellow 40%..

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun anyhow say hor.
this forum security is not very safe, even dankos can hack into the PM of the moderator, imagine what PAP ISD can do, they might send for you to drink coffee.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun anyhow say hor.
this forum security is not very safe, even dankos can hack into the PM of the moderator, imagine what PAP ISD can do, they might send for you to drink coffee.

You another fearmonger is it? You mean our neighbours have stupid defense analyst who cannot see through the smokescreen?

You trying to say we at Sammyboy forum do a better job than them? You think SAF don't know that they know?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You another fearmonger is it? You mean our neighbours have stupid defense analyst who cannot see through the smokescreen?

You trying to say we at Sammyboy forum do a better job than them? You think SAF don't know that they know?

speak english man, i dun know what are you talking about, i know army does not provide education for regular like you. But this is below primary school english standard, be clear and concise, paste the correct quote. I cannot reply you if i cannot understand you.

jw5

Loyal
I'm no fan of PRC and their military, but found it ludicrous when I saw a news report that Japan was complaining about China's military build-up.
Does Japan think that the world have forgotten about them so quickly? :mad:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm no fan of PRC and their military, but found it ludicrous when I saw a news report that Japan was complaining about China's military build-up.
Does Japan think that the world have forgotten about them so quickly? :mad:

==

fuck japan...they are always whining ... on bed they also whine..thats why i like Jap AV

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too simplistic, winning a war is not simply firepower alone. You still need to win the people over otherwise the civil war can go on forever.

aiyah......you think like last time meh................

nowadays, the civilians see got guns and tanks only run liao lor................

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Unity will always overcome firepower and Technology. Singaporeans are no longer a united front nor does the people feel loyal to their country anymore.. Where else the Malaysian regardless of their Race/religion issues have one thing we dont have..Unity and pure love for their country. Farking Harry and his Dogs have hijacked Singapore. People will always fight for something if they think they have a connection with it. Lky and his Pariahs have taken all credit, making Singaporeans feel they have no part in this country. Im still thinking what the hell am i defending? What a waste of my 2yrs. And if i think bout it properly.. My education, food and housing was all paid for by my Parents hard work, Not a Single cent have we took from the government. Instead its a one way traffic. We have given them(Ministers) their livelihood and we are the ones who have put food into their family's mouth.

End of the day, Fark going back to reservist and all that bull crap, I will not allow myself to be a mercenary to Politicians and the Rich. In time of war.. Give me an M16 and a couple of hand grenades and i will sit outside my door and guard what is really mine.(For 99yrs)

well said and don't forget to shoot the minister that gave the order to fire on civilians.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indonesia rank so high but cannot manage to keep Timor Leste.
How come Singapore rank so high?
Malaysia and Indonesia just need 150mm artillery fire from the border whole Singapore island will be graveyard.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Billions of dollars already being spent in buying high end military toys for our Paper Generals..

But when war comes, all these expensive military wares will be of no use to Spore..

I for one will not be bothered to fight and die for those PAP bastards and their families..

I will not want to defend PAP's interests..

I will not want to defend all those bloody foreign thrash..

In fact, I might just aim my rifle at those PAP scums and the foreign shit thrash that they had brought in to Spore..

Call me selfish, call me a traitor, call me unpatriotic... but my concern is only for my family and for my fellow 40%..

The real purpose of the billion $ military budgets is because of the kickbacks and bribes that the elites receive. The defence industry is one of the dirtiest in the world when it comes to giving corruption money to get contracts. U can see that many of these purchases make no sense at all. Steatlh frigates? P-3C Orion anti submarine planes? By having a big military budget, the PAP can justify the set up of many chiak liao bee orgs. to park their cronies and sychophants. e.g. DSTA, ST Eng, DSO, etc. Is the RSAF so incompetent that they need the DSTA to select the F-15SG for them?