• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Facebookers grill Tony Tan on his white horse son's NS stint

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Netizens allege Tony Tan helped son escape NS
inSing.com Editor
InSing.com

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">Netizens question Dr Tony Tan on his Facebook page. (Pic / Internet)</cite>
A netizen has openly questioned the integrity of presidential candidate Dr Tony Tan on his Facebook page.

In a post dated 27 July, netizen "Jessica Tan" wrote, "Elected President candidate Dr Tony Tan helped his son to escape military National Service. He had arranged for his son to do civilian work (research work at National Cancer Center) and be paid NS salary. It is legally right but morally wrong.'...can Dr Tony Tan verify the above statement?"

Dr Tan posted a response to "Jessica Tan", saying that she is mistaken. He goes on to explain that his son attended Basic Military Training, Officer Cadet School, and disrupted his National Service to attend an overseas medical school. His son was then assigned to become a defence medical scientist and performed research at the National Cancer Centre.

Dr Tan goes on to explain that his son received an NSman's salary and "fulfilled all requirements of NS such as IPPT and in-camp training".

In response, another netizen "Mohammad Nizam TransformingPap" comments, "Then it is very strange. I also disrupted from NS, I took up a PSC (Public Service Commission) scholarship and did my Master of Science in Biological Sciences".

He continues, "I was sent to mop floors at a sick bay after that, as a medic for 11 months. I wonder why your son has such treatment, whereas for me, I can't do research in the defence lab, instead, I had to mop floors".

"I wonder why. Is it because my father is a road sweeper, and my mom is a housewife? I really wonder if it is because my mother is not a graduate?"

The indignant netizen adds that together with a fellow doctor (who served NS as a combat Medical Officer), they are both
not aware that disruptions are possible for overseas medical studies. "Only local", he explained.

In addition, he says there is also no such vocation as a defence medical scientist.

He finished off by asking, "Is this fair? "

Another netizen "Paul Tan" agreed and
reasoned that this is because the above netizen is "not Dr TT's son".

Dr Tony Tan served as Singapore's Deputy Prime Minister from 1995 to 2005. He was also Defence Minister until 2003.

Dr Tan's son, Dr Patrick Tan, was a research scientist at the Defence Medical Research Institute from 2000 to 2003. In the same resume available online, he was also a senior scientist at the National Cancer Centre from 2000 to 2002, and the centre's principal investigator from 2002 to 2006.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is this the first time u hear of sons of ministers being treated specially? The entire system is based on this. How about some person that became a BG at 31 yrs of age is it cos his father was the PM of sg at that time?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tony Tan's image has been tarnished. He must be regretting now...why itchy backside want to stand for Presidency ? The Kangaroo courts will not touch you, but the Cyberspace courts will tear you into pieces.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Father and son trying to cover each other's backsides but in the end both are fucked!!!

Good for these 2 Father Son clowns..

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tony Tan's image has been tarnished. He must be regretting now...why itchy backside want to stand for Presidency ? The Kangaroo courts will not touch you, but the Cyberspace courts will tear you into pieces.

I don't think he had a choice. Getting less money, less freedom, etc and he certainly does NOT need the job and the shit. He is there for a purpose - to serve at the behest of the FamiLEE. One term, to sort things out.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
is this the first time u hear of sons of ministers being treated specially? The entire system is based on this. How about some person that became a BG at 31 yrs of age is it cos his father was the PM of sg at that time?

This true strength of this whitest of white horse will soon be revealed.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cedric Foo said, "there is no such thing as White Horse..."

Well, what has he got to say now? White Horse gets no special benefits? Who is he kidding?

The length these MIWs would go to and goreng is AMAZING. But not surprising. All birds of the same feathers under the LEE flock.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alternatively, 40% grill the 60% of the voters. cockeyes:.

You've probably heard that there's a climate of fear among Sporeans.

60% are not the elites, maybe 3% to 5% :confused: Many are just scared Sporeans who are afraid of losing their glc/gov't jobs, small business owners afraid of trouble from the PAP gov't, those with loans with DBS, those waiting for HDB units, etc

With more Sporeans suffering, I expect more of these 60% to join the 40% by the next GE. If you look at history, all dictatorships eventually fall :rolleyes:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tony Tan's name kana dragged through m&d. Nowadays anyone associated with PAP dogs will be screw-tinized! Aiyo Tony Tan so rich liao, still wanna run for President. So much money can spend in the afterlife?

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Salute to Jessica and all who grill TT on his face book.
PAP think they want to get fight back in cyber space, I'm sure they regret it like shit now, cyberspace is the despot slayer, one by one they will crash in flames....

wow liao this gal Jessica got balls of steel ah!! dare to challenge TT haha hope she joins opposition like Nicole Seah ... :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiya..i already know some people who will die die vote TT despite what has happened...they will gloss over this "little episode"as a smear.

personally, with or without this episode, i won't be voting for him anyways.