• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Town Councils have more than S$ 5 BILLION dollars of sinking funds !!

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to Channel News Asia, this represents 0.6 per cent of the total funds available for investments. (PAP) Town councils can invest up to 35 per cent of their sinking funds in corporate bonds and equities.

Now, Grace Fu did not specify if this 0.6 per cent refers to the combined funds of the two mentioned Town Councils or the total funds from all the 14 PAP Town Councils.

Assuming she is referring to the latter, doing a simple arithmetic calculation will give a sum of S$2 billion dollars made available for investment purposes.

If this amount indeed represents 35 per cent of the funds allowed for investment, this means that the total amount of funds the Town Council had at their disposal is a staggering S$5.71 billion dollars !!

Read full article and watch video here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/17/p...n-s-5-billion-dollars-in-their-sinking-funds/

helicopview

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to Channel News Asia, this represents 0.6 per cent of the total funds available for investments. (PAP) Town councils can invest up to 35 per cent of their sinking funds in corporate bonds and equities.

Now, Grace Fu did not specify if this 0.6 per cent refers to the combined funds of the two mentioned Town Councils or the total funds from all the 14 PAP Town Councils.

Assuming she is referring to the latter, doing a simple arithmetic calculation will give a sum of S$2 billion dollars made available for investment purposes.

If this amount indeed represents 35 per cent of the funds allowed for investment, this means that the total amount of funds the Town Council had at their disposal is a staggering S$5.71 billion dollars !!

Read full article and watch video here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/17/p...n-s-5-billion-dollars-in-their-sinking-funds/

Oh no..my money is there!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why are you so surprised on this amount of money? You think its a lot?
I read the other thread on Temasek writing off xx billions due to financial crisis. 40% wiped off from asiasentinel website.

Temasek has lots more reserve. Temasek is a lot more richer than most of you think it is. :p Even lose 50 billion is just a small fraction percentage of it.

helicopview

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are you so surprised on this amount of money? You think its a lot?
I read the other thread on Temasek writing off xx billions due to financial crisis. 40% wiped off from asiasentinel website.

Temasek has lots more reserve. Temasek is a lot more richer than most of you think it is. :p Even lose 50 billion is just a small fraction percentage of it.

I was reading it when u r writing yours. Anyway, it shows how much money they draw from our 'bank' every month.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was reading it when u r writing yours. Anyway, it shows how much money they draw from our 'bank' every month.

It just shows that when the govt lose money from investments, a lot of people make noise. When the govt make money from investments, a lot of people keep quiet.
There will be another group that says, govt make money, because they suck from us people. Aiya, whatever lah. Any scenario also got people think. I just want to say is, govt reserve is much much more than what people think there is.
Do we term it as thrillions or zillions?:p

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will continue to pay my majority of the GST taxes to Kevin Rudd and Colin Barnett, thank you very much.

The PAP, on the other hand, don't deserve any comment. To do so is to honour them and their behaviour.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was shocked when I heard the news, unfortunately pappy did not disclose exactly how much in dollar was lost. Pappy just give a small percentage to make it sounds like the amount invested is trivial.

If they are willing to be transparent about it by tellin us in dollar value, add all the millions dollars loss from all the TCs under pappy, the total sum can be quite substantial and scary. These are all the monies wasted which can be used to help the poor who cannot afford to pay conservancy fee or rent a flat.

I am afraid to say our HDB conservancy fee is likely to increase soon to cover all the losses made by TC stupid people.

sage

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder very gloomy economy painted by gahment and media lately, that it will take several years to recovery. It is in fact multiple organs failure.

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal
The country's name took on a seried of evolution over the centuries:
Tumasik (temasek) > Shio-nan To > Singa-pura > Singapore (Singa-pour)

Soon, they might as well rename it: Singa-POOR > Sink-a-pore