• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Worst Accountant in the World" prize goes to this Malaysian girl

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dream wedding loan boomerangs into financial nightmare for accountant

ann.jpg

By News Desk in Johor Baru/The Star | ANN – Fri, Jul 1, 2011

Johor Baru (The Star/ANN) - She first borrowed 3,000 ringgit from an Ah Long (loan shark) to finance her dream wedding.

But it soon turned into a nightmare as she ended up borrowing from 22 other Ah Long as well while trying to cover her loans and the loan amount snowballed to 40,000 ringgit.

The Malaysian accountant, who only wanted to be known as Azura, 29, initially borrowed 3,000 ringgit from one Ah Long in November.

When she did not have the money to pay, she resorted to borrowing from another Ah Long and then another, until the situation got out of control.
"The 23 Ah Long have been harassing me since December, and threatened to splash paint over my house," she said, adding that she had lodged a police report over the matter.

She said she borrowed a maximum of 1,000 ringgit from each Ah Long and had paid a total of 15,000 ringgit in interest, but this was still not enough to settle her debts.

Azura decided to come clean with her husband over her sticky financial situation and also sought help from Johor Baru Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) Public Complaints Bureau deputy chairman Michael Tay.

Her husband agreed to use the 20,000 ringgit he will be receiving at the end of the month to help settle the loans, while his brother will also chip in by selling off his lorry for 10,000 ringgit.

"The case once again shows the consequences of borrowing money from Ah Long and I urge the public to learn a lesson from this episode," Tay said.

Nusajaya police department chief Supt Abdul Aziz Ahmad confirmed that police reports had been lodged and said police had conducted investigations but it was a civil matter.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
fucking slut ..borrow money never return still dare to lodged a police report ....hope her ah longs are reading this ...

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow.. This reminds me of my former neighborhood buddy who in the past had a habit of spending things that he could not afford... The bugger borrowed from 1 Ah Long then borrowed again from another 5 Ah longs when he could not keep up his payment to the first Ah Long.. Its like a cycle.. Borrowing from 1 Ah Long leads him to another one and in the end he ended up owing money to 6 Ah Longs.. In desperation he borrowed money from many people in the neighborhood.. Many of his friends shunned him and even his parents stopped helping him with his debts.. Every week these Ah longs would create different masterpieces of their art on his front door and gate.. They really drove him crazy and in the end he was admitted to the IMH for treatment..

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wow.. This reminds me of my former neighborhood buddy who in the past had a habit of spending things that he could not afford... The bugger borrowed from 1 Ah Long then borrowed again from another 5 Ah longs when he could not keep up his payment to the first Ah Long.. Its like a cycle.. Borrowing from 1 Ah Long leads him to another one and in the end he ended up owing money to 6 Ah Longs.. In desperation he borrowed money from many people in the neighborhood.. Many of his friends shunned him and even his parents stopped helping him with his debts.. Every week these Ah longs would create different masterpieces of their art on his front door and gate.. They really drove him crazy and in the end he was admitted to the IMH for treatment..

your former neighour very smart ..ke siao to avoid payment ....if im the ah long ..i wll ask my men to ke siao and send them to IMH and whack him ...when a siao person whack another siao person theres no crime :wink:

Last edited:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Borrow RM$3000 can get what kind of dream wedding? Not even enough for photoshoot!