• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

will you vote for scroobal, if he contest in the presidential election?

will you vote for scroobal, if he contest in the presidential election

• Total voters

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
All presidential candidates are good, says Chan Chun Sing
By Evelyn Choo | Posted: 25 June 2011 2219 hrs
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="260"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="20"> </td> <td align="right" width="240">
phpq7ulnq.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="60" valign="top"> </td> <td class="update" height="80" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="138">Photos </td> <td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="47">1 of 1</td> <td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> <td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="19"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" type="image" width="19"></td> <td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Major-General Chan Chun Sing</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td class="update"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td> <table style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cccccc" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="240"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" width="100%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="topic" valign="top"> Video </td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#CCCCCC" valign="top">
shim.gif
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top" width="40%">
phpq7ulnq.jpg

</td> <td class="bodytext" align="left" valign="top" width="60%"> All presidential candidates are good, says Chan Chun Sing</td></tr></tbody></table></td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" background="/images/dotline_240.gif" valign="top">
shim.gif
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="510"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="4"><hr align="left" color="#dddddd" size="1" width="510"></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4" height="30" valign="middle" width="510">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"><hr align="left" color="#dddddd" size="1" width="510"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>

SINGAPORE: Major General Chan Chun Sing said it does not matter whether any of this year's candidates for the presidential elections is endorsed by the People's Action Party government.

The Acting Minister for Community Development Youth and Sports was commenting on the sidelines of the National Family Carnival.

He said all the men who have stepped forward so far are good candidates and it is up to the people to decide.

MG Chan said: "I think it's not so much of whether the government endorses any of the candidates, I think it's for the people to choose who they think can best represent our country as head of state.

"We have very good candidates this time round and I think each of them have their own credentials, which everybody can judge for themselves and come to their own conclusion."

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a start, you might want to:

a. form an association to help people buy their HDB homes
b. collect 101,000 signatures
c. don't ask yr wife, yr frens, GMS to pick up yr app form
d. write as many letters to the Press as possible
e. give everyone a disarming smile and claim that everyone else is better than you and you do not mind standing down if there are enough players
f. say that you are just trying to please as many people as possible, no hidden agendas
g. declare that you have not been a PAP member for even 30 secs

I would not even vote for myself why would I ask others to vote for me.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to mention

1. I have to wait for GMS to persuade me to run
2. Find not very smart people to write in support of me in the social media
3. Say that I am prepared to lose even before the writ is issued
4. That I can't tell the difference between criticism and smears
5. keep digging a deeper hole as I go along.

e. give everyone a disarming smile and claim that everyone else is better than you and you do not mind standing down if there are enough players
f. say that you are just trying to please as many people as possible, no hidden agendas

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has to ask his master in the PMO for permission first. This 1st hand information chap is too clever for EP.

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
False and malicious smears

There is a person who has posted several malicious statements about me in several websites under a pen name. He had accused me of many inappropriate behavior, including mishandling a case of a long serving employee who was traumatized by a "TKL favored manager". Several of his statements were false and I had rebutted them in the website.

I found out later the real name of a person who was making similar accusations against me in Tan Cheng Bock's facebook.

From the statements, I guessed the identity of the "TKL favored manager". I asked him if he knew about the case and gave him the name of the accuser. He recognized the name immediately as the boy friend of an employee who had worked under him, and who had accused him of mistreating his girl friend, who was transferred to his department and had performed badly. He could not remember what had happened to that case, but confirmed that the complaint was handled by the general manager of the division.

This was a case that I did not deal with personally - as there are people in the line of authority who were responsible to deal with the matter. The accuser must have felt very angry over this matter and is now spreading malicious smears against my character in several websites and circulating the smears widely by e-mail. He was not even an employee of NTUC Income, but he made many detailed statements that appeared to the public to be the grievances of a former employee.

A few people told me that their friends had received the e-mail and had a bad impression of me through the accusations. One person said, "there is no smoke without fire". This is the damage that can be caused by malicious lies.

When Tang Lian Hong said that some people were "liars", he was sued so extensively that he had to flee Singapore. I do not object if someone called me a liar (which is just an opinion), but the smears against me by this person (and I know his identity now) is many times more serious and malicious. I have to consider taking legal action against him when I find the time later on to gather the appropriate evidence.

Tan Kin Lian

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Tang Lian Hong said that some people were "liars", he was sued so extensively that he had to flee Singapore. I do not object if someone called me a liar (which is just an opinion), but the smears against me by this person (and I know his identity now) is many times more serious and malicious. I have to consider taking legal action against him when I find the time later on to gather the appropriate evidence.

Tan Kin Lian

Getting interesting and exciting, a presidential contest followed by a lawsuit. Get the beer and tidbits ready. :biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) yes, i will vote for him

2) no lah, he is the No:1 sabor king

3) are you sure he qualify?

if screwball rule sgp, he would implement another law. the law of BANNING. those who disagree with him shall be banished, exile and ban permanently fr singapore. their singaporean citizenship shall be stripped and they shall be whipped publicly before deported to Pulau tekong permanently. and yes, he would start to breed hungry man-eating sharks to keep those he banned restricted in tekong.

that's screwball - same same tyrant mentality like chee soon juan should he be given power and authority to rule.