• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT FT CEO can finally take the train to her mudland home

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE-JB LINK TO BE INTEGRATED WITH NEW LINE

392afp_mrt.jpg

SINGAPORE, June 16 (Bernama) -- The proposed Rapid Transit System link
between Singapore and Johor Bahru will be integrated with the upcoming Thompson Line, which will be completely automatic and underground.

The point of integration will be the northernmost terminal station now being
planned for the Thompson Line, the Singapore Land Transport Authority said
today.

The authority said in a statement that the site for the Thompson Line depot
was gazetted today after extensive engineering studies.

The depot will house the operations control centre and provide stabling and
maintenance facilities for Thomson Line trains. Construction of the
depot is due to start at the end of 2012.

The authority said the Thompson Line, the sixth mass rapid transit line in
Singapore, is part of plans to develop a comprehensive rail network system to
meet future travel needs.

-- BERNAMA

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it Thomson or Thopmson Line? Bernama? Salah nama!! Can we Top Up Ezlink in JB & pay in Ringgit??:biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Means that MRT can only connect to KTM only 2018. Am I right to say that? So MRT to Johor will have to wait long long lor...

jw5

Loyal
Ladies will have to do nude squats at the JB MRT station.

The phrase is, to quote forummer Jah Rastafar I:

"Singkie bitches need to do nude squats!" :biggrin:

But card carrying female members of sammyboy forums like cathylmg no need lah. :o

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have u guys ever seen the conditions of some of the SMART buses? Though they are ac, but other than that, it seems like the interior are the buses of 1980s...

jw5

Loyal
I doubt "cathy" is really a lady lah.

She is lah bro, I'm quite confident.
Just read her posts, mainly in the Living In JB thread.
Did the same analysis for lolabunny.
Talks like one, thinks like one, writes like one, MUST be one. :biggrin:

Or just by the way she keeps saying "my hubby this", 'my hubby that". :o
No male, even someone impersonating a female, would ever say that. :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fuck man...it will be like Luohu station at the Hong kong - China border - fucking chaotic and hotbed for crimes.

jw5

Loyal
fuck man...it will be like Luohu station at the Hong kong - China border - fucking chaotic and hotbed for crimes.

It is indeed chaotic.
Once, I walked from the KCR station from Shenzhen to HK side and was accosted by at least 5 conmen.
It's almost as if you have to keep your hand on your wallet and passport and tie the luggage to yourself while walking.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is indeed chaotic.
Once, I walked from the KCR station from Shenzhen to HK side and was accosted by at least 5 conmen.
It's almost as if you have to keep your hand on your wallet and passport and tie the luggage to yourself while walking.

When was this bro? When I travelling the HK/China region back in 04/05, I was quite comfortable crossing the border by my own.

However I've heard many bad things about Louhu station from other travellers. Begger gangs, deformed children, pimps etc... Could it have been cleaned up since?

jw5

Loyal
When was this bro? When I travelling the HK/China region back in 04/05, I was quite comfortable crossing the border by my own.

However I've heard many bad things about Louhu station from other travellers. Begger gangs, deformed children, pimps etc... Could it have been cleaned up since?

It was around 06 or 07. Not been there in the last 2 years, so maybe it's cleaned up now.
It wasn't uncomfortable if you are experienced and have your wits around you, but if you are a first time traveller, it would be very annoying and nervy. Didn't encounter deformed children or pimps, but the beggars could have been part of gangs, never stopped to find out.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was around 06 or 07. Not been there in the last 2 years, so maybe it's cleaned up now.
It wasn't uncomfortable if you are experienced and have your wits around you, but if you are a first time traveller, it would be very annoying and nervy. Didn't encounter deformed children or pimps, but the beggars could have been part of gangs, never stopped to find out.

==

its still as scary...its looks ok on the HK side, once u cross the bridge over the longkang or river - u see the vast difference. Groups of men hanging around doing nothing...u seem to feel eyes looking at you.

n u cross over to the shopping centre nearby,..hor say....its cowboy land...

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Oh..? i was there earlier.. in 04/05.. so it become worse. I always made it a point to catch a train back to HK or go back to my hotel before dark. I heard too many stories to take risks.

It is generally not advisable to go there before chinese new year. A lot of the country pumpkins go to Shenzhen to rob/steal/kidnap for new year money.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have u guys ever seen the conditions of some of the SMART buses? Though they are ac, but other than that, it seems like the interior are the buses of 1980s...

Are you referring to the SBS buses number 170? Those are the buses plying between Spore & M'ysia. These are the really old buses which leaks when it rains:smile:

The Malaysian Translink buses linking Spore with M'yisa are new & more comfortable but are less popular because you have to pay cash unlike the SBS buses.