• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Now I Finally Understand What The Yellow Arrows At The MRT Are For!

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
I couldn't resist taking this pic at admiralty today... I know this isn't STOMP, but what the heck... now I know what the yellow arrow pointing outward from the platform is for - it's for the aunties to know exactly where to stand and board the train to cause the most amount of problems for people getting off the train - that's it, one foot either side of the yellow line... wow, what was I thinking all these years? - never could work out the meaning of the arrows before now. :biggrin: BTW - that's my little baby boy's feet to the left of the pic (in the pram).

mrtarrows2.jpg

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
singaporeans are the smartest and most educated people in the world....a world class society with a first world education...hahalelujah!!!

Antisocial

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for leeminding us sinkees where to stand. soon sinkees will have to stand on the tracks because of too many FTs in the peesai land. :mad:

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I couldn't resist taking this pic at admiralty today... I know this isn't STOMP, but what the heck... now I know what the yellow arrow pointing outward from the platform is for - it's for the aunties to know exactly where to stand and board the train to cause the most amount of problems for people getting off the train - that's it, one foot either side of the yellow line... wow, what was I thinking all these years? - never could work out the meaning of the arrows before now. :biggrin: BTW - that's my little baby boy's feet to the left of the pic (in the pram).

mrtarrows2.jpg

so stale ... not witty leh

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal

mrtarrows2.jpg

You should visit Yishun from 7am - 9am from Mon - Fri, who are those ppl standing right at the middle of that yellow arrow.

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lighten up people... just a bit of fun. I'm not picking on any particular country - not all Aunties are SGpean... I see people standing in the middle every morning - all races, all ages... this one just amused me today coz the rest of the platform was empty. Phew... :confused:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh, you spoke too soon. When the train arrives and stops, auntie will turn around and walk in the direction of the arrow! Now you know. And those alighting the train will follow her in an orderly fashion.

Cheers!

mrtarrows2.jpg

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

mrtarrows2.jpg

Sadly Singapore was so different about 12 years ago. Its would have been rare sight in those days. And I mean right across life in Singapore. And if you had a kid on a pram, you would have had priviledges.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Sadly Singapore was so different about 12 years ago. Its would have been rare sight in those days. And I mean right across life in Singapore. And if you had a kid on a pram, you would have had priviledges.

population density does affect the organisms' behavior.

with overcrowding that would be more pronounced in the years to come, i'd expect more people to become more violent, more irritable, less friendly, less humane... :eek::eek::eek:

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normally i will see the age of the person, if he or she is an elderly person, i can understand it, because thats how they have lived in the past, not much of queueing.

If they are not, normally when i am with my kids, i will tell my son loudly, kids, please stand behind the yellow line and queue, it is not right to block the entrance. sometime some of them will feel embarass and move to other entrance. Of course i have to switch to mandarin when they are PRC, but they seems to be immune to it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

with overcrowding that would be more pronounced in the years to come, i'd expect more people to become more violent, more irritable, less friendly, less humane... :eek::eek::eek:
Do agree. It will be interesting to watch society slowing breaking up. Usually, society will progress, graciousness will start seeping etc.

The LHL effect - more people and more cars. The survival of the fittest.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
sporeans take heart that the SG MRTs are of certain quality and standard.

now everyday when i commute to work via QLD train, i see graffitti, busted aircon, late trains and jammed packed passengers. some chaps will munch on foods in the trains etc.

dont be too spoilt by MRT hor.

jw5

Loyal

It's already happening. :(

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey ocker, go back to your country

mrtarrows2.jpg

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
its just a pic of a fugly rear of a woman. maybe the idiot standing there is an FT? maybe is 1 of those fugly PRC pdmm? or maybe is baby hippo from the pee-lee-penis.

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a beri slow learner,no wonder it takes great effort to draw people to read wat you write.

HeHeHe,PAP attracts beri stupuid people,as usual