• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAP Grassroots members behave like “kings”..

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Grassroots members behave like “kings”..</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89_ <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>May-25 8:01 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 7) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>51655.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>Grassroots members behave like “kings” in BG Tan’s MPS

PostDateIcon.png
May 26th, 2011 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions |
PostEditIcon.png
Edit

Dear editors,
I’m writing in not to complain but to express my feelings for Singaporeans after what I saw last night at ‘meet the people’s session’ with BG Tan Chuan Jin.
1st incident
Last night they issued up to 200 Q numbers. And I saw grassroots members helping their friends or relatives cutting the Q. With more than 100 over Singaporeans waiting in front of them, they managed to have priority just because their relatives or friends is a grassroots member. Shouldn’t it be on a first come first serve basis? What’s the point of Q-ing up then ?
2nd incident
We saw an old man being chased away during the session by a ‘Mr Huang’ who claimed that he was the IC of the ‘meet the people’s session’. What happened was that the old man had been Q-ing for almost 3 hours before he got the chance to register. They told him he stayed in ‘LORONG AH SOO’ and was not under the GRC of BG Tan. I believed BG Tan wasn’t aware of this incident.
Mr Huang shouted in front of all the residents waiting along the void deck in Chinese, “I’m the in-charge here. Mr Tan Chuan Jin doesn’t wish to see you today because you don’t belong here. You should go to your GRC MP. And even if you go to AMK to see PM LEE, they will tell you the same thing.”
Yes we know BG Tan is the MP for Marine Parade GRC but does that mean that he is only appointed to serve the residents there and not any other Singaporeans? Shouldn’t we give the old man a chance to see what he wanted to say rather than chase him away, considering the fact that the old man had waited for 3 hours? May be he has an issue with HDB and needed BG Tan for help ?
Thanks
From a normal Singaporean

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
grassloot leechers always think they are more high class. a lot of them are mp wannabe. many pap mp not around during mps, all these mp wannabe will behave like mp to scold those down and out people who come and ask for help like what the mp will do during the mps. anyway now only wayang and initial part only. pap mp usually not around during mps. we can monitor how long pap mp will do this every week. sooner or later all will never turn up for mps and let those mp wannabe scold people again. :biggrin: :mad: :oIo:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No1 this has often happened, so why ruin a good thing? Let the PAP keep it up and the voters to decide again in 5 years time

No 2 I am afraid the PAP grassroot is right, Lorong Ah Soo is under CSM's care, why did the old man went to TCJ. So in a way, he went to the wrong place and got ridiculed for it

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, this old man is also an opportunist. He is in Aljunied GRC but yet look for a PAP MP. He probably thought that PAP got a bigger 'push' than WP.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng ever suan a caokun(grassroot草根)-leader, "jia cao kah hoe (eat grass better) lah!":biggrin:
then he replied, "cao also botak liao lah!":biggrin:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, this old man is also an opportunist. He is in Aljunied GRC but yet look for a PAP MP. He probably thought that PAP got a bigger 'push' than WP.

He voted PAP cannot? Alujunied less than 60% voted WP, why he cannot see the party he voted for? Just because he minority? KNN "racist"!

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal
He voted PAP cannot? Alujunied less than 60% voted WP, why he cannot see the party he voted for? Just because he minority? KNN "racist"!

It is the principle of respecting the MP that was elected fairly and chosen by the majority. Anyway, it is about seeing the MP that is in-charge of his area, not just anybody.

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah sad to say. They behave like Mafia sometimes. During the walk-around or was walk-about during GE, I sway sway reach home 'in-time' for my MP to visit. I quickly ran into the Hse (I seriously dun 1 2 see him) and just as I was abt to close my door. A Huge bear used his hand to tahan my door. Then he said," Open the door, xxx is coming!" Then he asked me what is my name, which I told him, he has no right to know. Then as he was abt to get angry, the xxx came to say hi and bye.( heng ah all done within 5 secs)
My neighbour told me the way they knocked the door machiam Ah Loong!!! :s

Last edited: