• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ha Ha Ha! Only Ah Neh will launch 6.5 years old Out Dated SGP made micro satellite

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
So fucked up! Most space countries dumped away their out-dated satellites before 6.5 years. And that is what PAP used our tax dollars for their DSO so called Scientists to make. It is so fucked up only Ah Neh will launch it for PAP for god knows how many billions.

So fucked up that the colors are so wrong, Red for vegetation and Green for concrete buildings when it should be the reversed! :mad::eek::oIo:

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Science+%26+Tech/Story/A1Story20110525-280504.html

First images from S'pore-made satellite
my paper
Wed, May 25, 2011

By Lei Jiahui

THE image on the right was among the first few captured by the first Singapore-made micro-satellite that blasted into space on April 20.
20110525.093358_satellite.jpg

It shows Singapore, with the red parts representing vegetation and the green parts representing concrete structures.

The image, among others, was unveiled to reporters at a press conference held at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) yesterday.

The satellite, called X-Sat, was fully developed and built by some 40 researchers and engineers from NTU and national defence-research institute DSO National Laboratories over a period of about 61/2 years.

It was launched in India, riding on a rocket owned by the Indian Space Research Organisation. The first set of images was received on May 5.

Associate Professor Low Kay Soon said that the images - which were captured at a height of 800km - can help scientists monitor soil erosion and environmental changes.

"This could be a useful database for future applications," added Prof Low, who is the director of NTU's Satellite Research Centre. The images are made possible by a remote sensing camera that is fitted onto the X-Sat.

A model of the X-Sat will be on display at Science Centre Singapore from tomorrow till June 27.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Ha Ha Ha! Only Ah Neh will launch 6.5 years old Out Dated SGP made micro satellit

lianbeng says, "not bad lah even small red dot also got rocket to outerspace." :biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Ha Ha Ha! Only Ah Neh will launch 6.5 years old Out Dated SGP made micro satellit

this is pap way of giving under table money for their dogs.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiyah... like that then SG can look like a red dot on the satellite image mah... we are not called little red dot for nothing

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why?:confused::confused: I can google this for free! :mad:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why?:confused::confused: I can google this for free! :mad:

Different... this is Made in Singapore... Malaysia can build Proton (outdated cars) Singapore can build outdated satellite

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Different... this is Made in Singapore... Malaysia can build Proton (outdated cars) Singapore can build outdated satellite

Singapore very smart... issue C.O.E....:biggrin:

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal

lianbeng says, "not bad lah even small red dot also got rocket to outerspace." :biggrin:

No rocket. It was Indian rocket not ours.

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I was wondering why red for vegetation until I saw your reply. Hence, red for vegetation is appropriate to made the image red.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I was wondering why red for vegetation until I saw your reply. Hence, red for vegetation is appropriate to made the image red.

lianbeng says some people seee3 red. :biggrin: