• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS should step down as Sec-Gen of NSP

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng has turned out to be an average candidate.

Even having experience of 2 elections, his rally speeches are at best average. His team mates Reno Fong and Syafarin Sarif spoke better and could connect with the crowd better.

As Sec-Gen, GMS had proved that he seriously lacked the savvy of a politician and discipline when he ranted in his blog (not once but twice) about WP wanting to contest Moulmein-Kallang GRC. Even when he came out and said he had posted under his personal capacity, everyone knew his immature motives.

His live debating skills are not impressive. Even when debating his favourite housing topic on TV, he fumbled and did not spoke coherently.

There are of course plus points GMS deserves. He singlehandedly floored Michael Palmer on TV (on the need for GRC) is memorable. He also managed to attract ex-RP's candidates like Tony, Hazel and Nicole.

Just like making a movie, there are those in front of the camera and many behind the camera. GMS has tried his chances in front of the camera and it did not turn out too impressive. He should now go behind the camera where he could contribute more.

It is best that he retreats to the background as council member and helps out like Tan Chee Kian.

Just like the recent Eric Tan episode where the candidate shows his true colours and puts self before party, we would want to see whether GMS puts the better good of the party before his personal ambition to become MP and retreat to the background.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng has turned out to be an average candidate.

Even having experience of 2 elections, his rally speeches are at best average. His team mates Reno Fong and Syafarin Sarif spoke better and could connect with the crowd better.

As Sec-Gen, GMS had proved that he seriously lacked the savvy of a politian and discipline when he ranted in his blog (not once but twice) about WP wanting to contest Moulmein-Kallang GRC. Even when he came out and said he had posted under his personal capacity, everyone knew his immature motives.

His live debating skills are not impressive. Even when debating his favourite housing topic on TV, he fumbled and did not spoke coherently.

There are of course plus points GMS deserves. He singlehandedly floored Michael Palmer on TV (on the need for GRC) is memorable. He also managed to attract ex-RP's candidates like Tony, Hazel and Nicole.

Just like making a movie, there are those in front of the camera and many behind the camera. GMS has tried his chances in front of the camera and it did not turn out too impressive. He should now go behind the camera where he could contribute more.

It is best that he retreats to the background as council member and helps out like Tan Chee Kian.

Just like the recent Eric Tan episode where the candidate shows his true colours and puts self before party, we would want to see whether GMS puts the better good of the party before his personal ambition to become MP and retreat to the background.

Who to take over? Nicole?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am afraid that I will have to disappoint you because I am still the SG of NSP until the party Congress is called for a vote for new CEC.

Goh Meng Seng

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am afraid that I will have to disappoint you because I am still the SG of NSP until the party Congress is called for a vote for new CEC.

Goh Meng Seng
Please resign and act as advisor, i dun vote for a candidate with sggirls.com account!!! Everytime I think of NSP, i will think of you and mark my words, when people tell me about NSP, i will tell them what type of secretary general NSP has.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is not up to me, up to party Congress. But at this moment, I will surely have some important task for her.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
There is nothing wrong with it. This is according to Party Constitution, just as a country has to be ruled according to Nation's Constitution.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Hindsight is always 101%. :smile:

I don't remember anyone recommending or crying out loud to get Nicole to stand for elections. But I did, not only once but twice. Nobody believes that Marine Parade is a good ground and Uncle Goh is not that popular that many make him out to be. I even told reporters that Uncle Goh's popularity is a myth even before nomination day... of course, they didn't dare to report. :smile:

Anyone of you dare to predict a 35% to 40% for opposition team contesting in Marine Parade prior to nomination day? I did and I told Nicole and friends. Naturally, disbelief was the rule of the day.

Of course, NSP team performs much better than my predictions and the rest is history.

That is the difference between hindsight and foresight.

Goh Meng Seng

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah seng, well done for the last GE.

Whatever the results was, you put up a credible fight. Don't be disheartened. To be honest, you have come very far since 2006. It has always been an uphill battle to contest against a PAP GRC. Win or lose, you have put a dent in the PAP's armour.

I will quote you 2 things you have done well in your political career so far. Firstly the minister-target strategy was a good idea. Mah bo chee was dodging all questions and cooking up figures during the campaign. Unfortunately he had the States times on his side and did not publish the rebuttals from the public. You only needed more time.

The other thing you got right was using you own name on the internet. Today, even LHL see the importance of engaging voters online. I think you should keep doing that in another platform like FB to engage the public.

Anyway, all the best in whatever you decide to do next.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Ah seng, well done for the last GE.

Whatever the results was, you put up a credible fight. Don't be disheartened. To be honest, you have come very far since 2006. It has always been an uphill battle to contest against a PAP GRC. Win or lose, you have put a dent in the PAP's armour.

I will quote you 2 things you have done well in your political career so far. Firstly the minister-target strategy was a good idea. Mah bo chee was dodging all questions and cooking up figures during the campaign. Unfortunately he had the States times on his side and did not publish the rebuttals from the public. You only needed more time.

The other thing you got right was using you own name on the internet. Today, even LHL see the importance of engaging voters online. I think you should keep doing that in another platform like FB to engage the public.

Anyway, all the best in whatever you decide to do next.

Thank you Rogue. The only regret I have is that I wasn't able to convince other people of my visions in putting one strong punch...

Goh Meng Seng

Ilovelamb

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng, do you dare to show this video to ur party congress b4 they cast the vote?:wink::biggrin:

"Originally Posted by axthehale View Post
bro NamQiong,

don worry abt wat other ppl said. take good care of yrself. u worked doubly hard, sometimes until early hrs passed midnight!

BTW, have u seen the latest scandal?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NLXJESKZ

wld it make its way to the local media again?"

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Credit where credit is due, I believe GMS as SG has delivered the best set of results in NSP history. On hindsight, yes agreed it's hindsight, NS might not have been so effectively in Tampines after all as many people imagined. Both NS and TPL might have ended up being attacked together instead of a NS v TPL match that NS won so overwhelmingly.

Last edited:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mah mor chee , du soo kor wei du tor dia mah toy seh , du tong bo yia leat Mah B T.
Du lao hui bo ? Du tia sway hai nam nang bo ?

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Your reply actually lends full support to my notion that you lack the savvy of a politician. I forgot to mention the undisguised arrogance.

The more appropriate response would be "Thank you for your comments. The appointment of the SG will be decided when the party Congress is called." or something non confrontational and neutral.

You seriously need to go for intense PR training. Maybe Nicole could help you.

Last edited: