• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Mis-steps Continue - LHL Leadership Crumbling?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let me count the ways......

In any major organisation, when top people like CEO, CFO etc resign, it is the ORGANISATION which issues the information. Here in the House Divided, you have GY and his Merry Man and Woman holding their own press conferences, telling the world they are quitting, with nary a word from Organisation or HLH. It was like telling LHL to take their jobs and shaft it.

Secondly, this becomes more important when BOTH the top and longest (self-)serving of the Divided House, the PM actually says he will think about it! Read
Yawning Bread's insightful dissection -

http://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/lee-hsien-loong-scores-a-nought-for-political-nous/

Thirdly, we have all sorts of headless chickens (the likes of Halimah who claims that the latest two resignations were planned!!!!) who under the guise of "transformation" and "transparency" are trying to sound intelligent but sadly (but not suprisingly) demonstrate their absolute lack of grey matter up there and lack of moral fibre. For goodness sake, did LHL not say that the latest two resignations were "under consideration"? Or is everyone now trying to tell the world that there is NO GROUPTHINK after years of collecting their million dollars with zero moral values?

Any wonder then, that as this is being posted, the blue chips of the SGX are falling like potato chips?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do find it strange as well....unless blessings have already been given for individuals to go ahead.

Now i wait with baited breath on the new CABINET.

If people like tio Sir FARK is given a promotion let alone a ministerial post, s'pore really have no more future.

PhuaTeKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have identified the main problem with their party during GE2011 - Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. :smile:

papFart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me count the ways......

In any major organisation, when top people like CEO, CFO etc resign, it is the ORGANISATION which issues the information. Here in the House Divided, you have GY and his Merry Man and Woman holding their own press conferences, telling the world they are quitting, with nary a word from Organisation or HLH. It was like telling LHL to take their jobs and shaft it.

Secondly, this becomes more important when BOTH the top and longest (self-)serving of the Divided House, the PM actually says he will think about it! Read
Yawning Bread's insightful dissection -

http://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/lee-hsien-loong-scores-a-nought-for-political-nous/

Thirdly, we have all sorts of headless chickens (the likes of Halimah who claims that the latest two resignations were planned!!!!) who under the guise of "transformation" and "transparency" are trying to sound intelligent but sadly (but not suprisingly) demonstrate their absolute lack of grey matter up there and lack of moral fibre. For goodness sake, did LHL not say that the latest two resignations were "under consideration"? Or is everyone now trying to tell the world that there is NO GROUPTHINK after years of collecting their million dollars with zero moral values?

Any wonder then, that as this is being posted, the blue chips of the SGX are falling like potato chips?

Who is this Halimah to say that their resignation was planned?
The way she speak and trying to play down this significant event , she thought she is gping to be the next woman minister?
Dream on...Halimah....dream on...

papFart

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is obvious that PM Lee is still very indecisive as a leader.

Actually, LHL has already drawn out the list of ministers for the new Cabinet last week with the MM and SM excluded in the list.

He is just giving the 2 of them face to announce their own departure from the govt. Afterall, one is his mentor and one is his father.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
All along, from the very start, I can only conclude that LHL was a reluctant PM. He has always acted and behaved as the loving, dutiful, obedient filial eldest child of the family to carry on his father's tradition and family banner. With such a domineering father, how could he escape picking up the flag? I bet my last dollar that if he had his druthers, he wld rather be a Math Professor or some nerd in a research institute. He was clearly not born with the streak to be in the rough and tumble of politics. He was simply obeying his demanding parents. Poor chap!

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, LHL has already drawn out the list of ministers for the new Cabinet last week with the MM and SM excluded in the list.

He is just giving the 2 of them face to announce their own departure from the govt. Afterall, one is his mentor and one is his father.

Regardless, it is good for Singapore with them out of the Cabinet. At the minimum, we will not need to pay them millions dollar pay cheque just for mentoring.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am not so sure about them being asked to make a joint announcement. IF, and this is a very BIG IF, this was the agreement, then the statement should have been issued concurrently by PM as well. This is the kind of stuff that spooks the stock markets.

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow seems like he had balls to stand up to his father. :p

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have identified the main problem with their party during GE2011 - Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. :smile:

Well they are bringing in 900000 more. Yesterday got fever and migraine. Went to a clinic and find it full of Indians. They will communicate with each other by shouting across the clinic. Wished I got a revolver just nice 6 bullets 6 bloody Indians.

hotjava

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extracted from Jenny Hu's posting on TR:

LHL's dilemma is that he has so many dud ministers that if he removed all of them, there's precious little left to form a government. So like it or not, when the 60% of us voted PAP back again, we implicitly accept that we will have to bite the bullet and tolerate some of these trash for another 5 years. It's then the luck of the draw who goes and who stays.

It is deplorable that the quality of each successive generation of PAP candidates and even government cadres keep plunging. Just compare the candidates from the LKY-era to the GCT-era, and then the LHL era and you will see that more and more crap is being foisted onto us. Tin Pei Ling is the culmination of a long descent down the quality curve, representing the worst of the duds. Why are so many Singaporeans so stupid and blinded to tolerate this crap???

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think Singaporeans are blind or daft. It is just that LKL has depoliticised us so much that even the Law Society is not allowed to comment on law changes and then they lament that we do not have enough talent for two teams. The lamentable fact is that it is the PAP that created the system where the approach cavaliar and cowboy-like - MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY.

But I think Singaporeans are rising to the occasion.

Extracted from Jenny Hu's posting on TR:

LHL's dilemma is that he has so many dud ministers that if he removed all of them, there's precious little left to form a government. So like it or not, when the 60% of us voted PAP back again, we implicitly accept that we will have to bite the bullet and tolerate some of these trash for another 5 years. It's then the luck of the draw who goes and who stays.

It is deplorable that the quality of each successive generation of PAP candidates and even government cadres keep plunging. Just compare the candidates from the LKY-era to the GCT-era, and then the LHL era and you will see that more and more crap is being foisted onto us. Tin Pei Ling is the culmination of a long descent down the quality curve, representing the worst of the duds. Why are so many Singaporeans so stupid and blinded to tolerate this crap???