• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What does the resignation of MM and SM mean for S'pore? Absolutely nothing.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
AND WOULD THE PAP HAVE WON MARINE PARADE WITHOUT WOODEN AS SM?
These 2 idiots should have been long gone back in 1990 and 2004 respectively. This MM and SM positions were patronage bribe positions to corruptly pay 2 useless fucks $4 million plus a year under the guise of a cabinet position. S'pore never had an SM nor MM position before, and we were doing fine. Other countries in the world do not have this position either and they havenot self destructed.
Unfortunately, nothing will change with the resignations of these 2 idiots. Business will go on as usual, and FTs will come in, housing prices will rise, etc.

The real question I want to ask is that if Wooden had resigned his SM position before the election, would the PAP have lost the Marine Parade GRC? I think its quite possible, given how narrow it was there. Its one thing for people to vote for Wooden as the SM, and its quite another for them to vote for Wooden as a regular MP.

Having said that, I can see that Gay Loong has finally grown a set of balls. I think he saw this GE as a close shave for the PAP. I think his father, with his insensitive comments, and the public revulsion over the pay he was getting to do nothing, was a political liability. I think their post election polls indicated that the public was really sick of paying his father $millions for position they don't think is necessary and to do what god knows what mentoring that has not improved their lives.

I believe he went to his father and said enough is enough. I have known some powerful people in my time, and for someone like Lee Con You, it was not as much about the money as it was about the power. For someone in power for so long to give it up, even by name, and to give up a $4 million salary is not easy at all. But I am sure that Old Goat sees the writing on the wall this time. Gecko has died, he is in early stage dementia, and appears to have suffered a mild stroke back in 2008. Also, Old Goat is comforted by the fact that he is still an MP, he is still on the PAP CEC, he is still chair of the GIC, he is still on the board of many international businesses, GLCs, and NGOs, etc. In other words, he is still very much active.

Will Old Goat still try to pull the strings behind the scene. yes. For sure. Will Gay Loong be less inclined to listen to him, probably, as he is no longer in any govt. capacity. What does it mean for sinkies, nothing. If Old Goat was really serious about a regeneration, than the entire cabinet has to resign too. And if the he was serious about regeneration, he has to do a lot better selecting the next gen of leaders from SAF Generals, Civil servants, trade unionists, and bimbos. Otherwise, this is all lip service. They will probably move a couple of unpopular ministers like Wong Cunt Stink or MBT into the vacated SM and MM positions. Will they eliminate these 2 positions, probably not. Having created them as multimillion $ graft positions, they are not likely to get rid of them?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... They will probably move a couple of unpopular ministers like Wong Cunt Stink or MBT into the vacated SM and MM positions ...
it wud b a big farce n ah loon made himself a laffing stork if ah loon wants dese 2 burgers 2 mentor him ...

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another 1st in the world for S'pore...................

the 1st PM to ever have 2 old mudder-farkers as babysitters..................

no diff at all that the 2 old farks are gone...............Goh has always been just a powerless and impotent puppet...............Lee Kill You still call the shots.................

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. so what if sheep quit, die or what.
3. sheepishland will go on.
4. no one is indispensible mah!
5. just make sure that the two quitters don't turn around and eat "returning" grass.