• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Lim done in by his own pompous handling of party matters

Shawshank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deposit gone.

WORST performing candidate.

Please get out of Singapore.

You are the kind of poison that opposition should get rid of.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree siah!!!

Desmond the fat ass loser got done in by his humongous ego and unabashed arrogance.

Fucking lord of the small-fry parties thought he got heaven's mandate to chiong without his mentor CST's blessings.

Now he's ended up being the new Slipperman of Singapore.

Fucking deserve all the brickbrats now.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
GE: We'll be back, says SDA's Desmond Lim

SINGAPORE: Secretary-General of the Singapore Democratic Alliance Desmond Lim said the party will make a comeback to contest Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC in the next election.

He said despite the SDA losing, it did better than the last election. The party garnered some 31 per cent of votes in 2006, but won 35 per cent this time round.

All the SDA candidates who contested in the GRC are new to the political scene.

Mr Lim said: "I'm very happy there is an increase in percentage in comparison to the last GE results - there is an increase of over four per cent, so Pasir Ris-Punggol residents, we will come again.

"For new faces, they can score over 30 per cent, it's fantastic, that's good...I think that's good, it's the ground sentiments, people who like to see more opposition and this is a way of expressing their desire and I think that attributed to the increase in percentage."

Harminder Pal Singh who led the SDA team for Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC said: "It's a time of painful reflection".

But he said the party will aspire to work harder in the next few years, especially in terms of outreach.

"It reflects that we do have some potential that people on the ground are seeing. Number two, they want to give us a chance to be able to represent. And I think the most important, I think we need to work on ourselves a little more, to be able to push and breakthrough the barrier of 50 per cent."

Mr Harminder Pal said the party intends to carry out an in-depth study to see where it wants to go in the future.

Mr Lim was in a three-cornered fight against the PAP's Michael Palmer and Workers' Party's Lee Li Lian for the single ward of Punggol East. Mr Palmer won with 54.5 per cent of valid votes.

Mr Lim, who won less than five per cent of valid votes, is the only candidate to lose his S$16,000 deposit in this election.

Candidates must gain at least 12.5 per cent of the votes to ensure their deposit is not forfeited.

Mr Lim said he would have fared better, if there was no three-cornered fight.

He said: "My conclusion is people are choosing for branding despite the Workers' Party parachuting in without a proper five-year plan being offered. Moreover, the candidate was new. So I would say my conclusion is that residents are choosing for someone who has a brand and they would like to associate with it. I will continue to work the ground (in Punggol East) but I hope Workers' Party will also continue to work the ground."

Mr Lim said he intends to work on growing the SDA brand and continue to reach out to residents in both Punggol and Pasir Ris.

-CNA/ac

quincey_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on man Mr Lim, ur so called swing is way under the national average. Furthermore, u garnered only 4 per cent of the vote despite claiming to work the ground for the last five years! a young WP upstart manage to garner 12 times more votes than u did and mind you having worked the ground for only 2 weeks. It is time for you to do the honourable thing, take responsibility for your party's failures, and step down!

mikec

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Desmond, please don't be back. Let this pass please. If you're back I suspect you are being send by the dogs.

If you are reading this or someone who knows you please pass this message to Desmond - Desmond you are the most selfish motherfucker in Singapore. You know all the while WP stands a better chance yet you still want to get into this three corner fight out of your selfishness without any care for Singapore. Please get lost far far away.

Your wife, your kids, your father, mother and in-laws should be ashame of you q d disown you you shameful little bastard.

Last edited: