• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee - MM is MM, U dun like wat he said, just accept it

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM is MM, says PM
By Lydia Lim
mmlee-30.jpg

THE current Cabinet's way of working with Singaporeans to get results is different from Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew's way, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said yesterday.

While the elder Mr Lee understands the need for a different approach in working with a new generation of Singaporeans, he, however, cannot be other than himself in speaking his mind on issues.

'MM understands that, but MM is MM,' the Prime Minister said, to applause from the thousand-strong crowd at yesterday's lunchtime rally at UOB Plaza.

'Whether it is ordinary time, whether it's election time, you can be sure it's still the same MM,' Mr Lee said of his father, Singapore's first prime minister (right).

In a rare disclosure of Cabinet discussions, the younger Mr Lee said the Minister Mentor often asked him and his team of ministers why they did not proceed on a critical issue in a certain way.

'MM says: 'Why don't you do things in a certain way? Proceed, it's important, critical for Singapore.'

'And we say: 'Yes, we understand but, please, let us do it our way because we are different from you and it's a different generation of Singaporeans from the Singaporeans who worked with you and built this Singapore in the 1950s, 60s and 70s.

''So give us time. We know what we are doing, we will work with Singaporeans in our own way to deliver results.''

As many Singaporeans know, the elder Mr Lee, who is 87, 'tells it like it is'.

'When he tells you something, you know exactly what he's thinking and what he's talking about - straight from the shoulder, no ifs, no buts, solid hard talk,' PM Lee said.

Last Saturday, the Minister Mentor warned voters of Aljunied GRC, which he described as the only 'hot seat' in this election, that if they voted for the opposition Workers' Party, they would have 'five years to live and repent'.

The comment riled many whom The Straits Times spoke to, including supporters of the PAP's Aljunied team.

When asked for his response to PM Lee's comments, Foreign Minister George Yeo, anchor minister in Aljunied GRC, said: 'I think it's good that PM made that clarification, because MM's remarks puzzled quite a lot of people.'

Yesterday, the Prime Minister also made it clear that he and his team are now the ones in charge.

'This is the PAP Government, me, my team, and we are taking it forward - same strategic direction but doing it our way. I hope voters will understand and will support what we are doing.'

Elaborating on his team's approach, he said: 'We understand the hard truths. We understand what we need to do but we cannot do it - and we don't try and do it - MM's style. We do it our way.

'We spend some time to talk, to explain, to persuade, to understand the difficulties and the hesitations, to overcome some of these working problems so that we can go in the right strategic direction.

'And it's a difference in generations - between MM's team and my team, between your parents and you.'

Sleepless

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM is your father. You have to listen to him nag you for life. But, he is not our father. We pay him and your whole family damn well to do what you need to do. If you think he is no longer suitable for this generation, why is he still sitting there? Let him retire! Or do you have to do his bidding all the time? Which makes me question how you are going to do things differently from him when you can't even make him retire???

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... he said: 'We understand the hard truths. We understand what we need to do but we cannot do it - and we don't try and do it - MM's style. We do it our way ...

'And it's a difference in generations - between MM's team and my team, between your parents and you.'
ah loon is ze mother of all roots of current prob ... :mad:

... not ah u ... n dat burger is proud of it ... :rolleyes:

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Prime News > Story
May 4, 2011
MM's remarks 'puzzled a lot of people'

ALJUNIED GRC anchor minister George Yeo believes voters' sentiment should improve following Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's comments yesterday on Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew's remarks that residents would 'have five years to live and repent' if they chose the Workers' Party.

Mr Yeo spoke on the sidelines of a getai show at Kovan last night.

PM Lee said today that MM Lee's views are his own. Do you think that will help swing the contest in the PAP's favour?

I think it's good the PM made that clarification, because the MM's remarks puzzled quite a lot of people.

Sentiment has got better following how the PM addressed the MM's comments?

It should. It should, yes.

How is the contest going to go now?

I think it's going right down to the wire. So we're all hard at work and taking nothing for granted.

Why the sudden change of attitude today? You seem to be more on the attack.

It is coming to the end of the campaign, it's important that issues are crystallised clearly, because in three days' time, voters will have to decide.

What percentage of voters do you think are still undecided?

It's hard to say. I can't really tell. But we can't assume that anything is in our bag. We have to assume that every vote is in the balance.

What will you do if the WP refuses to come out with plans for Aljunied?

It is their decision. It should be put before the voters and they should make their own judgment and come to their own decision.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... PM Lee said today that MM Lee's views are his own. Do you think that will help swing the contest in the PAP's favour? ...
u shud ask ah u 2 cum out n apologize 2 all aljunied residents ... :mad:

ofcos it shud b xpected dat dat burger wil juz say sumting like standing corrected ...

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's win-win for LHL.

If LKY's remarks are beneficial for PAP in the elections, his father is speaking on behalf of the party but if they are not, then he uses the excuse that it is his father's personal opinions.

Either way, LHL and the PAP wins!

LOL!!! Hahaha!!!

Last edited:

williamsF1

Alfrescian
Loyal
it only costs < $1 at kopitiam to get an ahpeh to debate about politics, we dont need to pay that ahpeh millions to talk cock.

ahloong now telling us that his papa is just ahpeh talking cock, so, y does he even keep his papa in the cabinet at all?

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ah....yes...shaft it down our throat whether we like it onot...Imperialism at it's best...:wink::oIo:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reply to: MM is MM, U dun like wat he said, just accept it.
Singaporeans are Singaporeans. If you do not like the party we choose to vote, just accept it.