• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What are the chances for WP "B Team" win in East Coast GRC?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP teams in East Coast, Moulmein-Kallang and Nee Soon are more or less balanced same. Aljunied is a sure-win situation, even LKY himself has to say first, not big deal in losing a GRC. The last national average was 66.6%. If the national swing against PAP approaches or crosses 10%, a 2nd GRC could fall, could be any one of those contested by WP but not necessarily, could be Tampines (NSP) or Holland-Bukit Timah (SDP) too.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Thanks for your insightful input bro. I am in East Coast GRC, trying to get a feel of how it will be here. From all indicators, it does look like there will be a swing against PAP of at least 10%.

new10

i went to bedok stadium, a lot of them are young working adults and very few malays and indians. wp needs to get the message to the older people and also malay, esp about the voting secrecy

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
We've seen these before, the PAP will do everything in its power to prevent a GRC loss.
The threats directed at residents have only begun and its going to get worse. Remember Cheng San, the last minute incentives....
All homeowners are concern about their property value.... there is no getting away from it...
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think opposition can win any GRC.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think wp will take over east coast. even lose,will be marginal. so those wp volunteers at counting centre must make sure the counting must be impartial.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP teams in East Coast, Moulmein-Kallang and Nee Soon are more or less balanced same. Aljunied is a sure-win situation, even LKY himself has to say first, not big deal in losing a GRC. The last national average was 66.6%. If the national swing against PAP approaches or crosses 10%, a 2nd GRC could fall, could be any one of those contested by WP but not necessarily, could be Tampines (NSP) or Holland-Bukit Timah (SDP) too.

i am from Moulmein-Kallang!!!last time under jalan besar.PAP, you have enjoy my vote for the past few elections because i dont support other party beside workers party.now the workers party is here, my vote is important for the workers party.go go go....
I waited for the workers party to come here for quite sometime already.now now it's the time ....

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there is anything one could deduce from the election results, it is the Sinkie mentality.

If Opposition wins > 1 GRC and > 1 SMC - "the awakening" Sinkies are on the right track to being first world
If Opposition wins 1 GRC, 1 or 2 SMC - "within expectation" but a lot more hard work needed and possibly another 10 odd years before Opposition becomes really formidable
If Opposition wins anything less than 1 GRC and 1 SMC - "Sinkies will always be Sinkies, deserved to be enslaved to PAP"

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
i think wp will take over east coast. even lose,will be marginal. so those wp volunteers at counting centre must make sure the counting must be impartial.

Well, if WP takes East Coast GRC, it will be my dream come true. And for a lot of other people too.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am from Moulmein-Kallang!!!last time under jalan besar.PAP, you have enjoy my vote for the past few elections because i dont support other party beside workers party.now the workers party is here, my vote is important for the workers party.go go go....
I waited for the workers party to come here for quite sometime already.now now it's the time ....

I thought you're from Kaoshiung...LOL :smile:

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought you're from Kaoshiung...LOL :smile:

gigantic-ass.jpg

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aljunied is a sure-win situation, even LKY himself has to say first, not big deal in losing a GRC.

so confident?

you think WP will win Aljunied by 1) not losing too heavily in Malay votes. or 2) win a landslide Chinese votes.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Given the choice between WP winning Aljunied or East Coast, I rather WP win East Coast.
Because there is someone in East Coast I don't like. :o
Hint: Sometimes, he sings songs, sometimes he cries. occasionally he wears a mask. Hobbies: Looking at his cpf statement. :biggrin:

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i too agree aljunied go in2 d hand off wp ...fm mmlee prediction, he sensed it too
a swing of vote will c more damages to other grc or smc

unless mmlee announced $10,000 refund 2 aljunied resident for own flat upgrade,
wp's power will expand in parliamnet

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there is anything one could deduce from the election results, it is the Sinkie mentality.

If Opposition wins > 1 GRC and > 1 SMC - "the awakening" Sinkies are on the right track to being first world
If Opposition wins 1 GRC, 1 or 2 SMC - "within expectation" but a lot more hard work needed and possibly another 10 odd years before Opposition becomes really formidable
If Opposition wins anything less than 1 GRC and 1 SMC - "Sinkies will always be Sinkies, deserved to be enslaved to PAP"

Sinkies improved within expectation :biggrin:

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
East Coast ended up the second highest scoring GRC for WP. Immediately after the results, I have high hopes for it in the next GE. However, just days later, I was dazed by the bitter resignation of Eric Tan over the NCMP seat.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
East Coast ended up the second highest scoring GRC for WP. Immediately after the results, I have high hopes for it in the next GE. However, just days later, I was dazed by the bitter resignation of Eric Tan over the NCMP seat.

WP should work the ground for East Coast now .... cannot relax if you are seriously want to win it.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
But a classmate of the sing song wear mask guy told me he very smart in school.

I am happy with the Aljunied win, at least kicked the two big ass-air head-small hearted cha bor out.

If WP go marine parade also got high chance.

Given the choice between WP winning Aljunied or East Coast, I rather WP win East Coast.
Because there is someone in East Coast I don't like. :o
Hint: Sometimes, he sings songs, sometimes he cries. occasionally he wears a mask. Hobbies: Looking at his cpf statement. :biggrin: